Michael's tail !

qbee

Proud Member
1002712_504744339593964_668144686_n.jpg

Michael's tail !! ~ After Michael wore a black leather adaptation of a British fencing uniform for a Sony photoshoot with photographer Herb Ritts, he told his costume designers Bush and Tompkins that he wanted to wear it on tour! For Michael's ease of dancing and quick change of clothes, the outfit was made in 4 way stretch fabric in several colours ~ the gold was the winner. Fencing is a British sport so European fans recognised the outfit immediately as being a fencing uniform but Americans weren't aware of what influenced the piece and during the Dangerous Tour several letters poured in about the 'tail' that was caused by the adjustable strap at the back of Michael's fencing shirt. Fencing shirts buckle at the bottom beneath the tailbone, so the tighter the strap fastened, the longer the tail hung. "It stuck out" or "It looked like a mistake' and 'was distracting'

But nothing we did for Michael was by mistake. That is how the traditional fencing uniform is worn. In fact, that 'tail' was Michael's favourite part of this outfit. It moved like crazy when he danced, it became an extension of him, but most of all, it was the detail he wondered if anyone would notice. And to his pleasure they did. !"

Additional text from ~ The King of Style ~ Michael Bush

UK Loved MJ Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...21185843.20499.116222408446161&type=1&theater

This is a pic from the Photo shoot

After Michael wore a black leather adaptation of a British fencing uniform for a Sony photoshoot with photographer Herb Ritts, he told his costume designers Bush and Tompkins that he wanted to wear it on tour!

600442_504753639593034_1219600545_n.jpg

"But nothing we did for Michael was by mistake."

Important to note, huh. Seems to be truth!

How funny that the excess of the strap was being referred to as a "tail."

Thanks for posting this, qbee. :)

Haha, Ashtanga!

I do love Michael Bush's book. Really wonderful to see all the details about Michael's tour outfits etc.

I love that picture, my gosh the tail looks fab... if you know what I mean :naughty: I don't see how people didn't notice the fencing outfit influence, when I was old enough I realized that's what it was, oh well. Thanks, I love that anecdote :D

Fencing was an olympic sport once upon a time.

Tail? :blink: I'm looking for something else.... :girl_whistle: :shifty: You know.... :naughty: :fear: Oh Michael.... :woohoo: :censored:

Oh MY :censored: thoughts indeed :blush:

Seriously now, thanks Qbee for the thread :D
Love these kind of stories about Michael's 'flavour' for details that is what sets you apart from the rest. :yes:

my enhancement of this image, what do you guys think? :)

walj.jpg

I think that it originally didn't need an enhancement e.g. there was nothing wrong with it.

film degrades over time, the image on the left is starting to lose its original colour.

film degrades over time, the image on the left is starting to lose its original colour.

What is this photo to do with film? How its degraded? How do you know its degraded? How do you know how it "originally" looked like? You just made it darker and reduced green when you shouldn't have done that because it looked how it should.
I'm not having a go at you, but in my opinion you should enhance something when it's really necessary not waste time on something that's already good, just for the sake of enhancing.

What is this photo to do with film? How its degraded? How do you know its degraded? How do you know how it "originally" looked like? You just made it darker and reduced green when you shouldn't have done that because it looked how it should.
I'm not having a go at you, but in my opinion you should enhance something when it's really necessary not waste time on something that's already good, just for the sake of enhancing.

i sharpened it slightly also, you ask people which they prefer and you tell me the results.

I'd rather focus on the the nice view ;), I love the front but I hate the back OF THE OUTFIT because it looks like a thong but Michael's fesse oh là là, OMJ! :heat: :swoon:

Back