Michael Jackson's London O2 Arena gigs to ease credit crunch?

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/44541
0934_122848_michaeljacksonratepaphot_01.jpg

Singer's London residency will bring in £1 billion
Michael Jackson is being touted as an unlikely saviour of the economic crisis thanks to his mammoth residency at London's O2 Arena.

The King Of Pop has sold out 50 dates at the venue, with the shows tipped to bring in £1 billion for the economy, according to second-hand ticket website Seatwave.com.

Joe Cohen, chief executive of Seatwave, told BBC 6Music how beneficial he thinks Jackson's gigs are likely to be.

"There's gonna be somewhere near on a billion pounds worth of economic activity brought to London through hotels, restaurants, shops, pubs, people coming to see Michael Jackson," he said.

He continued: "It's the Michael Jackson economic stimulus package that the tax payer isn't paying a penny for."

Cohen added that Seatwave has sold in excess of 10,000 second-hand tickets for Jackson's gigs, which kick off on July 8.

Thought another positive story would help us out to steer away from the negativity of the lawsuits.

How interesting. Didn't think of that. Great story, thanks for posting! :)

Even if some of the same people who dissed him in the past are basically kissing his ass cus he's doing this now but yeah only 2 months away!

GLORY!

I knew this would happen, as soon as that AEG guy said that they had received request from over 202 countries, when folks were signing up for their PRE-sale codes.

I'm sure that other major cities and countries are taking note of this. People will definitely be looking at how much money this brings in to the economy.

London is definitely going to make a hell of a lot of money as a result of the MJ concerts.

:) Just like when he saved the record industry!!!! lol

Yep, I can imagine the revenue he's gonna bring to London! It's amazing. :D

Oh I believe this 100%. Just wait until he's actually got this thing moving.

Once his concerts are going, there is going to be a ripple effect all over the world. People are not only going to be doing things in London. Those that are traveling from other parts of the world are going to be in their own countries preparing for their trips to London. There is going to be spending taking place in all parts of the world.
:yes:

1 billion pounds - thats a hell of a lot of money. :lol:

thanks (goes to paste article link to my facebook status) ;)

EDIT: omg I just realised there was not 1 negative word in that article, i must say i'm shocked, in a good way of course.

Not any ***** names or others bullshit. lol.. they even went that far and actually dropped the selfproclaimed "king of Pop" how dare they?? (sarcasm of course)

Last edited:
http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/44541
0934_122848_michaeljacksonratepaphot_01.jpg

Singer's London residency will bring in £1 billion
Michael Jackson is being touted as an unlikely saviour of the economic crisis thanks to his mammoth residency at London's O2 Arena.

The King Of Pop has sold out 50 dates at the venue, with the shows tipped to bring in £1 billion for the economy, according to second-hand ticket website Seatwave.com.

Joe Cohen, chief executive of Seatwave, told BBC 6Music how beneficial he thinks Jackson's gigs are likely to be.

"There's gonna be somewhere near on a billion pounds worth of economic activity brought to London through hotels, restaurants, shops, pubs, people coming to see Michael Jackson," he said.

He continued: "It's the Michael Jackson economic stimulus package that the tax payer isn't paying a penny for."

Cohen added that Seatwave has sold in excess of 10,000 second-hand tickets for Jackson's gigs, which kick off on July 8.

:agree:

Awesome news!!

well...

London already got $2000 from me lol...and more to come in a couple months.

Oh man I can't wait!! to see MIKE Jack

That's the first thing I thought of when he announced the gigs at the press conference.

Geez...we really can do with some help with the economy over here...thanks Mike!

I've been thinking about this too, there's nothing else in the world I would have spent the amount I have on these concerts at the moment! It's crazy! :D

Of course it will ease the credit crunch, well especially in London. The tourist levels will go straight up. People are making a vacation around the date they are going to see him and with so many attractions in London. BAM! A boost to the economy! :D

An obvious observation but a welcome one. It certainly is going to help the hotel trade, when I booked the International it was £57 for the night we are staying, a week later when I looked it was £285! Nothing like ripping people off to help the economy!

Awesome news!!

well...

London already got $2000 from me lol...and more to come in a couple months.

Oh man I can't wait!! to see MIKE Jack

My GOD, $2000??? The only things I`ll be buying are a pint to celebrate and Tour Programme lol!!

Back