Michael Jackson's Film tops DVD chart

Rockin.

Proud Member
Michael Jackson film tops DVD chart

Tuesday, February 23 02:23 pm

Michael Jackson has scored another number one, as his concert-film This Is It tops the DVD chart. Skip related content
Related photos / videos

Michael Jackson film tops DVD chart Play video

More photos: Celebrity

Have your say: Michael Jackson

The movie was a huge success at the cinema, now fans are enjoying it in the comfort of their own home. It follows the singer as he prepared for his ill-fated London gigs.

It shifted 1.2million copies in its first week in the US, and is flying off shelves in the UK.

This Is It director and MJ's friend, Kenny Ortega, is glad of the reception: "I was just concerned that in the end it would serve the fans, that they would get from it what they needed to get from it"

If Jackson had been alive he would have been just finishing up his mamouth O2 residency. The late King of Pop was due to begin the 50 dates in July last year, just before he died on June 25.

MICHAEL JACKSON'S BACK AT THE TOP

ABOVE: Jackson mania hit the UK as This Is It shot straight to the top of the DVD charts

23rd February 2010

Your Shout ( 0 )

***** mania hit the UK yesterday as This Is It shot straight to the top of the DVD charts.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
The film shows rehearsals for Michael Jackson’s 50 London gigs, which had been planned for last summer.

He died weeks before his first date at the O2 Arena.

Rob Salter, of the Kensington branch of Tesco in London, said: “First-day sales have been extraordinary.”

The other day, I read in my newspaper that TII is the #2 in DVD sales after 'Zombieland', but he has the #1 and #2 spot under music video sales with Bucharest concert and Number Ones dvd respectively.

This is in the U.S., so Michael is still hanging in there a month after it was released here! Woo-hoo!

platz1.gif

http://www.top10-charts.com/dvd-charts.html

Well very understandable, everyone loves This IS It, the real Michael there.

People who have no clue about Michael's REAL character can see it there, i mean private reharsals nothing agreed, the real Michael IS there, and he was, well, nothing like what the tabloids said while he was alive....poor Michael...

i hate tabloids, they made people so confused..... some people have no idea how good the real Michael Jackson was and how much those tabloids twist EVRYTHING....some still dont, when it was about Michael, it was shameful.

I have been talking incessantly to a colleague about Michael and who he really was and how he was demonized and ridiculed by the media, and not just the tabloids either!, and he ( the colleague)wanted to see This Is It, and he was very impressed with his dancing and singing in This Is It, and with the way Michael reacted, very much in charge but still humble and friendly, for the LOVE. I think a lot of people who were curious about who Michael really was went to see the film and the film( and his untimely death) made him human again in the eyes of the public.

It's old

who has the latest data ?

how many copies of This Is It DVD have been sold now?

Back