Michael Jackson's Las Vegas Mansion On The Market For $19.5M

bluesky

Proud Member
note; somewhat related -this house bought by a MJ's fan

Curbed &#8207;@Curbed <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 52m</small>
#MichaelJackson's former rental, selling at $19M, has an MJ shrine in literally every room. http://curbed.com/archives/2014/08/04/michael-jackson-las-vegas-home-for-sale.php … pic.twitter.com/CfttDYGNv0

Michael Jackson's $19.5M Former Rental is Pretty Ghoulish

Monday, August 4, 2014, by Spencer Peterson

Following the news that Neverland Ranch will soon hit the market, a Las Vegas estate that Michael Jackson leased from 2006 to 2008 has beenrelisted for a laughable $19.5M. Owned by real estate mogul and philanthropist Aner Iglesias, the 12,000-square-foot Mediterranean Revival mansion known as Hacienda Palomino was where the King of Pop lived after returning to the U.S. from Bahrain. Some high-profile Jackson family drama went down there, including the time Randy Jackson crashed his car through the gates, and on the second anniversary of MJ's death, it was the site of a farcical and horrifying escapade wherein an "overzealous fan" with a warrant out for his arrest led an unauthorized tour through the home that ended with him in police custody and his pit bull shot in the paw.

As a 2011 article in the Las Vegas Sun described the scene, "the highlight, as it were, was a shrine to The King of Pop erected in the estate's wedding chapel. Across the way, videos of the late icon's career played on a big-screen TV. In the background, such classic songs as 'Blame It on the Boogie,' 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough' and 'Off the Wall' played on a ceaseless loop." Going off the current listing photos, it looks like the shrine has moved to the living room.

Built, according to the listing, in 1952 by "eccentric theater developer" Horst Schmidt, the seven-bedroom home is comprised of a main palazzo and a guest villa, plus a long list of wild-sounding features, including a "grand rotunda fountain," three "gourmet kitchens," a "grand ballroom," a bar-equipped "king's courtyard," a two-story "medieval chapel," a "grand conference room," and an "underground art gallery/lounge" accessible by tunnel, all looking a little worse for the wear. Taken on and off the market since 2010 for prices ranging from $4.8M to $12.8M, the mansion was last sold in 2004 for $3.5M, and is now asking over five-and-a-half times that much.

http://curbed.com/archives/2014/08/04/michael-jackson-las-vegas-home-for-sale.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved this out of the Neverland thread so as to not de-rail the conversation.

Wow this is beautiful and cheaper for what Neverland will be going for.

Isn't this the house that was discussed so much in the new bodyguard book? It was a nightmare, they said. Terrible plumbing, it would flood all the time after a rain, the car wouldn't fit in the garage, the electricity would go out at random times, etc. And they are wanting $19 million for this piece of crap? LOL!

The pictures attached make it look pretty good, but apparently that place is not OK. At least it wasn't back in 2007.

Yes, this is the house he lived in in Vegas. And the price tag, I can only assume, is because he lived there.

Yes, this is the house he lived in in Vegas. And the price tag, I can only assume, is because he lived there.

Yes, I'm sure you are right. Michael really felt no attachment at all for this place though, it seems. It had a lot wrong with it when he was staying there.

Maybe that why it is going for the price. Yes i remember reading about this house in the book.

Thanks you Sfosteredi you are right wrong house oops.

Last edited:
This is not the house MJ and his kids lived in in Las Vegas. The house MJ rented in Las Vegas was located at 2785 S. Monte Cristo Way, Las Vegas, NV. You can Google it and see it. It's on a corner lot which made security even more difficult for the BG.

That house was on the market for 3.1 million according to AOL.

This is not the house MJ and his kids lived in in Las Vegas. The house MJ rented in Las Vegas was located at 2785 S. Monte Cristo Way, Las Vegas, NV. You can Google it and see it. It's on a corner lot which made security even more difficult for the BG.

I apologize for giving the wrong information then if I have. I didn't see an address associated with this property and so I assumed it was the same place.

You are quite right sfosteredi, this is the house they moved to after Monte Cristo way. The bodyguard book was mostly based at Monte Cristo - which is on a corner in a pretty built up area. I was there with my friend Neechee not too long ago. You can see into the house from the street, namely into the main bedroom - just like the bodyguards described it. The house which is for sale is also known as the "Thriller Villa" (stupid name)you can google it under that. The owners rent it out for weddings and functions and promote it as MJ's last Vegas house.

