Michael Jackson's London shows set for Tube trouble

Em_Mj

Proud Member
Closures mean fans may struggle to get to star's comeback shows

Some of Michael Jackson's forthcoming dates at the London O2 Arena are set to be affected by a closed London Underground tube line.

Improvement works mean that fans who were planning to travel on shows on July 18, 24 and 26 and August 1 and 30, will have to rethink their travel arrangements.

Station closures on the Jubilee Line mean that North Greenwich, the stop nearest to the venue, will be shut on the above dates in order for the line to be upgraded. See Transport for London for more details.

Michael Jackson's residency starts on July 13, after the original start date for the residency was put back from July 8.

Some ticket-holders have set up a petition to try and persuade promoters to reinstate the original schedule, as some of the July dates were put back until March 2010

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/45013

I was planning on using the tube on the 26th...

I got a concert next week there - this time the tube workers are on strike - but its not a major issue, there are alternative ways, the o2 run buses from major stations, there is the river boat which runs every 20mins or the o2 express river boat that takes 30mins from Waterloo Pier that runs every 30mins from like 5pm to 8.00/8.30 depending on the concert start time.

As long as you allow enough time to get to the venue there are plenty of ways to get there.

thank you :D
wasn't worrying too much
just in case it might of affected anyone
but doesn't seem like a problem :D
good.

It will be very strange seeing Michael in London with little or no tube involved! :eek: .....No, I can't imagine it! :p

But like mp09 says, there will be replacement buses and plenty of transport around, so don't worry. :)

same 26th woop woop
yeh i was gunna go by tube. its easy and i no the tube like the back of my hand.
but surely they wouldnt do it when the MJ concerts are running. wouldnt the do it like when hes finished like in october.
but your right there are other ways to get there just i wont no what in the world im doing lol.
the tube is sooo easy lol

Thank God I didn't need it for those dates. If worse comes to worse, I'll get a taxi.

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago and booked a parking space at the O2 on 18th July over the phone. I was surprised that they weren't all sold out as there are so few spaces there!
This actually works better for me than getting the tube because I'm not that far away (maybe 1.5 hours), it removes the risk of missing the last train home from Waterloo if the concert runs late or alternative transport is slow, and it's cheaper too (4 of us will share the cost of the car).

Last edited:
huh so what can I do then?
the tube is the easiest way
o.o I'm scared now. I'll have to tell my dad, I'm only young :lol:
but i hope this isn't a problem :(

huh so what can I do then?
the tube is the easiest way
o.o I'm scared now. I'll have to tell my dad, I'm only young :lol:
but i hope this isn't a problem :(

Don't worry too much.

Just use the alternative transport (bus/coach I expect) that the O2 will arrange and make sure that if the show looks as though it's going to over run that you leave promptly to make sure you're not at the back of the queue for the bus/coach. Find out from the O2 what the arrangements are going to be in advance so that you know exactly what is going to happen on the night - you may be able to find out from other people on this board who have the same problem on previous night(s).

I'm 90% sure the O2 operate a curfew and so the show should finish on time, but you never know. :angel:

Good luck.

thank you bobmoo79 :D
well as long as i get there to see Michael Jackson, i'm too bothered about the rest :D

they will be putting on buses. that will travel the route of the underground stations that are closed.

24th is a monday? tube wont be shut then

I'm kinda worried...I'm going on mostly weekend dates because of work and don't know London that well. :eek: I'm sure it'll all become clear. :unsure:

Hope everything will be set and ready for my arrival on August 1. Hope the O2 is prepared for the huge amount of people traveling to and from the area!

Thank God I didn't need it for those dates. If worse comes to worse, I'll get a taxi.

WOOOOO a taxi do you no how expensive a taxi is???

lol

*fingers crossed the tube will be fine and this is just a scare mungering taktic*

WOOOOO a taxi do you no how expensive a taxi is???

lol

*fingers crossed the tube will be fine and this is just a scare mungering taktic*
Yes, but I'm not going to be someone who puts a price limit on my dreams. I'm flying all the way to London, dang it... I don't care. I am spending thousands on this trip... I'm not worried about a taxi.

Back