Michael SuperBowl Performance voted #4 as the best performance ever

These votings are hard because many of them who were back around are not here anymore... At least they are hard with Michael. So I wouldn't bother that much...

it's interesting that they say he is number 4, while saying he is the biggest ever, and that he started the whole trend. ok..so, i guess they're saying 4 is the new 1. hidden in that maze is the reason why we never have to worry about MJ fans keeping the legacy alive, and on top. we always will.

My top 5 Super Bowl halftime shows are:

1. MJ's
2. U2
3. Bon Jovi
4. Aerosmith (before Britney and NStink ruined it)
5. Tom Petty

This years with The Who no doubt will be in my top 5. Can't wait

MJ at #4?

And yet, his halftime performance at Superbowl XXVII draws the largest viewing audience in the history of American television.

Is it just me but are there full of well-hidden sarcastic innuendos in that comment? :angry:

Or maybe it's just me being paranoid?

MJ's performance was the damn best performance ever at the Superbowl!

#4? More bullshit of the media trying to rewrite history. FACT: Michael created the super-star half-time show and drew the largest TV audience in HIStory, and ratings were higher for his performance than the game.

Is it just me but are there full of well-hidden sarcastic innuendos in that comment? :angry:

Or maybe it's just me being paranoid?

Not sure about innuendos but definitely some condensation:

"And just in case viewers missed his message of harmony, MJ concluded with "Heal the World," while surrounded by 3,500 youngsters, as a blow-up globe deployed on the 50 yard line."

That comment implies Michael went overkill on peaceful songs, and by extension, that only one such song should be performed. WTF. What kind of hate-monger dislikes songs about harmony!? God forbid slovenly pig football fans stop from stuffing their god-damn faces for two minutes to think about donating something to some poor starving kid in Africa.

The quote also implies Michael went over-the-top w/ the amount of kids and by using a globe? . . . No other artist received grief for using a prop -- 'deployed at the 50 yrd line' -- where the hell else on a football field would a performer use a stage/prop than the middle of the damn field?! Yeah, and Bono's use of the 9/11 victims names wasn't melodramatic according to the writer. So, one prop is good, the other receives condemnation. SEEMS LIKE A DOUBLE STANDARD.

Last edited:
it's interesting that they say he is number 4, while saying he is the biggest ever, and that he started the whole trend. ok..so, i guess they're saying 4 is the new 1. hidden in that maze is the reason why we never have to worry about MJ fans keeping the legacy alive, and on top. we always will.
biggest doesn't mean the best. Everyone knows Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, yet there are plenty of MJ fans that will tell you it's not his best album.

Indeed. I reckon the lip syncing cost him some points.

biggest doesn't mean the best. Everyone knows Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time, yet there are plenty of MJ fans that will tell you it's not his best album.

Agreed. IMO Dangerous is his best....but this isn't a topic about what album is the best. :)

Number 1 should be MJ. Since sensible people did not vote for this, I have nothing to worry about.

I am not into football or the superbowl but didn't Michael's performance kind of set the standard for performances?

Janet's performance was really good until Timberfake exposed her breast, lololol.

Personally I don't think his halftime performance was really that great. It was the same routines we already saw a million times only chopped down to size and all of it was lyp synched.

It was like what's the point?

Yeah, tt was so obvious MJ was lip syncing during the SB. When he spoke before doing Heal The World, his voice was so deep. THen when he started singing his voice sounded nothing like it did 5 seconds prior.

Agreed. IMO Dangerous is his best....but this isn't a topic about what album is the best. :)

Off The Wall is MJ's best and the album most current artist are inspired by. Vocals and melody win out in the long run over beats. Dangerous had hip beats produced by Teddy Riley but the vocals and melodies are not close to Off The Wall. Especially on the dance tracks. Off he wall dance tracks be having 85 year old Grandmas out there seat.

Off The Wall is MJ's best and the album most current artist are inspired by. Vocals and melody win out in the long run over beats. Dangerous had hip beats produced by Teddy Riley but the vocals and melodies are not close to Off The Wall. Especially on the dance tracks. Off he wall dance tracks be having 85 year old Grandmas out there seat.

Off the Wall is a MASTERPIECE..I love it so much!!

Back