Michael's death was the most highly-visited story in its history

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10273325-...l?tag=mncol;txt

Google has confirmed that the surge of Michael Jackson-related searches on Google News Thursday was first interpreted as an attack on its service.

Google News was inaccessible for some people Thursday afternoon right as rumors of Jackson's death began to circulate, replaced by an error message reading "We're sorry, but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now."

Of course, those queries were quite legitimate, as millions around the world searched for accurate information regarding Jackson following reports that he had suffered cardiac arrest. The spike in queries began at about 2:45 p.m. PDT Thursday, and Google thought the traffic was an attack for about 25 minutes before realizing what was going on.

Google also noted that it saw a huge spike in mobile searches. Yahoo's data backed up Google's; it set a record for unique visitors in a single day with 16.4 million visitors, and its lead story on Jackson's death was the most highly-visited story in its history

-------------------

News sites swamped following Michael Jackson's death

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10273325-...l?tag=mncol;txt

This is very hard to belive, I have to say i to myself to understand that michael jackson is just a memory.

We will never get excited over seeing new MJ pictures/songs/albums/concerts nothing again.
Oh gosh, he didnt want to die! He was going to perform :( This is unreal. really unreal. Someone turn back the time.

Gone Too Soon really have another meaning now.

These statistics proves to all non believers that Michael is the biggest music star of all time the KING Of MUSIC! How much evidence do they need? I despise CNN and other websites posting polls asking ‘if he is the King of pop’, why do they need someone to tell them that when you have all those facts in front of you! There are so many facts just pick one and case closed. There will be no one who can be compared to him ever again nobody can repeat his success.

it doesn't really matter for me
I wish he was still here and we could find only few stories about him on google

Back