MICHAEL JACKSON's positions on BILLBOARD Hot 100 55th Anniversary

mkgenie

Proud Member
7a076bb2jw1e79ek1w534j20c81wwguf.jpg

[URL]http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/5557800/hot-100-55th-anniversary-by-the-numbers-top-100-artists-most-no
[/URL]

It would have been so nice to commemorate his 55th anniversary with something positive, that would have reminded people about the real Michael. Like a reissue of "Dancing the Dream," for example. Especially against this embarrassing trial, sigh... A fan can dream.

^ I agree. With the trial going on the current image of him is blurred by all the stuff about drug use or whatever. I feel like people seem to forget about the humanitarian Michael was and that book is a perfect reminder. I really wish Dancing the Dream was more known about because it shows who he actually was, behind all the media circus. Ah, well... It doesn't look like there will be anything done to celebrate it. Sad.

also on this statistic its proven how manipulative the charts are today. when u see that there is rihanna, lil wayne, glee, usher, jay z,... all these b-stars in the list. and there is much more coming.

the most important that matters is how much you sell. and there michael jackson is 'Number One'

also on this statistic its proven how manipulative the charts are today. when u see that there is rihanna, lil wayne, glee, usher, jay z,... all these b-stars in the list. and there is much more coming.

the most important that matters is how much you sell. and there michael jackson is 'Number One'

True, but there are intangibles too, like his impact on the industry and even the world. No artist touches MJ in those regards. There wasn't a corner in the world that wasn't aware of this artistry. In that regard, MJ would fill all five spots on any list. I know this goes off topic of the Billboard list, but as you indicate all lists somehow marginalized MJ, even when it came to facts and figures, and I just threw in the intangible, because well...it makes me smile knowing how special my man was, no matter how the Billboards, Rollingstones, etc. etc. lists tried to discount him.

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys but what the hell Madonna did for music to be 2nd...

Vocal !?
Composing!??
Lyrics!?
Dancing!??
Videos!?!?

best selling album(s)!??!

Listen any 2 of Madonna songs and check vocals - what is the difference!?

And listen any 2 songs of Michael - forexample Billie Jean - Remember The Time

You can see that Michael sings different. He changes his voice, his style for every songs.

He also can sing soft or agressive. He created his own music, song, dance, fashion....

F.k you billboard...

Diana Ross 25 - Rihanna 15

what a stupid list...

They can't except (still) a black man is over the top... Where is James Brown... (saw him at 68...)

Last edited:
Billboard actually named the artists of the decades between 1950 and 2000 and guess whose their artists of the 80s? No, not Michael but Madonna...

They base it on some artificial scoring system they created just for the Hot 100 charts (so only singles, no albums considered!) Whatever their system is in the case of the 80s it definitely lead to the wrong result. Factually speaking, just look at those album sales (numbers are only for the US, since we are talking about Billboard) - even though Michael released only two albums in the 80s as opposed to Madonna's four he still outsold her BY FAR:

Madonna albums

Madonna 5 million
Like a Virgin 10 million
True Blue 7 million
Like a Prayer 5 million
----------------
Total 27 million

MJ Albums

Thriller 29 million
Bad 9 million
----------------
Total 38 million

Both Madonna and MJ had 7 Nr 1 singles in the 80s - well, Michael actually 8 if you also count his duet with Paul McCartney. And let's not forget he co-wrote (with Lionel Richie) We Are The World which was also Nr 1. Well, there's probably a way to make Madonna Nr 1, but it sure is a non-realistic result. Madonna was huge in the 80s but Michael was so much more huger!

Yes, Madonna has relesed three times more albums and therefore a lot more singles than MJ, so naturally her number of weeks and number of singles on the HOT 100 would be higher. Same goes for Mariah, Beatles, Elvis...... All these artists have probably over 20 albums released in comparison to MJ only 7 (8 if we count "Michael").

Still the fact that with only 7-8 albums he is still manages to be in the top 10 as one the best selling and bigger artists, speaks volumes.

Everything that has to do with sales positions and stuff like this a is a pure joke.

... and lets not forget the 2009 year! If Billboard had changed its rules bofore 2009, MJ would have totally dominated the charts, the top 10 in the single and album charts, as well as the HOT100=records sales, downloads, streams, ringtones..., he would have blasted anybody in front of him...., but hey... after his death the guys from Billboard changed their rules, and now... all the newly deceased stars can top the charts.... as well as one day Madonna, Paul McCartney, Prince and co. ... and all the B-stars...

Ok

this is Madonna's channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/madonna/about

and Michael's

http://www.youtube.com/user/michaeljacksonVEVO/about

If there was a youtube from 80's... I can't imagine video views :)

I did read the story. MTV blocked Michael right, but when they start to show Thriller video, people calls them and "please again..." every 15 minutes they showed Thriller (any artist like this)

I remember Black Or White video, I was a kid... Released at the same time at whole world and I did watch.. I don't remember any madonna song like that.

Billboard guys playing each other, but reality is different than they showed us...

the-26th-grammy-awards-michael-jackson-7199096-1200-798.jpg

Last edited:
^ That's interesting about the YouTube views. Especially considering that Madonna is still active.

DJ_OXyGeNe_8 Thank you so much for showing the channels ^^. It made my day to see Michael's so much higher.

Back