Michael liked Lady Gaga and other things from Travis Payne

bubbyduck4MJ

Proud Member
I just read this article and thought it was interesting, I didn't know some of the things that Travis said that Michael said. The article also talks about the TII release in Australia and some things Jackie Jackson said because he will be there. Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the board, it sort of covers a few different spots but the main reason I wanted to post was because of the things about the tour and Michael's words to Travis.

--------------------

00:02 AEST Tue Mar 2 2010 - (Australian)

Delta Goodrem and Guy Sebastian will perform their first duet of Michael Jackson's Earth Song in a tribute to the King of Pop attended by his brother Jackie Jackson.

In a special event to launch the DVD of Michael Jackson's This Is It, Goodrem and Sebastian will join director Kenny Ortega, co-director and choreographer Travis Payne and the Michael Jackson principal dancers for a concert tribute in Sydney on Tuesday night.

"We just got asked to be a part of it and it's more than an honour," said Goodrem, who returned to Australia from Los Angeles on the weekend.

"I was like, I'm flying back, I'll be there in a second.

"Hopefully we'll do (the song) justice in some way."

It is the first time Goodrem and Sebastian have performed together after years of friendship - but there are no plans to record their version of Earth Song together.

"I said to him last year it would be great to have a moment doing a duet together, and then this came up.

"But I think this is a one-off event and very special."

Listening will be Jackie Jackson, one of the original Jackson Five and Michael's older brother.

He will also accept a special award on behalf of This Is It.

Jackie said he made the trip to Australia for the event to support everyone involved in the project.

"It's kind of exciting for me to have this event, because it means a lot that This Is It, the movie, did wonderful here," he said.

"I had to come out (to Australia) because I'm very much part of it, it's my family, and I'm supporting the family and Michael's kids."

The DVD of This Is It features previously unseen footage from the documentary concert film and insights into Jackson's creative process.

This Is It choreographer Payne went on to work with Lady Gaga on her Monster's Ball tour after Jackson's death, and revealed that the new pop sensation was originally going to be a part of the show.

"It was Michael who actually turned me on to Lady Gaga," he said.

"We were doing the short-list for This Is It for people he would like to invite - obviously the brothers, obviously Janet, obviously Ms Ross, Ms Knight and Mariah, and we talked about Whitney.

"I said, is there anybody else you would like to add to the list? And he said Lady Gaga. I said really? He said, oh yeah, she's amazing. You've got to get into her."

Payne said Lady Gaga was moved when he told her the story, and everything they did for her tour was in the spirit of Michael Jackson.

"He was the one who really opened my eyes to her artistry, because he noticed it long before she had this explosion that she's had now," he said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1018929/goodrem-sebastian-to-sing-jackson-duet

I don't believe this stuff at all. I think Travis is using MJ's name to promote his other collaborations.

MJ said repeatedly that he didn't listen to pop music because it 'became work all over again'.

Michael was the kind of person who would tell people what they wanted to hear
Travis also said Michael didn't have a a clue about the internet lol WRONG

damn. i would have loved to of seen mj and gaga!

Michael is supposed to have been quite a technically minded person. I'm pretty sure he very knowledgeable about how to use the internet. Travis said Michael had no idea how much footage of his tours were on YouTube. If Michael had no idea, I guess that's because he had no interest in looking for footage of himself he already had in film/video/dvd in much better quality in his vault.

I don't believe this stuff at all. I think Travis is using MJ's name to promote his other collaborations.

MJ said repeatedly that he didn't listen to pop music because it 'became work all over again'.

That might be true. But I can see Michael appreciating Lady Gaga's performances. Regardless of what you think of her music, she is performer and an entertainer and has pushed the envelope as far as female pop stars go. I think he would have really liked that about her. In the old days even though he may not have agreed with everything Madonna did, he liked the fact that she was a performer and pushed the envelope.

Michael was the kind of person who would tell people what they wanted to hear
yeah... thats a lie ...

this guy needs to stop promoting Lady Gaga, for real... its so obvious

a-ha, exactly...this is not cool

old news can mod merge this with that old thread?
MJ's the kind of person who say nice things to every person! lol
he's a fan of justin timberlake, usher, chris brown, britney spears and high school musical, he's also a fan of eminem. lol
Btw, I really hate this Travis payne guy going around like he's some spokesperson for MJ. That's so annoying! MJ's not here and he definitely can say whatever he wants whatever he feel can help his career. annoying!

i personally love and believe travis payne. U just have to watch an interview with him or kenny to see how much they loved michael. I don't believe travis is as shallow as to use michael's passing to promote himself or gaga. thats just low and he wouldn't stoop to such levels.
just my opinion :)

Michael is supposed to have been quite a technically minded person. I'm pretty sure he very knowledgeable about how to use the internet. Travis said Michael had no idea how much footage of his tours were on YouTube. If Michael had no idea, I guess that's because he had no interest in looking for footage of himself he already had in film/video/dvd in much better quality in his vault.

For all y'all who think Michael didn't know how to and/or didn't regularly use the internet, all I can do is laugh; from personal knowledge (seriously, what is the deal with this...it's the friggin' internet). He used to order from eBay alllll time time. It was nuts how much cr*ap he purchased. He may have even bought something from YOU, however, he wasn't looking for and never purchased any MJ items...wasn't what he was interested in.

Again, it's the internet peeps. Michael wasn't stupid or ignorant. He knew very well how to use technology. He had literally like 20 computers in the house and they weren't all for the kids, trust me. :yes::D:yes:

I don't trust anything from these guys from now on...anything that they say about MJ could be a big lie...look at this way they've been making money off of MJ's name for the past 8 months.. literally giving us the same comments over and over again!

I don't trust anything from these guys from now on...anything that they say about MJ could be a big lie...look at this way they've been making money off of MJ's name for the past 8 months.. literally giving us the same comments over and over again!

exactly, it upsets me when everyone suddenly has so many stories to tell on Michael, even if they are not negative you know they can just make up whatever they want

Travis Payne,Jackie Jackson and Kenny Ortega were all on Australian daytime TV yesterday but I only caught the very end.

They were plugging This is It, does anyone know what else they said?

btw i trust Jackie, at least its not Jermaine for once.

Travis Payne,Jackie Jackson and Kenny Ortega were all on Australian daytime TV yesterday but I only caught the very end.

They were plugging This is It, does anyone know what else they said?

btw i trust Jackie, at least its not Jermaine for once.

There are some videos linked in the TII section. :)

exactly, it upsets me when everyone suddenly has so many stories to tell on Michael, even if they are not negative you know they can just make up whatever they want

I think they are just sharing with the fans and I'm glad for it.

Back