Michael Jackson's surgical mask fetching over $20,000

Bubs

Proud Member
A bidding war has started for Michael’s mask.
A black surgical mask that Michael Jackson allegedly wore the night before he died in 2009 has hit auction - and the bids have already reached $20,000.
TMZ report according to the auction house - Nate D. Sanders Auctions - Michael wore the mask while rehearsing for his "This Is It" concert tour on June 24th, 2009 the singer's last ever rehearsal.
The mask is reportedly made of silk fabric, personally designed by the King of Pop - contains visible traces of MJ's stage make-up along with a strand of his black hair.
One of MJ's former bodyguards was in hold of the mask, and swears by its authenticity.
The star wore surgical masks outdoors as a form of disguise.
The auction ends April 30th - and bidding has already reached $21,190.
But the auction house estimates the mask will sell for $50,000-$150,000.

http://www.musicrooms.net/celebrity/48106-michael-jackson-s-surgical-mask-fetching-over-20-000.html
-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to that auction house and details

http://natedsanders.com/LotDetail.a...lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=Michael-Jackson

Last edited:
Eric Muhammad is the seller. The same man who was trying to sell Michael's chest x-rays.
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-trying-sell-michael-jacksons-chest-x-rays-3k

I dont think Michael wore that mask at TII rehearsals. Why would he ? He only wore them out in public. There is no eveidence in TII footage or pic that he ever wore a mask rehearing. He may have wore it to and from in the car. But he certainly didnt rehearse with it on as TMZ are implying.
The aution house isnt stating that either.

My only question is about how Eric Mohammed gained access to the mask in the first place. He is no longer in posesion becuase he already sold it and now its being re-sold. In the link above It wasnt Eric Mohammed trying to sell the Chest xrays in that article you posted he was stated as trying to sell the same mask at that time. Someone else was trying to sell the xrays .

I have no probelem with memorabilai auctions MJ himself participated in them.
but in this case I quetion why Mohammed had it in the first place.

Why can't these retards leave Michael's personal stuff alone? They're money-suckers!

I dont think Michael wore that mask at TII rehearsals. Why would he ? He only wore them out in public. There is no eveidence in TII footage or pic that he ever wore a mask rehearing. He may have wore it to and from in the car. But he certainly didnt rehearse with it on as TMZ are implying.
The aution house isnt stating that either.

My only question is about how Eric Mohammed gained access to the mask in the first place. He is no longer in posesion becuase he already sold it and now its being re-sold. In the link above It wasnt Eric Mohammed trying to sell the Chest xrays in that article you posted he was stated as trying to sell the same mask at that time. Someone else was trying to sell the xrays .

I have no probelem with memorabilai auctions MJ himself participated in them.
but in this case I quetion why Mohammed had it in the first place.

I removed the Radaronline link.
NOTW had a post about this so called bodyguard and how they exposed him.
See here, how he explains how he end up with one of MJ's mask :ermm:
http://thedailyfix.com/blog/2009/11...ught-trying-to-sell-his-face-mask-for-150000/

I clearly remember this story about the bodyguard finding Michael's mask in the back of the car..at the time he said that Michael took it off before he went inside the staples center and put it back on when he came out...the dude made me sick then and he makes me sick now..here we are going on 3 years since Michael's death and people like this snake are still trying to cash in on his death...just disgusting.

The Radar article mentioned he tried to sell this in November 2009, what is this guy's deal?

I think that it is in bad taste for someone to sell this. They have no regard for Michael at all. They are only thinking of all those dollars that they will get. Would be great if no one bought it. Just to let them see that people dont appreciate these things.

I was going to say the same thing--that I can't remember seeing Michael with masks during the rehearsals. I even bought all the different versions of TII with the different special features and did not see any masks worn indoors. It seems to me that after Michael died some people not only took the money in the house, but some items as well. Right now we have family members, friends and former staff selling items they stole from Michael in the first place. Remember in his book that he claimed he had some jewelry but they were stolen. One wonders what else people stole from this man!!

PS: Oh I see that he later claimed he found it in the car, but it still was not his property to begin with. If you are working with someone and they dropped something in the car aren't you supposed to give it back to them?

What the...
why would anybody even want that? What does one do with that?

Money, money, money. They need to keep their greedy paws off of Michael's personal possessions.

If it was stolen - it belongs to MJ's children/Estate.

They can't steal his things and sell them. - why don't Branca og McClaim stop this madness!

What's more creepy is that a hair was found on it, so are they keeping this hair attached to this mask to keep it authentic?

When you want to sell something at auction, don't you have to prove proof of ownership? If that is the case, then how did the bodyguard show the mask belonged to him in the first place? Does anyone know about this?

This was the same bodyguard that earlier sold Michael's orange pants. He said that they were given to him by Michael.
Who can disagree with him if the owner is dead? Pretty sure he stole them, but says that pants were given to him and he found the mask from the car, just lying.
I find that despicable that employees and family went to his house for treasure hunt, and he wasn't even cold yet when his stuff found its way to action house. Absolutely discusting what greed does to people:cry:

Last edited:
^^True, that is why I always wonder how many more things people stole from that man and from his home.

Back