Michael will be in "we are the world

From what u guys are saying..glad i didnt watch it..

I didn't even hear Janet.....I mean really. It was dreadful but it's for Haiti so it's for a good cause. But still, thought it was dreadul with all the rap parts and ect. The original version was such a masterpiece.

I was optimistic but I thought it was a mess. Wyclef screaming during the majority ruined the song for me. I couldn't even hear Janet. Errrrr

You can already download the song and video off iTunes.
a3clcw.png

29cktqv.png

She looked so beautiful...and Michael....but still the clip was so short and underwhelming....

I can't hear Janet.

LOL, so it wasn't that her vocals weren't in sync. We just couldn't hear her. I need to watch that part again. It all went by so fast.

Why on earth did they edit it down? I'm perplexed. Very disappointing. But yeah, it's for a good cause. Maybe the full video WITH THE BRIDGE included is on itunes.

i don't have nbc. just like we are the world, the original, i need to hear a song, before i make a decision on it..but, then again..i heard some of it..

but not the part with Michael...

i guess they held that back on purpose..

so...i need to hear what they did with MJ...

youtube, hopefully, first..

::comes back to thread::

I wish they would've synched Janet with MJ better. Janet just looked like she was doing some commentary and MJ was just in the background. Maybe a profile of Janet along with the profile of MJ would've been better.

::leaves thread again::

Don't attack me ya'll but I think having MJ's visual in the video was a bit...strange. I think they should have kept just his voice in. The way they cut straight to the EXCAT fotage from the original was kinda random and Janet's split screen appearnce didn't help. Idk, maybe it wasn't the whole video...

And don't get me started on the others...the whole thing was just a mess. I felt it as soon as I saw (and heard) JB's opening...wowzers!

They Messed that Shit up..If MJ was here..it would've been done much better!

It's embarassing. If MJ was here they would have done a totally new song for Haiti and not rehash this one which is for the Famine in Africa.

I wonder if Quincy was smoking something...? He's a legendary producer and has a great ear for music. How in god's name did he hear this epic mess and think it was okay to release for charity? And Lionel?

LOL, so it wasn't that her vocals weren't in sync. We just couldn't hear her. I need to watch that part again. It all went by so fast.

Why on earth did they edit it down? I'm perplexed. Very disappointing. But yeah, it's for a good cause. Maybe the full video WITH THE BRIDGE included is on itunes.

It was out of sync and they should have raised her vocals up a bit. Plus they sound so much alike

I thought Lionel Richie said there was some "interesting choreography" with Michael & Janet's part. What did he mean? It was just a split screen.

NBC said that they will air the "full version" tomorrow.

Let's hope it raises money for the Haitian people regardless of what a mess the song is.

Don't attack me ya'll but I think having MJ's visual in the video was a bit...strange. I think they should have kept just his voice in. The way they cut straight to the EXCAT fotage from the original was kinda random and Janet's split screen appearnce didn't help. Idk, maybe it wasn't the whole video...

His vocals are in. What more do you want?

Back