Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT (song) submitted to Grammy's for nominations

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
http://toyaz-world.net/2010/10/michael-jackson%E2%80%99s-submissions-for-the-2011-grammy-nominations-now-released%E2%80%A6/

Michael Jackson’s submissions for the 2011 Grammy Nominations now released…

Michael Jackson’s submissions for the 2011 Grammy Nominations have been delivered. How many did his family/team submit? Read on…
Michael’s submissions include three categories and three submissions for the ‘This Is It’ soundtrack, a recording that was released after his tragic passing last year. Nominations will be announced during the 3rd Annual Grammy Nominations Concert Live on Wednesday, December 1st. Which ones do you think he’ll be nominated for?

Record of The Year: This Is It
Song of The Year: This Is It
Best Male Pop Vocal Performance: This Is It

(if I’m missing any, please let me know!)

Last edited:
What about Spike Lee's video? That is the only thing I would have submitted.

There really weren't any huge pop hits from male artists from 09-10, but the chances of "This Is It" being nominated are slim in my opinion.

I dont even want it to be nominated
I dont want to see paul '' michael stole the tape'' anka benefit more from the song.

wouldnt be surprised if it ended up winning. thats how fake these award shows are

I think the only this is it nomination should be Spike Lee's video. and I think it could really win. as for the song I am not so sure.

If Taylor Swift's Fearless can win Album of the Year last year, why can't This Is It win Best Vocal?

While This Is It is far from Michael's best effort, his vocal is far better than most of the song released in 2010.

Michael doesn't need another Grammy. He had won something more significant and important - the hearts of millions in the world!

I doubt it will get nominated, especially in the main categories (Record and Song of the year), but if they do decide to give him a nom it will probably be the Best Male Pop Vocal Performance category.

It'll be good if he gets nominated in any of those categories, I really like the song. *fingers crossed*

I hope "This is it" doesn't get nominated. It will be kind of a joke if it does and I don't want people to laugh at MJ. But I really hope that they are creating an album that will be worthy of a grammy.

I don't think it will get nominated. It was a song that garnered relativily little airplay and wasn't released as a single.

If Grammy want lose all credibility by nominating a demo then good luck to them!

Oh well... The Grammy awarded album of the year to Taylor Swift last year. So, I don't know what kind of credibility they still have.

The Grammy has always been a political game. Sometimes they award to the deserving people, sometimes not.

That's why I don't care if Michael gets another Grammy or not. He won every award possible, plus he won a place in HIStory.

Well, if it gets in and we have to vote I will. I like the song, although it is not one of his best to me.

I don't think it will get nominated. It was a song that garnered relativily little airplay and wasn't released as a single.

None of that is a pre requisite.

When Herbie Hancock won best album in 2008 (beating Kanye West's Graduation)...you think he had a lot of airplay? Or sold more than Kanye?

The Grammys rule are different...as long as the song is on an album available for sale by the cutoff date...it is eligible.

Grammy Awards are for audio not video.

SMDH. Not true. Scream won a Grammy.

Current categories for Music videos:

Best Short Form Music Video
Best Long Form Music Video

Music video categories were added in 1984.

Originally Posted by michaelsson
they lost ALL credibilty in 1988

Exactly. And Beyonce has more awards than Michael Jackson...so what credibility?

Last edited:
Back