Michael Jackson's hat fetches thousands at auction

canelovesmj

Proud Member
The hat worn by Michael Jackson when he sang 'Billie Jean' during the most-watched TV special ever has fetched £3,840 at auction.

The black fedora hat was among 17 items of the King of Pop's memorabilia donated by his friend, David Gest, to a British auctioneers.

article_9ddb97a8bedc7774_1384864103_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

The 60-year-old American TV producer gave the gifts to Fieldings auction house in Stourbridge, who sold them for a total of £30,000 on Saturday.

The collection included the hat worn for the 30th Anniversary concerts in New York in 2001 - the last major performance before Jackson's death - which was viewed by 450 million viewers worldwide.

Source Link added by Team MJJC
http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-11-19/michael-jacksons-hat-fetches-thousands-at-auction/

So special.. wish I could have it. I would really place on my table in my room and place it on my bed at night....:wub:

is that all it sold for!?! i was expecting millions..... :bugeyed

How does David Gest have this when it was thrown out into the audience at the end of the song at each show? I would say it is more likely the one from TWYMMF.

Last edited:
^ The only two times I can think of where he did not toss the hat to the audience is Motown 25, and the Superbowl... But, "Most watched TV special"??? Superbowl was the highest rated half time show??

There's probably something not correct here!! maybe it's just a hat of MJ that he signed, and they promoted it as such..

I've always dreamed of owning a signed fedora or a pair of shoes of his and put them in a glass case in my house.. Since I was a kid I've always wanted that!! When I was a teenager the ONLY reason I never tried buying one was because I told myself when I get a signature from Michael it would be in person.... :( Now that wont happen and now I have responsibilities with my money so, we will see.

^ The only two times I can think of where he did not toss the hat to the audience is Motown 25, and the Superbowl...

Actually during Victory Tour he didn't always toss it to the audience:

Watch the ending :)

I watched both dates from MSG concerts, and to me it looked like he didn't toss his fedora to audience but to side of the stage.

well when I said 2 times I could think of I was going along the lines that they said "TV special"..

I think MJ had hundreds of fedoras. He signed one for David Gest as a thank you. I wonder what DG did with the money???

Back