Michael's quotes or notes about touring (please post)

Topflux

Proud Member
I'm collecting Michael's quotes about touring. Positive or negative. Everything that has came from his own mouth or is proved to be said by him. So I'm asking you to help to post all the sayings or writings (with the source) on that issue by him.

"The Record company usually they like for you to support your album and go on tour. And, uh... I don't like to. I do like relating to the fans giving the fans a chance to see you face to face, because you go from Hong Kong to Africa to China to Brazil to you know, Singapore, Switzerland, London, Paris, Russia. And the stadiums are just jammed, and the energy is great it's fantastic."

There's much more of the quote in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IzRz1pD6M

Adrian Grant Interview, 1997
You broke many records during your successful ‘HIStory Tour’. Is it hard to get motivated for each show, after more than 30 years of performing?

Michael Jackson: I usually come to the show not feeling like I really want to do it because of being overworked, but once I get there I feel the spirit of the entire audience before I even get on stage. And then the magic takes place – no matter how you feel, even dead sick and weary – suddenly you just go out and do it. The energy comes out of nowhere. It’s like the Gods are blessing you.

What personal satisfaction did you gain from the tour?

Michael Jackson: Seeing all the races together, which I love so much. All the colours in the audience loving one another, getting on with each other and enjoying the music – a unified field!

Throughout your career you have constantly taken your art form to another level. How do you see your live performances taking place in the future?

Michael Jackson: I don’t want to do any more world tours, or at least I don’t think I will. I want to spend the rest of my life doing records and films. I’ll do some special shows here and there, because I do love performing, but I’ve been doing it since I was five. Now I want to create something memorable for the next 100 years, and that’s in the movies.

Back