Michael Jackson's unheard musical legacy

K.O.S.

Proud Member
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1908803,00.html

A friend of Michael Jackson (Omer Bhatti) once told a Norwegian newspaper, Michael Jackson has recorded enough music to release albums for the next 40 years.

Here is another article about the same thing.

I knew this before his death, I know it now. Michael Jackson will not only be remembered for what we saw and heard, but he will be remembered for all that we never experienced also.

There is no other legacy like this, anywhere.

I wish all the fans who feel their lives are over and meaningless without Michael will embrace this and let it lift your spirits.

Listen, he is not really gone. You lived to see his life, stay alive to feel him again and be a part of his dream, his message. You still have years of joy left, years of experiencing life through his music. Will You Be There?

Michael Jackson's death is not a reason to end your lives, it is a reason to live.

Thank you for being his fans. One of the things that brought me to tears was finally not just seeing but feeling just how much the world love Michael Jackson.

Forget the haters. They are outnumbered now, forever. They will vanish in history, the fans will live forever.

Last edited:
What I dont like is. Michael didnt put these on his old albums, he wouldnt want them on an album now?

What I dont like is. Michael didnt put these on his old albums, he wouldnt want them on an album now?

The reason they were not on the albums is because they did not make the cut. It had nothing to do with how good the songs were. Michael and Quincy Jones had to select the songs that fit best together as an album. Some songs, even though they could be just as good as the one's that did make the cut did not fit with the album as an entire piece.

Quincy often spoke of this, and he taught Michael how to put together the perfect album.

But Michael recorded 50-100 songs for each album.

And he worked for years on the new album wich is yet to be heard.

And now TV channels all over the world are airing MJ's concerts. Just count all the concerts he has ever done and imagine just how many hours of tour footage we have never seen:)

A lot is coming our way!

The reason they were not on the albums is because they did not make the cut. It had nothing to do with how good the songs were. Michael and Quincy Jones had to select the songs that fit best together as an album. Some songs, even though they could be just as good as the one's that did make the cut did not fit with the album as an entire piece.

Quincy often spoke of this, and he taught Michael how to put together the perfect album.

But Michael recorded 50-100 songs for each album.

And he worked for years on the new album wich is yet to be heard.

And now TV channels all over the world are airing MJ's concerts. Just count all the concerts he has ever done and imagine just how many hours of tour footage we have never seen:)

A lot is coming our way!

I just do not think Michael would like the idea of throwing a load of songs together that didnt make the cut on previous albums to make new albums. Something just tells me he wouldnt like that.

i still think there are hidden gems in his vault,like he might have recorded them and thought at the time say 91 tht the tune he wrote wasnt right to put on a album.

we just have to wait to see what comes up. im sure we will all be suprised in the future what comes out of the vault.

Oh my!! Beautiful words, gave me that thing in my back u know? (sorry, I'm brazilian. cant remember the right word)

"
One of the things that brought me to tears was finally not just seeing but feeling just how much the world love Michael Jackson." Very true!! Wasnt that beautiful? :boohoo: :)

"
Forget the haters. They are outnumbered now, forever. They will vanish in history, the fans will live forever."
Aww!! :angel:

i still think there are hidden gems in his vault,like he might have recorded them and thought at the time say 91 tht the tune he wrote wasnt right to put on a album.

we just have to wait to see what comes up. im sure we will all be suprised in the future what comes out of the vault.

Oh im sure its all good........

I prefer Cheater and Fly Away to Just Good Friends and Speed Demon. I am just doubting if its what Michael would have wanted.

I think the stuff he did recently in the past few years should be brought out as a proper album.

Maybe the other songs could be released especially as a unreleased songs album every year or so. That seems better to me.

But who am I to judge.

Dude...then don't listen to it!! Majority of fans think this is genius!! Bring on the new music!!:punk:

No........you really dont understand what im saying. I hate when people do things like that.

Dude, then dont listen to it. Youve certainly accomplished something great today.

Of course I want to hear new music. I am just not sure that Michael would have wanted it to go this way. Album after album released using recycled music from previous albums? I want to hear the music, but not neccasarily in that format. If you get me.....

Clearly michaeljacksonmyhero was too hyped up to even properly consider what I was trying to say.

No........you really dont understand what im saying. I hate when people do things like that.

Dude, then dont listen to it. Youve certainly accomplished something great today.

Of course I want to hear new music. I am just not sure that Michael would have wanted it to go this way. Album after album released using recycled music from previous albums? I want to hear the music, but not neccasarily in that format. If you get me.....

Clearly michaeljacksonmyhero was too hyped up to even properly consider what I was trying to say.

I think I totally get you. You want any future releases to be something Michael would be proud of, and not an exploitation of any work he has done

Last edited:
I think I totally get you. You want any future releases to me something Michael would be proud of, and not an exploitation of any work he has done

Exactly. Thank you for understanding!

all very good but how long until we actually hear any of it ?

Okay Okay.
:chichi:Don't get smart. "I hate when people do that":smilerolleyes:

Yes, that was so smart of me. 'I hate when people do that'. It took me ages to reply just because I was thinking of something clever to say and came up with that.....

:S

Anyway, forget it. That was just my opinion.

Scared of the Moon is one of my fave tunes from MJ, so it would be interesting to hear what other creative works he had.

Dont stop til you get enough and Wanna Be Startin Something were both written around the same time. WBSS "did not make the cut" on Off the Wall bc the 2 songs were too similar. So there could be many other songs that did not make other albums because they were too similar to other songs that did make it.

Scared of the Moon is one of my fave tunes from MJ, so it would be interesting to hear what other creative works he had.

Mine to, and I also love We've had enough & If you don't love me :) I'm sure there are a lot of great unreleased quality songs, and it would be a shame if they do not get released at some point...

I rather have him alive releasing the albums and songs in it the way he wanted. He was such a perfectionist, so I dont know if he would really let anybody relase his songs. I hope that the album he was working on was almost complete.

And im also sorry about the last rehearsal, we all want too se it, and I hope MJ dont get angry for us to watch it. It feels like now there is no control. AH why did he have to die.

Not necessarily. That happened before, and they released Bad and Dangerous again with some previously unreleased songs on them. They just have soooo many songs to go through, and sometimes the producer and Michael didn't even agree on which ones to put on the CD (listen to the takes of Quincy Jones talking about this on the Bad Special Edition CD). They might love 40 songs, but they have to narrow it down to only 10-15. We don't know what all he may have planned for those other songs either. Maybe he wanted to do a boxset of unreleased material.
Anyway, that was a good post and also does give us hope.

For All Time was not originally recorded. All of us had heard it and loved it, and then he finally put it on a CD.
Some of my very favorites of his were previously unreleased, so I can't wait. I always seem to love everything by him, so I know I'm in for a special treat.

Yeah, I understand and I feel the same! I don't want to have songs he previously didn't deem good enough to be released! I don't want songs other people finished up for him! I don't want songs where we don't know whether Michael was really finished and pleased with them or wether it was still work in progress and he wanted to change some things!

i think the songs would be put together tastefully, if there are so many, there's a lot to choose from :)

but yeah to all those who are finding it tough, just remember, you gotta carry on to hear the unheard :) that always helps me x

Back