Michael's raw talent

HIStory

Proud Member
OKay. First of all i LOVE the Nicholas Brothers. I tap danced for 6 years and them, Savion Glover, Sammy and Gregory Hines are my tap GODS. The other ones I'd seen,I don't know how i missed this one...

Mike is killing it keeping up with two legends of tap. I am MEEEEELLLLLLTING right now, Thank you SO MUCH for posting that. I'm giddy like a school girl right now!

ETA: And yes, cheesy as hell. Even for the 70s. Where did he say he didn't like doing the show?

Last edited:
Damn, buy the brother a pair of ballet slippers and the dancin world would have been even more f*cked.
Is there anything that boy can't do??

Okay! It was like ordained that THIS was gonna be THE GUY! U know what I mean? Like multi talented in basically all things creative and artistic.

ETA: And yes, cheesy as hell. Even for the 70s. Where did he say he didn't like doing the show?

If I remember correctly in Moonwalk.

I have the feeling,the guy could do ANYTHING with his body. It's so amazing. Step, break, ballet, whatever, it was all in him - and the best thing is that it came naturally for him.

Waw I love the performances from the Jacksons show, Michael is very talented indeed.

Thanks respect77! I LOVE that 'I shot the sheriff' number!

I think the Jacksons' variety show shows off the talent of all the siblings with their singing, dancing, and acting. Michael has always been phenomenal, but I don't think everyone knows just how diverse his talents were. A true Renaissance man!

What would be incredible is if the studio that owns this series would put it on DVD! OMG, I would definitely buy that. Are any of the whole episodes in the 2000 watts section? I haven't checked yet.

Thanks respect77! I LOVE that 'I shot the sheriff' number!

I think the Jacksons' variety show shows off the talent of all the siblings with their singing, dancing, and acting. Michael has always been phenomenal, but I don't think everyone knows just how diverse his talents were. A true Renaissance man!

What would be incredible is if the studio that owns this series would put it on DVD!

I agree, they should put it on DVD. No matter if it's cheesy, the guys, and espiacially Michael, are so ridiculously talented that you just love to watch it!

Respect 77, I like your word choice: "raw". Well, I dig a lot of artists' music, but there are only handful of people that I say have raw talent. It ain't something somebody else can take away from you. It always stands out even when surrounded by other people called "talented" in general. I think it's becuz raw talent is reeeealy a part of who you are and it just shows wherever you are-be it on stage, in your place or in your car chillin (the Ignition remix video :wink:). Also, artists with raw talent like Michael's don't have to depend on many gimmicks to entertain the crowd. When he performs, you simply don't have time to pay attention to the lights or screen images or uh...stage settings, etc. You so busy looking at him and listening to him!!!:yes: It's usually some artists who got a certain level of talent, but not raw talent that needs hype and gimmicks and extras.

that's why Michael is incomparable and unparalleled *bow* haha

He said he hated doing the show because TV doesn't allow you enough time to perfect things. And yeah, he hated the silliness and randomness of some of the things they had to do...and how he felt it made people take their music less seriously.
But there ARE moments where he genuinely was enjoying himself, I've noticed. :)

He said he hated doing the show because TV doesn't allow you enough time to perfect things. And yeah, he hated the silliness and randomness of some of the things they had to do...and how he felt it made people take their music less seriously.

And despite of everything, these shows are now classic!

I agree, they should put it on DVD. No matter if it's cheesy, the guys, and espiacially Michael, are so ridiculously talented that you just love to watch it!

It's doubtful. Everybody and their mama had a variety show in the 1970s. They all had the same guests, the same lame jokes. They were even corny at the time, lol. Variety shows were everywhere like the "reality" shows today, but at least the variety shows were entertaining. I have no idea what the appeal of "reality" shows are.

Uh huh. Performing is performing, variety show or otherwise and we all know he loved to be on stage...

He said he didn't like it in Moonwalk.
He had to have things perfect. They didn't have enough time to rehearse the shows before they were taped.
I understand how Michael felt, but if he really messed up, I sure don't see it. I just see his talent and creativity.

He looked pretty damn perfect to me from what I could tell. But u know he was a perfectionist so having issue with the show makes sense..

Everybody had a variety show, but in light of recent events I could see how this might be released on DVD or something. I wonder who owns it.

He looked pretty damn perfect to me from what I could tell. But u know he was a perfectionist so having issue with the show makes sense..

Everybody had a variety show, but in light of recent events I could see how this might be released on DVD or something. I wonder who owns it.
That could be rather costly. First they would have to get clearance from the guest stars who are still alive or their estate/family if not and set up some financial deal. David Letterman was one of the guests, I don't know if he'd approve or he might ask for a lot of money. Then pay all of the songwriters or publishers of songs used in the show. Bob Marley (I Shot The Sherriff) might be expensive. The Jackson family themselves would have to get paid because they're the stars of the show. Then fix the picture/audio if needed. Who knows what else? So they would need to be sure this is a guaranteed seller to the general public like a movie DVD. Just selling to fans might not be enough to make a big enough profit to whoever releases it. Remember the Jacksons as a group never sold as well as Michael solo and never had an official video release of any type.

U right. I forget it's not as easy as just slapping some episodes on a dvd and sending it out... Just wishful thinking on my part I guess...

Back