Michael - The Great Album Debate

Black Widow - Morphine
Breaking News - Tabloid Junkie... What do the others match to? I have barely listened to them, I'm not even sure what they're names are!

Black Widow - Morphine
Breaking News - Tabloid Junkie... What do the others match to? I have barely listened to them, I'm not even sure what they're names are!

Monster: 2Bad
Keep Your Head Up: Keep The Faith
Soldier Boy: They Don't Care About Us
Stay: Butterflies
All I Need: You Are Not Alone
Ready 2 Win: On The Line (identical choir)
Burn 2Nite: Blood On The Dance Floor
Water: Heaven Can Wait (literally)
Alright: Stranger In Moscow
Fall In Love: the bastard offspring of all the above

Monster: 2Bad
Keep Your Head Up: Keep The Faith
Soldier Boy: They Don't Care About Us
Stay: Butterflies
All I Need: You Are Not Alone
Ready 2 Win: On The Line (identical choir)
Burn 2Nite: Blood On The Dance Floor
Water: Heaven Can Wait (literally)
Alright: Stranger In Moscow
Fall In Love: the bastard offspring of all the above

Interesting. I must try and listen to these god awful songs. I have heard 'Fall in Love' which was one of the best songs I've ever heard, such strong vocals.

compared with Jason

Breaking News - Don't Walk Away
Monster - Let Me Let Go and Room 2 Breathe
Keep Your Head Up - Critical, Room 2 Breathe and How I Do
Stay - Bigger Man
Soldier Boy - What Does It Take (almost same melody!)
All I Need - All That You Need Is In You

You have heard the full Black Widow, either of you guys?

I just want to hear I Am/Was The Loser. Give me that song!!!! :D :p

Ohh, I desperately want to hear I Am a Loser. It's sounds so beautiful!

But on-topic, I hate every Cascio track I've heard. All Right is the best of the bunch, but it still sucks.

All Right sounds like something performed in Munich 1997, the drums are all POW POW. Maybe it's cuz the leaked snippet was compressed like that.

Actually I like how those MJDHF leaks were compressed like that, Black Widow sounds so much cooler like that than the HQ one. Like in the compressed snippet "she's keepin' the count" sounds more like "she's kee-PUH the count" it's like someone opened a bottle of wine, a violent "pop!" sound because the drumbeat is so distorted and pounding.

I've heard some hq snippets but not the full song, so don't ask me for anything.

It sounds like everything was performed in Munich 97! The drum beats are pounding.

May i comment, that I dont want any more songs to leak...If The Loser leaks, then we will have less to look forward too, and the MJ Estate will have less real material to use....then if that happens....they may turn to a Cascio. Please no leaks.

actually it might be better for it to leak in its current state. Some fans will be disappointed if producers add more stuff for the final version, as we saw with Much Too Soon. Some fans were disappointed when they added the accordion to the final mix... I don't mind that but I think Lenny Kravitz ruined Another Day by replacing the original guitar and bassline with that guitar riff. It doesn't sound as epic with the strings playing in the chorus either.

actually it might be better for it to leak in its current state. Some fans will be disappointed if producers add more stuff for the final version, as we saw with Much Too Soon. Some fans were disappointed when they added the accordion to the final mix... I don't mind that but I think Lenny Kravitz ruined Another Day by replacing the original guitar and bassline with that guitar riff. It doesn't sound as epic with the strings playing in the chorus either.

Actually, the whole instrumental was re-created for the MICHAEL 2010 version.

Here is a list of the changes for the album from the original mixes.

Michael Album Changes
Hold My Hand - More prominent strings. Drum beat slightly altered. Additional vocals from Michael added. Original "Konvict Musik" intro replaced with "Akon and MJ". Full choir break-down added for final chorus.

Hollywood Tonight - Entire instrumental re-arranged. Samples of Michael's beat boxing pasted and looped under the Billie Jean-esque drum beat. Vocals processed in some manner. "She's only fifteen" line at the end of the second verse replaced with "She's headed for the big time, that means."

Keep Your Head Up - Humming removed from introduction. Drum beat heavily altered. Hand claps from ending choir toned down. Sampled Earth Song ad-libs removed.

(I Like) The Way You Love Me - Entire instrumental re-arranged. Lead vocals repeated toward the end of the song with the help of pitch-correcting software Melodyne.

Monster - Tempo heavily increased. Entire instrumental partially re-arranged. Samples from the 1997 short film Michael Jackson's Ghosts removed. Rap interlude by 50 Cent added.

Best of Joy - Blank section of the song, where a third verse was to be recorded, edited out.

Breaking News - Tempo slightly increased. Drum beat slightly altered.

(I Can't Make It) Another Day - Chorus instrumental heavily re-arranged.

Behind the Mask - Entire instrumental re-arranged. "Hee-eh hee hee" ad-libs in hooks taken from an unknown song. Live crowd noises sampled from Live in Bucharest DVD. Original instrumental was almost the exact same as the 1986 Greg Phillinganes version.

Much Too Soon - Accordion added.

Outtakes
Slave to the Rhythm - Entire instrumental re-arranged.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are - Electric guitar re-recorded.

Cascio Tracks
All I Need - Drums, children's choir, french horn and orchestral strings added. Piano re-recorded.

Stay - Entire instrumental re-arranged.

Burn Tonight - Entire instrumental slightly re-arranged.

