Michael wanted the Bad album to have 30 tracks on it?

analogue

Proud Member
Is it true that Michael wanted the Bad album to have 30 tracks on it but then someone convinced him just to stick with the 11 tracks we got on the album now?

Now that would have been amazing. a whole 30 track album by Michael Jackson and 28 of those tracks would have been written by MJ on his own

i heard about it and I think it would have been something else. the man has enough material to drop double and triple discs but he doesn't. aside from History. MJ has that kind of vault.

Actually Bad has 10 tracks. At the time CD's just came out and LPs and cassettes were still the main sellers. Leave Me Alone was put on the CD to get people to start buying the CD format and the CD players. They were advertised at the time as being indistructable (Ha, Ha!). There were several albums at the time that did this practice of putting extra songs on the CD that weren't on the other formats, as CDs could hold more material. As far as the 30 songs are concerned, I know that there was about this amount recorded, but I never heard that MJ wanted to use them all. There were over 30 tracks recorded for Victory as well.

According to Quincy on 1 of the interviews on the Bad Special Edition, Michael had recorded over 30 songs. He tends to do that with every project he does. When it came time to pick songs, Michael was told he had to cut it down because at the time, you can't put that many songs on a vinyl record.

Back