Michael Wasn't Featured on Grammy Memoriam Last Night?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Michael was featured in the SAG Memoriam a week ago but was not featured in the Grammy's Memoriam? Why is that? Les Paul had a tribute to him and was featured so why not Michael? BTW AEG are co-partners with the Grammy Museum and John Branca is on the Board of the Grammy Museum.
[youtube]aiU00Z-xi74[/youtube]

Last edited:
Re: Michael Wan't Featured on Grammy Memoriam Last Night?

I noticed this too and wondered what was up with that. I thought it was pretty strange. :mello: I mean, yes he got a special performance just for him, but you'd think the memorium list would include everyone, right?

i was wondering the same thing and thinking that they prob cut it wrong. When you see the clip it doesn't end right to me, i don't know...

me too.. i was looking and kept thinking it would be at the end of the memoriam but MJ wasn't there.
i thought it was bizarre.

EDIT: was the memoriam just for the 1st month of 2010? surely not? I don't know.

i noticed it too and re-winded the segment to make sure i didnt see wrong, that is weird i mean he was even honored in the SAGS so is weird he wasnt at the grammys, I guess they felt the performance was enough? It doesnt matter tho hes honored every minute of every day here :)

I remember reading in the news that they were going to use the Earth Song tribute instead of the regular memorial. I see it as everyone in the world knew MJ passed and how do you just show a little blip of him at the end? He would have overshadowed everyone on that list. I think the way they did it was tasteful. It would have been nice to see these lifetime achievement awards and others when he was here though.

I must have barely missed that segment swtiching back and forth to the Pro Bowl. I was wondering if they even did one since I didn't think I lingered over on the other channel that long.....oh well.....that is weird Michael wasn't featured.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the whole Tribute to Michael WAS the Memoriam.....

Most of us think that he is better than all the rest and should be set apart so that is what they did....

I think it would have been a little redundant to have a tribute to Michael in the wake of his death and then have him mentioned in the memoriam later.

Back