Michael Jacksons Family Album Up For Auction

Moon__Walk

Proud Member
A NEVER-BEFORE seen photo album of Michael Jackson with his family as a young boy is going up for auction.

The snaps were part of a massive collection of personal items Jackson put into storage in the 1990s.

But they were confiscated and then sold on when Jackson could not afford a reported £60,000 release fee.

Many of the photos show a young Michael and his brothers in their band, The Jackson 5.

But while several clearly picture the superstar siblings, auctioneers W.H. