Mika's sister critical after falling from window and becoming impaled on railings

janena

Guests
Mika' sister in bizarre accident

Mon, 11/10/2010 - 11:20 By Not Mopsa

Sister of singer Mika is critically ill after falling 50ft from her window and being impaled on the railings below last night. Mika called the ambulance after Paloma Penniman reportedly lost her balance while sitting on a ledge three floors up and fell onto spikes, one of which entered her abdomen...

Mika made the call at about 5.15am before firefighters arrived and reportedly cut a section off the railings still in Paloma's body when she was taken to hospital.

His family are now keeping a vigil at the Royal London hospital in Whitechapel, with a source saying:

"To say he's traumatised by this doesn't even come close. It's the stuff of nightmares. Paloma had surgery today on her abdomen and legs - but she is critically ill.

"Mika is out of his mind with worry. No one really knows what happened. One minute Paloma was sitting on the window-ledge, the next she had fallen on to the railings."

The pair had been out for dinner in west London before returning to her home in Kensington, where the incident happened.

A police spokesman said:

"Police were called to an address at 5.15 this morning, after reports a woman was impaled on railings after falling from a window."

Mika's spokesperson added:

"She is in a critical but stable state. The family have asked for privacy at this time."

105183205.jpg

article-1319475-0B9064FD000005DC-612_233x405.jpg

http://news1.capitalbay.com/news/mika_s_sister_critical_after.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel: For Paloma, Mika and the rest of their family....

I couldn't believe this when I heard it. I didn't know he was present when it happened.
What a strange and horrible accident. I hope she will be alright and the family (Mika in particular) as well.

How awful. Sounds like something from a movie. Actually, I thought of "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" while reading this.

Back