Mike's 'mysterious' image (question)

MySerenity5

Proud Member
Can anyone please explain this to me?

I've often read from many music forums that Michael's mystique helped fuel the MJ mania even more in his career.

But, I don't understand how he is mysterious....

I mean, he had been in the spotlight since he was 12. Surely, the public knows a lot of things about him already. Not to mention, he's been hounded by the media everyday....

So... I got curious why this 'mysterious' image (along with his music, of course) made him a super duper super star...

Any thoughts?

Is it because Michael barely made any appearances???

So, people yearn for him... not the other way around? :unsure:

I think his mystery is part of his image...Part of his genius...There is a great part in the Michael Jackson Tapes and Michael talks about his power of mystery...Here's a part from it and it always amazes me how Michael truly understood this concept:

"Hally's Comet is no more of a miracle than the moon or the sun. But we make a big deal about it because you see it once in a lifetime and everybody's out there to see it. You know astronomers and fans and people and it's this thing that circles around the solar system but you see it once in a lifetime. If it happened every night nobody would care, but to me the moon is just as miraculous....I don't care if you're the most talented person in the world, if you come on the television everyday people will regurgitate you. You have to know how to play your audience.....You can say to somebody, 'There's six doors, you can open any of those doors. But the fifth door, don't open it. Don't open the fifth door, no matter what' Of course, everyone is going, 'What's behind door number five?' because it's the great mystery. And that's, everyone wants to expose door number five because you know...And I love that and it's not like a game but I want people to appreciate talent and ability. I only do an album every five years. Other artists do an album every year and my albums outlast and outsell all the other artists. And people wait for it"

I just think he had such a keen sense of mystery and is one of the reasons why people went bananas over him...

I think his mystery is part of his image...Part of his genius...There is a great part in the Michael Jackson Tapes and Michael talks about his power of mystery...Here's a part from it and it always amazes me how Michael truly understood this concept:

"Hally's Comet is no more of a miracle than the moon or the sun. But we make a big deal about it because you see it once in a lifetime and everybody's out there to see it. You know astronomers and fans and people and it's this thing that circles around the solar system but you see it once in a lifetime. If it happened every night nobody would care, but to me the moon is just as miraculous....I don't care if you're the most talented person in the world, if you come on the television everyday people will regurgitate you. You have to know how to play your audience.....You can say to somebody, 'There's six doors, you can open any of those doors. But the fifth door, don't open it. Don't open the fifth door, no matter what' Of course, everyone is going, 'What's behind door number five?' because it's the great mystery. And that's, everyone wants to expose door number five because you know...And I love that and it's not like a game but I want people to appreciate talent and ability. I only do an album every five years. Other artists do an album every year and my albums outlast and outsell all the other artists. And people wait for it"

I just think he had such a keen sense of mystery and is one of the reasons why people went bananas over him...

Wow... thanks...

Michael truly is a genius.....

Now, some artists need to learn from this.... -_-

Being over-exposed is a BAD thing.... okay? (yea, I am staring @ U!)

Exactly....Michael knew this from the beginning...It's SO true...I mean, when he put a new short film out, or a new album, it was an EVENT...it always was....Most artists now, you see a video of them and it was probably out for a while, but no one really cared that much....There will never be another artist out there like Mike...

Back