Michael's philosophy on living with pain?

4u_n_4me

Proud Member
I think it was from Boteach that I heard him say, when Michael was at his house and in some kind of pain at the time so Boteach told Michael to sit down, but Michael refused to sit co's Boteach claimed Michael needed to live with the pain or something? Is this accurate? If so, what was Michael's philosophy on living with physical pain??

re: "Michael's philosophy on living with physical pain"
I don't think anyone can be sure as how Michael himself felt about that or how he had to deal with it. When one is in pain caused by an illness and/or injuries you really have to be in that persons shoes to truely understand it. I think illness - pain- etc. is your own private business as it's between you & your doctor(s) Michael seemed to be a private person when it came to private matters. As for Boteach (if that is who you are thinking said this) It really is hard to tell what exact context theses words come out as. When writting or speaking about something as complex as someone's pain and/or medical issues it would be easy to be taken out of context,skewed and not very easy to take what's be written/said in 'chucks' as literal or exactly.

:heart:
souldreamer7

Sometimes when you have backpain it get worse when you sit down.
If Boteach said something he could have interpreted it in his own way and got it wrong.
"Stories are twisted and turned"

Sometimes when you have backpain it get worse when you sit down.
If Boteach said something he could have interpreted it in his own way and got it wrong.
"Stories are twisted and turned"

That's basically what I said in my post expect you shortened it down to simple.

re: "Michael's philosophy on living with physical pain"
I don't think anyone can be sure as how Michael himself felt about that or how he had to deal with it. When one is in pain caused by an illness and/or injuries you really have to be in that persons shoes to truely understand it. I think illness - pain- etc. is your own private business as it's between you & your doctor(s) Michael seemed to be a private person when it came to private matters. As for Boteach (if that is who you are thinking said this) It really is hard to tell what exact context theses words come out as. When writting or speaking about something as complex as someone's pain and/or medical issues it would be easy to be taken out of context,skewed and not very easy to take what's be written/said in 'chucks' as literal or exactly.

:heart:
souldreamer7

I agree.

That was in Boteach's first book. If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I have this wrong)...he thought Michael was depending too much on painkillers so he told him he needs to learn to live with the pain (spoken like someone who has never had chronic pain).

Hey, just 'bumped' into this thread... :blush:
Would like to know too HOW Michael 'dealt' with it as someone that hasn't got 'chronic' pain thinks we 'exaggerate' and only 'nag' :no:
I'm NEVER a minute without pain... Okay, when I sleep :doh:

I posted my thoughts above based only how much Michael himself let out his views to the public.. to go far into it i'd have to research every little video book and article where it was only Michael's own words - which I don't have the time to do right this moment,but we do know he did take medications I mean people living with pain you've got to be able to be comfortable... perhaps he tried meditation and exercise as well...? Anyone else... who recalls everything off hand?

Well, I did some 'thinking' about this subject :scratch:

I know Michael took meds for it... Benzo's and stuff... They are 'dangerous' as you have to 'increase' the dose each time :doh:
I did read and see Michael chewing 'cinnamon' flavoured gum...
I've 'experienced' that this is a 'natural' painkiller... I'm hooked on my 'cinnamon' cookies if I wanna write for a few hours...

Music, meditation and visualisation can help too and taking LONG HOT baths :D

I know that Michael 'loved' to take LONG baths... He fell asleep in his bath once :doh:

I think 'colour' therapy' HELPS too... Wearing bright colours like red and 'heavenly blue'...

I'd like to know. I have chronic pain I'm basically stuck with for the rest of my life. =/

Vicodin might help. Though long-term, it might trash your liver. Pot could be an alternative, much safer and all.

Back