Michael On Oprah in 2001

MpMj1011

Proud Member
So I'm reading some really old news archive from 2001 and I've read that Michael was called on Oprah during Quincy's visit. Here's the transcript:

MJ: What was it like working with Quincy?

Oprah: Yeah.

MJ: He's very professional, very talented, and he's a musical visionary. He's been around ahh, as you know, haha, a very long time. [Quincy gives a funny look. Audience and Oprah laugh.]

Quincy: Michael?

MJ: Yes?

Quincy: This is Quincy. Can I call you by the name we used to talk to each other by?

MJ: Yes, if you want. [giggles]

Quincy: Uh huh. Okay Sm..

MJ: I'm scared. [audience laughs]

Quincy: Smelly..[to Oprah] What did he say?

Oprah: He said "I'm scared." [more laughter] Now where did..?

Quincy: That's very affectionate because Michael does not use profanity..ever. Right, right Smelly?

MJ: N..no no.

Quincy: And so when it got good, we say "That stunk," and he said "Don't say that, it's smelly jelly," you know? [audience laughs] It's smelly jelly, so from then..

Oprah: You don't even use funky?

Quincy: Michael doesn't say that word.

Oprah: No, no. Doesn't say any kind of bad words at all?

Quincy: I've heard a couple, yeah.

MJ: From who?

Quincy: Haha.. from you!

MJ: Not me, is it?

Quincy: Oh no, no. Just smelly jelly.

Oprah: No, so that's why you started calling him Smelly. What have you learned from Q that you take with you for the rest of your life, Michael?

MJ: I learned a lot. You once said something to me, Quincy. I don't know if you want it repeated but it was just.. just beautiful. You said um..You don't write music. You let the write.. the music write itself. Let it create itself. It's like we're just the source from which it comes.

Oprah: Yeah. I've heard him say he always leaves room for God to walk in the room.

MJ: There you go.

Quincy: The divinity is most important.

Oprah: Well, thank you Michael for joining us. Thanks for taking the time to call up and say "Hey Q!"

MJ: haha

Quincy: I love you, Smelly.

MJ: I love you more, Quincy.

Quincy: Your show was great in New York.

MJ: Thank you.

and here's the video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGbZh7lcysQ

How come I just heard about this now?! Did anyone else know?

To be honest this is like my first time seeing this. Haha "i'm scared" I wonder what happened to make Q so bitter and resentful

To be honest this is like my first time seeing this. Haha "i'm scared" I wonder what happened to make Q so bitter and resentful
The only thing I know is that he's been telling lies about Michael's skin disorder for years, this is what I was told. Honestly, I don't know whether he already said those things in 2001, but as far as I've understood the Vitiligo thing has been going on for years, maybe even since the 1990s (but I'm not sure about it, I might be wrong.)

I mean, for years he's been denying that Michael had Vitiligo telling the same media's lie... He has to be ashamed of it!!

Back