Mini-game: Find the copy-paste bg vocals on "Michael"

odedia

Proud Member
This is not a post about whether some songs are fake or not, however, every fan will immediately identify some background vocals on the album that were copied from other MJ tracks.

I have noticed these:

I can't make it another day: Into the 3:22 part of the song, you clearly hear the "It's just too much for me, you're just too much for me" vocals which are so clearly taken from the end of 2Bad (3:24, in the background), although they did slow down the vocals a bit to match this slower song. Seems to me like they didn't even want to hide it on this one. I think they only had MJ singing a single chorus, so they had to make them a bit different when possible.

Keep your head up: at the following times: 3:11, 3:25, 3:38, and most noticeably at 3:52 - these "hoo hoo"'s are taken from the end of "Earth Song" (at 6:06 and onward)

Breaking news: the "Hoo!" at time 3:09 (and elsewhere in the song) is taken from "You Rock My World", at time 3:55.

I'm sure there will be more.

What did you find?

yeah the 'its just too much for me' is so obvious! come on! I didnt even hear the other ones you mentioned yet, maybe because I haven't listened to the album a lot yet, just out of annoyance with Sony. It will be interesting to see how the album was patched together. I will be coming back here to check! :)

i havent heard any song from his album yet but i know what you mean about breaking news :yes:

i found a new one: its not even pretending to be anything else; in 'behind the mask' there is a croud cheering, and at first I thought it was just a sound effect, but with headphones I heared MJ shouting Heehee and Whoo and all that good stuff, and the audience heehee-ing after him. But I don't know from which concert that is, does anyone know????

Ha, I was just about to post this exact thing! Nice catch :).

Ok, I think I have another one: In "Another Day", just when the guitar riff begins, you hear MJ going "Come on baby! hee hee!". I am pretty sure that this is from D.S., or from Privacy.

I can't make it another day: Into the 3:22 part of the song, you clearly hear the "It's just too much for me, you're just too much for me" vocals which are so clearly taken from the end of 2Bad (3:24, in the background), although they did slow down the vocals a bit to match this slower song. Seems to me like they didn't even want to hide it on this one. I think they only had MJ singing a single chorus, so they had to make them a bit different when possible.

This is totally wrong. These vocals have the typical INVINCIBLE era voice.
There's NO copy-paste in "Another Day".

The background vocals in "2 Bad" have a totally different voice.

"Another Day" has been left untouched except for some arrangements changed by Lenny Kravitz which has nothing to do with vocals.

I don't like this kind of unprofessional speculation when you can immediately notice the difference with in-ear earphones.

I did hear it with in-ear earphones. I am not saying it is fact, I am saying that this is what it sounded like to me.
And I find it hard to believe that the song was left untouched, considering how the chorus is repeating itself almost note-for-note except for one excerpt.

Oh well.

Usually MJ music is best when you listen to it with in ear phones, cause you hear so much more then normally (except if you have some high tech sound system). That is a big difference with the new album too, there are less layers on it in my opinion. And it hurts my ears less when I put the volume loud, which should be a good thing lol. But it is another reminder that MJ didnt put the finishing touches on the album but other people did. Though I think they probably did the best job they could, it still just doesnt compare. Sorry for getting a little off topic.

i found a new one: its not even pretending to be anything else; in 'behind the mask' there is a croud cheering, and at first I thought it was just a sound effect, but with headphones I heared MJ shouting Heehee and Whoo and all that good stuff, and the audience heehee-ing after him. But I don't know from which concert that is, does anyone know????

the 'Hee Hee' its of his Bucharest concert

Back