Michael Jackson's This Is It Collectors Edition Drops

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
http://www.vibe.com/mt/2009/12/michael-jacksons-this-is-it-collectors-edition-drops/

Michael Jackson stans can now get their hands on the version of This Is It that includes all the bonus footage.
VIBE-Michael_Jackson_This_Is_It_Collector_Edition.png

QVC is offering an exclusive collector's edition of the concert film beginning today on its website. The online shopping site is also throwing in customized MJ postcards with purchases.

In it's opening night, the film raked in a reported $2.2 million. The documentary is based around Jackson's final London tour, which never came to fruition because of the legend's death at the age of 50. The film used over 100 hours of Jackson's rehearsal footage.

The collector's edition of This Is It can be purchased here.

Michael Jackson This Is It DVD w/4 Collectors Postcards

* QVC Price: $31.00
* Introductory Price:
* $27.84
* Shipping & Handling: $3.97

Featuring more than an hour of footage not shown in theaters, this DVD takes you inside the rehearsals for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" tour. Culled from more than 120 hours of film, this documentary includes a Motown medley and songs from his multi-platinum albums, including Off the Wall, Thriller, and Bad. A moving tribute to this musical icon, it hints at the final tour that might have been.

* Includes Michael Jackson: This Is It DVD and four collector's postcards
* Made in USA

2ahcsc5.jpg
ddgd2v.jpg

21kfcig.jpg

On the description on the QVC site, it says "Advance orders ship 1/28/10."

The cover did not look good at all. Hope it's a early version.

I still don't get this. This one features all the cards. What about the Blu-Ray version The Blu-Ray MUST be the best one?

I won't preorder anything untill I know whats best.

Hm, when I first read the description, I thought the QVC would have additional footage, but it looks like the collectability is in the postcards, and the 'bonus' footage is the same as anywhere else. Wow, at about 16 US dollars more than Amazon, for four postcards I think I'll pass on this one.

The Blu-ray is the best one!! Especially the European One but Blu-rays are region protect remmeber that

Actualy there are three regions for Bluray discs: A, B and C. So you must check this before you order from a foreign country. From Wikipedia:
* Region A includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.
* Region B includes most European, African and southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
* Region C contains the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as China and Russia.

So for exemple when you order from a Australian site you probably can play the disc also in Europe. However there are also regio-free Bluray-discs, but I don't know if this will be the case for This is it.

To get back on topic, this edition doesn't look official to me. It doesn't even has any rate, approx runningtime, copyright symbol and regiocoding on the back or on the disc.

'This Is It' money

this is kind of off topic but I was wondering where does the money grossed from the film, go?? Does it go to one of MJ's donations/charities? or goes to Sony??

Why does this DVD cover look soo bootleg lol???!!

Shamone QVC you gotta do better than dat...

Re: 'This Is It' money

this is kind of off topic but I was wondering where does the money grossed from the film, go?? Does it go to one of MJ's donations/charities? or goes to Sony??

the estate. prob sony/aeg. we dont know the details of the deal all we know is at first sony paid around $60 for the right to the film 90/10% to the estate

Back