@Dorian - yes I knew that but especially the chorus guitar riff was lame IMO

Have you heard the full demos/premixes?

Good thing you pointed out some things, that the "real" MJ tracks were also re-arranged and also cut-and-paste.

Demo of Stay also has audience noise which is quite silly to me.

Album Breaking News and premiere Breaking News seem to have some differences too. Background vocals are stronger in premiere version and nearly drown out the main vocal "they say" during the bridge.

It almost sounds like "all the news today (they say) we're crazy" like "letting backgrounds sing that part".

Last edited:
Behind the Mask - Entire instrumental re-arranged. "Hee-eh hee hee" ad-libs in hooks taken from an unknown song.
Dang, I faintly remembered reading that somewhere before, whenever I hear that song I always wonder about that and if it was originally in the song or not, but lately I kind of forgot about it or wasn't sure if it was true or not, the vocal really sounds like it was meant to be there, in my opinion. I guess I can hear it without it, but it's really hard. :lol: Crazy... I want to hear what it's from!

Originally Posted by AlwaysThere Behind the Mask - Entire instrumental re-arranged. "Hee-eh hee hee" ad-libs in hooks taken from an unknown song.

We don't know this for sure, do we?

I haven't heard any proof

Hollywood is my Favorite MJ Track.
I had no idea, Best of Joy was missing a verse

As for the cascio sessions.....blah

Here is a list of the changes for the album from the original mixes.

Michael Album Changes
Hold My Hand - More prominent strings. Drum beat slightly altered. Additional vocals from Michael added. Original "Konvict Musik" intro replaced with "Akon and MJ". Full choir break-down added for final chorus.

Hollywood Tonight - Entire instrumental re-arranged. Samples of Michael's beat boxing pasted and looped under the Billie Jean-esque drum beat. Vocals processed in some manner. "She's only fifteen" line at the end of the second verse replaced with "She's headed for the big time, that means."

Keep Your Head Up - Humming removed from introduction. Drum beat heavily altered. Hand claps from ending choir toned down. Sampled Earth Song ad-libs removed.

(I Like) The Way You Love Me - Entire instrumental re-arranged. Lead vocals repeated toward the end of the song with the help of pitch-correcting software Melodyne.

Monster - Tempo heavily increased. Entire instrumental partially re-arranged. Samples from the 1997 short film Michael Jackson's Ghosts removed. Rap interlude by 50 Cent added.

Best of Joy - Blank section of the song, where a third verse was to be recorded, edited out.

Breaking News - Tempo slightly increased. Drum beat slightly altered.

(I Can't Make It) Another Day - Chorus instrumental heavily re-arranged.

Behind the Mask - Entire instrumental re-arranged. "Hee-eh hee hee" ad-libs in hooks taken from an unknown song. Live crowd noises sampled from Live in Bucharest DVD. Original instrumental was almost the exact same as the 1986 Greg Phillinganes version.

Much Too Soon - Accordion added.

Outtakes
Slave to the Rhythm - Entire instrumental re-arranged.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are - Electric guitar re-recorded.

Cascio Tracks
All I Need - Drums, children's choir, french horn and orchestral strings added. Piano re-recorded.

Stay - Entire instrumental re-arranged.

Burn Tonight - Entire instrumental slightly re-arranged.

The shout from Ghosts is still in the album version of Monster. It's just very low down in the mix. Breaking News also had more changes. The instrumental is completely different to the Cascio submitted version. You've covered most of everything else. All the pasted adlibs, words, breaths etc were already there when Sony got them. The other six songs only have one version as they weren't given to any producers.

Hollywood is my Favorite MJ Track.
I had no idea, Best of Joy was missing a verse

As for the cascio sessions.....blah
HT is your fav. MJ track?

Huh, anyway, AlwaysThere, got a source for BOJ missing a verse? It seems logical yes, but still.

remember the handwritten lyrics there's some missing lines:

"I am the one who chased the clouds away, I'll be love forever and a day"

and also "Wasn't it I who said that you are free? It used to be us now it's we"

Instead we just hear "I am the one who said that you are free, when living seemed so hard to be" again on the second verse.

AND A LITTLE GIFT FOR YOU ALL:

https://www.box.com/s/588b96d0f3e5b5d0f027

the lame background vocals are by me lolz

Last edited:
HT is your fav. MJ track?

Huh, anyway, AlwaysThere, got a source for BOJ missing a verse? It seems logical yes, but still.

I had met a friend through a friend who was a mixing supervisor for the MICHAEL album. He's very informative with this kind of stuff (he's vividly described DYKWYCA and STTR before the snippets leaked) and he said that the extra verse from Michael ("I'll be here forever and a day, nothing can hurt you...") was due to be recorded. I'll ask him for a more in-depth description.

I had met a friend through a friend who was a mixing supervisor for the MICHAEL album. He's very informative with this kind of stuff (he's vividly described DYKWYCA and STTR before the snippets leaked) and he said that the extra verse from Michael ("I'll be here forever and a day, nothing can hurt you...") was due to be recorded. I'll ask him for a more in-depth description.

Can you ask about his opinion on the Cascio songs and the production of these?

Interesting, more information on the songs as well as the Fiasco songs would be appriciated.

eh, not really some of his other recordings sound better.

The Love Is My Doom reminds me a lot of All Right, lol

Back