You are quite right sfosteredi, this is the house they moved to after Monte Cristo way. The bodyguard book was mostly based at Monte Cristo - which is on a corner in a pretty built up area. I was there with my friend Neechee not too long ago. You can see into the house from the street, namely into the main bedroom - just like the bodyguards described it. The house which is for sale is also known as the "Thriller Villa" (stupid name)you can google it under that. The owners rent it out for weddings and functions and promote it as MJ's last Vegas house.

Thanks for this.

<hgroup class="prevent_widows prevent_widows_initialized" style="box-sizing: border-box;">Las Vegas Estate Rented By Michael Jackson On The Market

<cite class="entity_block type_inline_block" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 15px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; display: inline-block; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); position: relative; min-height: 16px; background: transparent;">Zillow , Contributor
</cite><iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/7175/fdc.forbes/article-new_2" name="google_ads_iframe_/7175/fdc.forbes/article-new_2" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" previouslyhidden="1" d30tagged="1" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue'; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 13px; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom; max-width: 100%; visibility: visible; background: transparent;"></iframe></hgroup>

Hacienda Palomino, a strange piece of history from Michael Jackson’s later years is up for sale.

Built by eccentric theatre developer Horst Schmidt in 1952, the massive 24,000-square-foot estatefeatures a main house, guest villa, 74-seat medieval chapel and underground tunnel, art gallery and lounge/bar. The home was built brick by brick in Mexico, shipped to Las Vegas and reassembled on the property.
The Hacienda Palomino features many unique details, from the musical-note theme found throughout the estate, secret places, as well as free-ranging horses.
Listing agent Eddy Martinez said the “King of Pop” rented the unique estatefrom 2007-2009 while rehearsing for his Las Vegas show, “The One.” Martinez said Jackson would exit the house through an underground tunnel to a waiting car to avoid paparazzi.

Michael-Jackson.jpg

The stunning grounds feature three fountains, the King’s Courtyard that can accommodate 300 guests, and the King’s Courtyard Bar. Inside, there is a grand ballroom, grand conference room, three gourmet kitchens, an elevator and two fireplaces.

<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/7175/fdc.forbes/article-new_3" name="google_ads_iframe_/7175/fdc.forbes/article-new_3" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" previouslyhidden="1" d30tagged="1" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: bottom; max-width: 100%; visibility: visible; background: transparent;"></iframe>

Jackson also housed his art collection in the nearly 8,000-square-foot secret underground art gallery, known as Michael Jackson’s “art vault.” The collection, valued at $600 million, disappeared at the time of the star’s death and its current location remains a mystery. However, a portrait of the star still remains above a fireplace in the estate. Jackson was the last tenant of the home.
The current owner of the property is an El Salvador diplomat who occasionally uses the home to host diplomatic ceremonies and events. The 1.7-acre estate at 2710 Palomino Ln is listed for $19.5 million.

&#8203;http://www.forbes.com/sites/zillow/2014/08/07/newly-married-cheryl-hines-selling-bel-air-home/

bluesky;4036150 said:
Listing agent Eddy Martinez said the &#8220;King of Pop&#8221; rented the while rehearsing for his Las Vegas show, &#8220;The One.&#8221; Martinez said Jackson would exit the house through an underground tunnel to a waiting car to avoid paparazzi.

This listing agent is off the wall:D

You got it. I remember trying to explain this to people years ago and I got railroaded for it. The one for sale is the old Jackson estate and Mike, as far as I know, didn't live there since he moved out and bought another house in Vegas in the very early 80's. I can't even remember what street that house is on right now, but it's off Charleston and I wanna say on Lindell. Just did a Google map street view look and I think it's been torn down. Anyway, the house on Monte Cristo was where he and the kids lived and if you don't believe me as his neighbors because when he left, the street was lined with hundreds of garbage bags full of toys and crap. I got on him about that.

You got it. I remember trying to explain this to people years ago and I got railroaded for it. The one for sale is the old Jackson estate and Mike, as far as I know, didn't live there since he moved out and bought another house in Vegas in the very early 80's. I can't even remember what street that house is on right now, but it's off Charleston and I wanna say on Lindell. Just did a Google map street view look and I think it's been torn down. Anyway, the house on Monte Cristo was where he and the kids lived and if you don't believe me as his neighbors because when he left, the street was lined with hundreds of garbage bags full of toys and crap. I got on him about that.

Were those bags full of MJ's stuff and did you do any "looting"?
What do you mean you got on him? Did you give out to him or what?

Back