Michael Jackson's Moonwalker game

MJ_Jordan

Proud Member
Today i was clearing out my loft & came across my old sega mega drive, i didn't really think much of it until i found "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" I instantly set it up & played. Its just as good as i remembered lol.

Did anyone else play this game?

I played it on my computer a few times but kept losing at a level that had lots of zombies so I gave up! :lol: I also have it as a Sega videogame but never played it, I only bid on ebay for it because I wanted to have it! LOL

I played it on my computer a few times but kept losing at a level that had lots of zombies so I gave up! :lol: I also have it as a Sega videogame but never played it, I only bid on ebay for it because I wanted to have it! LOL

I hate those zombies!!! I only manged to beat the game once, and whenever I try to do it again I git stuck in the zombie part...

I used to love that game!!! You can download it for your Mac or PC using emulators and roms. BRILLIANT!

I just love it when you make Michael spin and eventually all the baddies around him are hypnotised and begin dancing with him! :)

Lol! It was a great game for it's time...Remember though, there was an Arcade version and the home console version for Sega Master System and Mega Drive. Obviously, the Arcade version is waaaaaaaaaay better, but the other's are still fun!:yes:

I remember swapping a game with my brothers friend for it when I was really young! :lol: I loved it! I never got very far on it though, can't even really remember it now.

There's the 80s home PC version, the Sega MS/Genesis version, and the Arcade version, each entirely different from the next. They are all classics in their own right, especially thanks to the synthesized MJ tunes included.

MJ's been featured in a slew of video games since the 1980s, both officially and unofficially. I wanted to do an extensive write-up of the games he has been featured in but I never had the time, there are many that I'm sure people never heard of and some concepts that never got released. He was even one of the characters you could select in an "adult" arcade game from back in the day :eek:.

Only other games I can think of off the top of my head are Ready 2 Rumble and Space Channel 5. Unless of course your counting music of course, where all the Sonic and GTAs etc drop in.

Today i was clearing out my loft & came across my old sega mega drive, i didn't really think much of it until i found "Michael Jackson's Moonwalker" I instantly set it up & played. Its just as good as i remembered lol.

Did anyone else play this game?
I havent.not even seen it:no:, I wish they`ll make more Michael Jackson games.in much better quality, why anyone hasnt think about making another game of MJ?, that would be awesome, like an RPG:punk:

I still have the game for the Sega Genesis.

I have that game on my laptop

I play it sometimes

I still have the genesis cartridge too, it was actually the first videogame I ever got:D
It's one of those games I tend to pull up a little now and then (emulated nowdays)just to pass some time. Can't help but singin to the chiptune tracks..

I want the game on xbox Live!!!!:)

Have it for my Megadrive and love it!

I have it for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum computer. It's one of few games for that computer that I eventually completed, and once I did I used to play it sometimes before school. It only took 20 minutes from beginning to end lol Bit different to today's games - and people complain about games being too short now, even when they take about "15 hours" to complete, which doesn't include starting sections again and, of course, going to work and things lol

Also, I'm sure there was a Thriller game for the Spectrum, and I'm sure I had it . . .

I have it for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum computer. It's one of few games for that computer that I eventually completed, and once I did I used to play it sometimes before school. It only took 20 minutes from beginning to end lol Bit different to today's games - and people complain about games being too short now, even when they take about "15 hours" to complete, which doesn't include starting sections again and, of course, going to work and things lol

Also, I'm sure there was a Thriller game for the Spectrum, and I'm sure I had it . . .
I never knew about that computer*lol*:D

I have had the game on C64 too:cheeky:

This game got me into Michael Jackson, I loved the music, the mega drive and the game was a gift from my cousin, and when I heard the music I decided I needed to get his CD's. Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean were my favourites and still are today! I used to just turn on the game and not play it, I would go into the Options menu where you could just listen to the music!

Beaten it several times, will admit the boss fight in the second Woods Zombie level were the two zombies split into parts is very very difficult!

So considering how much I love MJ and his music, and the impact it had on my life, this was the single most important game I've ever played. My friend I and still think it beat's The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, and that's saying something :p

I never knew about that computer*lol*:D

I have had the game on C64 too:cheeky:

I don't know how popular the Spectrum was outside the UK. Maybe not on sale at all.

Everyone mentions a zombie level, but I don't think there was on the Spectrum version. The levels were true to scenes in the film, with collecting the rabbit outfit at the movie studios, the motorbike and car chases, Club 30s and the end in the arena as robot MJ, shooting all the bad guys. I think that was about it for the levels in the Spectrum version.

I want the game on xbox Live!!!!:)

Have it for my Megadrive and love it!
It would be so awesome to release this game on Xbox live arcade. I don't think it would happen however due to the liscensing fees Sega would have to pay to release the game. The sales of the game would not be enough to justify a release.

I think it would be awesome to have a Michael Jackson game for the Nintendo Wii. Just imagine a game where you could do (or try to do) Michael's dance moves

Back