Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume For The “This Is It” Tour

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
0021-450x674.png

This Is It was a planned series of fifty concerts by Michael Jackson to be held at The O2 arena in London. They were scheduled to begin in July 2009 and continue through March 2010. Less than three weeks before the first concert date, and with all concerts sold out, Jackson died after suffering cardiac arrest. During CES 2010, Sony had a special glass booth that showed off Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume (designed by Zaldy) for the “This Is It” Tour. It also had a shirt worn by Michael Jackson in rehearsals, courtesy of the Michael Jackson Estate.
Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume For The “This Is It” Tour | Sony Insider

[YOUTUBE]MN2lJUlycng[/YOUTUBE]

0031-700x498.png

0012.png

Last edited:
This is at the exhibition. Its amazing when you see this first hand, its what Michael was going to wear but never got the chance to. Seeing all the TII costumes is so emotional but I'm so glad I have seen them.

Re: Michael Jackson’s Thriller Costume For The “This Is It” Tour

:cry:

Awesome!!! he would have KILLED in that! man i miss him!

Yepp, the same goin' on with me...
These clothes look awesome and right after I've seen these pics I suddenly started missin' him very bad, too! :(

Yeah the shoes are the only new thing there but I love them though.

Thanks for posting. I feel sad seeing this, but at the same time I am glad because I live in New York and have not seen the exhibition.

on facebook michael bush said that Mj would never wear these any newly designed shoes while dancing. He said that Mj always wore the same shoes - the shoes that he had breaked in and got used to. He said even in TII reherhals you can see that he wears the same old shoe.

Oh my gosh, so cool! So amazing to look at, and yet so sad at the same time. I so wish he'd been able to do at least one show!! He would have just blown the whole world away!!!

Could someone *please* show some of the costumes and/or tell wich ones would be used in wich performances? I'm curious about some costumes (like, in wich performances would MJ use 'em).

There is a thread about the O2 Exhibition that has pictures of more of the costumes and mentions the songs they would be used for. Here's the link: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79553&highlight=Exhibition

on facebook michael bush said that Mj would never wear these any newly designed shoes while dancing. He said that Mj always wore the same shoes - the shoes that he had breaked in and got used to. He said even in TII reherhals you can see that he wears the same old shoe.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Perhaps Zaldy (being the first time he worked with Michael) didn't know this and designed a full outfit (shoes too).

Last edited:
Back