Michael Jackson's U.K. Single Sales hit 4 Million - UK Tribute to Michael ! June 25th, 2014

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
michael_jackson_xscape_a_s.jpg

The Blog Article:

Michael Jackson U.K. Single Sales Hit 4 Million for Five Years Since His Death
By Georg Szalai.. June 25th, 2014​

LONDON &#8211; In a tribute to Michael Jackson, who died five years ago Wednesday, British music sales tracking firm the Official Charts Company on Wednesday disclosed sales information for "the King of Pop" since his death.

Britain's Official Charts Company says more than 3.8 million albums have sold over the period, with "Man in the Mirror" the most downloaded song.

"His British fans have downloaded nearly four million copies of his singles since that fateful week in 2009," the firm said. "His legacy lives on through his music."

More than 3.8 million copies of Jackson's albums have been purchased in the U.K. in the last five years, according to the Official Charts Company. That includes sales of two posthumous albums released by his estate &#8212; 2010's Michael, and Xscape, which became the singer's 10th U.K. No. 1 album last month &#8212; and his previous studio releases, compilations, sound tracks and live albums.

Jackson's most downloaded track of the last five years in Britain is "Man in the Mirror," the Official Charts Company said.

The 1988 single from his Bad album has been downloaded 413,000 times in Britain since Jackson's death. Nearly all single sales in the U.K. are in digital form these days.

"Thriller" comes in second with more than 244,000 digital downloads, and "Billie Jean" is third with 224,000 downloads.
They are followed by "Smooth Criminal" (189,000 downloads) and "Beat It" (171,000).

The top 10 are rounded out by "Hold My Hand" featuring Akon, "Love Never Felt So Good" featuring Justin Timberlake, "Dirty Diana," "The Way You Make Me Feel" and "Black or White."

Email: Georg.Szalai@THR.com
Twitter: @georgszalai

Last edited:
That's cool considering Man In The Mirror didn't do all that well in UK in its original release.

Back