Military band played instrumental version of MJ's "Thriller" before Pres Obama speech

MsMo

Proud Member
President Obama flew to Fort Campbell, Ky., Friday to personally congratulate the assault-team responsible for the killing of Osama bin Laden, telling them and the rest of the troops on the base "job well done."

Vice President Joe Biden joined Obama in privately thanking the Navy SEAL team just hours after bin Laden's terror network al Qaeda confirmed the death of their leader and vowed to avenge it and retaliate against Americans.

They were greeted by Vice Adm. William McRaven, the head of the Joint Special Operations Command and the man who commanded the covert assault on bin Laden's compound, just after 2 p.m. Friday.

Also on hand were Brigadier General Jeffrey Colt and Admiral Eric Olson, and Command Sergeant Major Wayne St. Louis, as well as Ann Campbell, the wife of Major General John Campbell, the commanding general of the 101st Airborne, and Marla Schroeder, the wife of Command Sergeant Major Scott Schroeder, the division command sergeant. Both Campbell and Schroeder are still deployed overseas.

Obama and Biden then spoke to approximately 2,200 soldiers and service members gathered in a hangar.
"I had the privilege of meeting the extraordinary Special Operations folks...," he told the crowd. "It was an opportunity for me to say for all the world, job well done, job well done."

"Thanks to the incredible skill and courage of countless individuals over many years, the terrorist leader who struck our nation on 9/11 will never threaten our country again," Obama said to thunderous applause.

:giggle:
Before the speech, a military band played an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in the background, as the packed hanger full of service members patiently awaited the President.

Banners on the hangar walls say "Job Well Done," "Fort Campbell," "Home of the Screaming Eagles" and "Welcome Home."

A huge U.S. flag is flying in the backdrop of the podium, according to a White House press pool account.

The band and troops sang the "Star-Spangled Banner" before Obama's remarks.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...roops-commanders-responsible-for-obl-raid.php

Before the speech, a military band played an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in the background, as the packed hanger full of service members patiently awaited the President.
dance5.gif

They should have added Smooth Criminal in there as well!

That's rather awesome, nothing like a bit of Thriller to get in the mood! I remember when the Queen's military band were warming up by playing Thriller, it was amazing to see!

You hear teh door slam ,
and realize there's nowhere left to run

You feel the cold hand ,
and wonder if you'll ever see the sun

You close your eyes
and hope that this is just imagination

But all the while
you hear the creature creeping up behind
You're out of time

=====I can image as real=====

thats great..sure wish I could see a clip of this...thank you for posting..:)

How awesome is that?
This is an important move by Obama's pr team to point out the significance of Michael's legacy at the widest possible public. A very strong semiology.
Another reason, among many, that I respect Barack Obama. Remember when he proposed to Michael to lead his campaign?

Has someone tampered with the original writing/story? There's nothing about MJ's THRILLER in this article . Instead it states: "band plays James Brown's 'Living In America' "

If anyone finds a video of this without a reporter talking all over the music grrr... could you please post it? Sounds so cool

I saw "military band"

maybe it's a lil off topic...but you know, here in holland we have a show now, it's called " Royal Dutch Airforce - a tribute 2 Michael Jackson"

I WENT THERE! gosh, it was amazing, i loved it, they played quite a few songs, you could also hear "Planet Earth" really nice!

But talkin' 'bout Obama, i also loved how he showed his respect towards Michael and his Family when he passed.
It's amazing what the world does..

i just think it's pretty sad that...after Mj's passing the world start to recognize what kind of special person he is....
But ok, I'll love MJ forever

Obama bottled it big time after june 09.hardly respected mj.

Obama bottled it big time after june 09.hardly respected mj.

^ Agree. That was very disappointing. He could have said so much more.

Thank you Virginia Woolf for posting the youtube clip of the Guards Band in front of Buckingham palace..that was a really cool arrangement they played. Pity the tourists didn't listen to it a bit more Grrr.

Back