Mikes work & quate from TII

DocArunas

Proud Member
I don't know how about you guys, but one thing struck me.
Lets put all that light man and crystal outfit thing aside.
Seriously he only released one DVD and I think he really knew fans wanted more.
There was a quate in the film which he said, something like this: "I want the music perfect, I want my fans to hear it just like i wrotte it on the record"
The songs, dance, sequance the tank on the stage most of this was done, hundreds of times before.
I come to this conclusion when I found out that Prince blocks out every single song/video on the net.

I really don't know what I want to prove or ask... It just weird a weird feeling... Why wouldn't he want to tour with new material... Why no DVD's ? If he knows people want them ?.. Maybe he wanted to save the "miracle" performances so that we could see them unless we came to see it live.. Why the saying: "Exactly like i did it on the record" as if all these 20-30 years of the same BRILIANT music isn't enough but seriously... "Exactly like ...."

I hope someone understands the conflict thats in my head now and what im trying to say

Don't feel bad. I think it would help if this was in the TII part of the board. Actually, I think they already have a thread about quotes from the movie. if you asked this question there, I'm sure more people would respond since people especially interested in the movie check there.

But besides that, i think it might have to do with Mj getting Bearden in line so he could get the rhytms just right. Mj knows that his fans are very perceptible when it comes to his music. if the music did not sound like it did on the records, they would notice. He was telling Bearden that that was the way he wanted it to sound.

I wonder why he didn`t release more concerts too, maby because he was such a perfectionist? He would gain A LOT of profit, but still he didn`t release them, so there has to be a reason.. And about that quote..the original song version is composed perfectly, and we know he wanted to do things as good as possible, so if the song had to be performed 50 times, I think it was right to tell Bearden it`s still not good enough

tu lietuvis?

Back