Michaels "scent" Tom Ford - Black Orchid?? [Merged]

daft gran

Proud Member
what cologne did mj wear? was it tom ford?

there is an article in today's mirror and latoya mentions it...not sure if articles true
anyone know

thanks

Re: what cologne did mj wear? was it tom ford?

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70989

Tom Ford - Black Orchid
Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez
Joop Homme (strikingly strong and stinks)
CK Obsession (stinks. really bad)

and this one wasn't on the thread but I would assume he also wore Elizebeth Taylor - White Diamonds?
And probably even some Jean Paul. Who knows.

Tom Ford - Black Orchid

and this one wasn't on the thread but I would assume he also wore Elizebeth Taylor - White Diamonds?

OMG CK Obsession smells so good! My husband wears that all the time, now im gunna follow him around and just sniff his clothes LOL :D :D

I foud this article a few years ago...

Gianni Vive Sulman Parfum VIby Deidre Woollard (RSS feed)

Feb 8th 2005 at 7:25PM

At nearly $89,000 a bottle it's certainly a pricey perfume but for the owners of the Gianni Vive Sulman Parfum VI it's the packaging that's worth the cash. Although the makers promise that the perfume combines "the richness of jasmine, rose from Grasse and secret natural ingredients from ancient recipes to create this most enchanting and irresistible symphony" it's the bottle with its diamond-wreathed stopper, the box of exotic wood and gold and the key made of gold, diamonds and rubies that drive the price up. Who wears this stuff? Michael Jackson bought a couple of bottles when it first came out in 1998 (Gianni Vive Sulman also designed some of his outfits) but other than that we're not aware of any takers.

2h7pf2r.jpg

http://www.luxist.com/2005/02/08/gianni-vive-sulman-parfum-vi/#

I foud this article a few years ago...

At nearly $89,000 a bottle it's certainly a pricey perfume but for the owners of the Gianni Vive Sulman Parfum VI it's the packaging that's worth the cash. Although the makers promise that the perfume combines "the richness of jasmine, rose from Grasse and secret natural ingredients from ancient recipes to create this most enchanting and irresistible symphony" it's the bottle with its diamond-wreathed stopper, the box of exotic wood and gold and the key made of gold, diamonds and rubies that drive the price up. Who wears this stuff? Michael Jackson bought a couple of bottles when it first came out in 1998 (Gianni Vive Sulman also designed some of his outfits) but other than that we're not aware of any takers.

2h7pf2r.jpg

http://www.luxist.com/2005/02/08/gianni-vive-sulman-parfum-vi/#

WOWZERS! lol

Now I'm curious and going to be smelling all them perfumes in department stores :lol:

Hi guys,

Was just reading a quote from LaToya, not like her to be talking, haha.

When I go to his house I say, ‘Hello, Michael. How are you? If you’re here, please, please let me know’. And the lights start blinking. I can feel him. I can smell his Tom Ford cologne and I’ve felt him brush past me."

I've done a quick google search for Tom Ford and it comes up Michaels fav was Black Orchid. This is listed as a womans fragrance? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any information on this. Kinda think it would be cool to have his fav fragrance.

Thanks.

Re: Michaels "scent" Tom Ford - Black Orchid??

BAL A VERSAILLES, by Jean Desprez
28khwty.jpg

and
Tom Ford's Black Orchid for Women
attachment.php

someone once said to me he wore Guerlain Shalimar - also womens'. I bought it off the back of that. Maybe he didn't.

In Vanity Fair it says he wore Jungle Gardenia during his 1988 Grammy Award performance. The interviewer gave it to him as a gift because he had previously complimented her when she wore it.

Wow looks amazing I bet Michael smells beautiful in that colonge.

Julia

this is amy under darvons name

Michael walked a few inches from me back in 04 and I will say this: Those are what he wore and he smelled divine...:)

Joop,Eternity and Obsession as well...

Ohh!I forgot this...

