Michael sold 3.2 million pre-orders already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
People keep posting this all over Youtube -

MJ sold 3.2 million this album in pre-orders.
MJ made history once again.
(recorded on? Sony`s website)

Is this true? I can't find any solid proof for this anywhere, but it keeps popping up on YT. Link anyone?

501555-michael_jackson_cover_617_409.jpg

Artists in this Article

/artist/michael-jackson/4902?tag=lrailart
p56468uzmwp.jpg

Michael Jackson

"Michael," the Michael Jackson album comprised of original material recorded by the King of Pop before his death, will be released Dec. 14 on Epic Records in conjunction with his estate, it was announced today (Nov. 4).

The first full track from the album, entitled "Breaking News," will premiere Monday on michaeljackson.com and stream for one week. The song was originally recorded in 2007 in New Jersey and completed after the singer's death last year, according to the announcement.

A teaser for "Michael" will launch on the site tomorrow; the album will also become available for pre-order online within the next 24 hours.

The album cover for "Michael" (pictured above), which was painted by Kadir Nelson, depicts the singer in several of his most iconic looks, from "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" to "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal."

Issuing "Michael" on Dec. 14 insures that the album is available for what is traditionally the biggest sales week of the year, the one leading up to Christmas. Last year's "This Is It"scanned 373,000 units in its debut week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album's sales total stands at 1.6 million units.

So far this year, Jackson has scanned 1.5 million units
. In 2009, the year he died, Jackson albums scanned 8.3 million units in the U.S.

"Michael" is the second major Michael Jackson project to be announced this week. On Wednesday, 2011-2012 tour dates for Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour, a Cirque du Soleil production based on Jackson's music and career, were unveiled. The show begins its North American run next Oct. 2 in Montreal and plays 14 mostly Canadian cities in 2011, with 13 more dates announced for 2012. Additional cities and multi-night engagements are expected to be announced.

"It's really just a celebration of the man and his legend and his immortality," director Jamie King said of the production. We get to go inside Michael's head...inside this place of beauty and serenity and peace and learn all the secrets that are Michael -- his loves, things that he believed in -- and take this fantastic journey together. It really is based off of things we all really know of Michael."

http://www.billboard.com/news/micha...ckson-s-new-album-out-dec-14-1004125471.story

Last edited:
Oh my, 3 million or 1 million... that is still alot though! :D Dang~

You all aren't reading the article correctly. 1.5 million is the number of total albums Michael has sold so far this year in the US.

I assure you all that there is NO WAY this has sold 3.2 million copies in pre-orders. There is no way to track pre-orders made through Sony Digital, and the positions of Michael on online retail sites do not support this number.

Sorry to burst ur bubbles but that article only says in the 11 months that have passed this year that MJ has sold 1.5 million albums overall.

It's from BEFORE the album could even BE preordered.

It will not sell 3.2 million in the first month, let alone on pre-orders.

This info is whack. May as well close the thread as it's misleading.

the media has always been biased concerning Michael. and, concerning sony.
and there have been people talking about cosidering cancelling their pre orders. so we won't know the final tally, until later. maybe never, because of media bias.

and, again, i say...buying this album isn't the only way to preserve MJ's legacy. i keep wanting to say that, whether or not it's been addressed in any particular thread, because i keep seeing people say that his legacy is easy to destroy, by simply not buying this album.
as if MJ hasn't proven his legacy is impossible to destroy, no matter what, because fans have been surprised, at every turn, by adversities they never thought would happen. in the end, MJ's name still stood.

after all this time, and all those past examples of adversity, i don't see why some people think the media and general public are more powerful, than MJ's legacy.

it does not mention "michael" being at 1.5mill, thats how many albums hes sold this year alone, not how many pre-orders that have been counted

It says "So far this year, Jackson has scanned 1.5 million units", that doesn't just mean the 'Michael' album that means already released MJ.

You guys since the info about the preorders is in correct; and, so as not to confuse the fans, I am going to close this thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back