2h7pf2r.jpg

Gianni Vive Sulman Parfum VI

http://www.luxist.com/2005/02/08/gianni-vi...man-parfum-vi/#

Ive been wondering what he wore ever since I met him in june.. (7 days before passing) I shoke his hand, and my hand smelled amazing for the rest of the night.. well until I ate food... my girlfriend and I were trying to figure out what the heck he wore.. it was not flowery, not cinimin.. but IDK I can't explain it. he smelled beautiful.. I didn't think of it as a female smell.. not a male either.. just a good smell. It just helped towards his amazing ora. just WOW!

BAV was his favorite. We already had a long thread about it in Michaelmania.

Story from Karen:http://www.mjfanclub.net/mjforum373/showthread.php?t=8019

"I have had many requests. Like music, our sense of smell activates our memories. Michael and I discovered many years ago (30) we shared a favorite scent. Those who were able to share the same space with Michael, BAL A VERSAILLES, by Jean Desprez, will remind you of him."

Neither Obsession or Joop were a favorite. They may have been a quick buy from his security guards because BAV was not always easy to find."
"
"I ordered it online. I bought many bottles for him for London...
"

"Michael treated the bottles of this scent like gold. He was always so thrilled to have it. He loved the big fancy bottle, and he liked to carry the tiny little bottles in his pocket. Michael Bush wasn't always so pleased when they leaked in his pocket."

"He was wearing Black Orchid, but that was because it was easy to get. He switched immediately, when I found him BAV. He would ask me everyday if it had arrived after I told him I had ordered it."

"He was wearing BAV in the last weeks of his life."

"Michael and I shared the love of this scent before we even met. It was something we discovered about each other. It wasn't one of those perfumes you find at the department store, so I was always hunting for it for him. Michael Bush would search also. When we found a bottle it was like striking gold. Now with the internet, it makes it easier to track down, but back then it was a miracle to find!
The scent was created in 1962."

He sure did like his colognes.

nx16au.jpg

Oh my God, I've never seen this before! Is there a Youtube video for it? I wonder what perfume it was.... Lmao.
Look at how much he's spraying... (!)

It was in 2002,Gary.Karen Faye said he was spraying "Eternity"(Calvin Klein)on that video.

^ Yuck!!! I hate the smell of that cologne, and CK in general tbh.

Is there a video for it?

x

Hi guys,

Was just reading a quote from LaToya, not like her to be talking, haha.

When I go to his house I say, ‘Hello, Michael. How are you? If you’re here, please, please let me know’. And the lights start blinking. I can feel him. I can smell his Tom Ford cologne and I’ve felt him brush past me."

I've done a quick google search for Tom Ford and it comes up Michaels fav was Black Orchid. This is listed as a womans fragrance? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any information on this. Kinda think it would be cool to have his fav fragrance.

Thanks.

I read that too. I went into a shop that were selling it and I smelled the fragrance and...............WOW I love it. I'm gonna have to go back and buy it!! :) It's quite strong though.

I knew this and I have smelled Black Orchid and is amazing!!! Very nice!
And I will buy a bottle of BAV for christmas :D

Oh my God, I've never seen this before! Is there a Youtube video for it? I wonder what perfume it was.... Lmao.
Look at how much he's spraying... (!)

And look where he's spraying at.:yes:

^ Yuck!!! I hate the smell of that cologne, and CK in general tbh.

Is there a video for it?

x

There was a clip of this when he went to Gary, Indiana on YouTube but it has been taken down.

Jean Desprez - Bal a Versailles was his most favourite perfume :)

I remember reading somewhere that he smelt of lavender - not sure where but fans have said it before. Every time I smell it I think of Michael.

OMG waht a great little video haha..what is he using there
boy hes really going to town with that spray ha

Tom Ford - Black Orchid

aww your siggy is so cute! he wouldve loved that picture

That was so cute. I had never seen it before. :)

Back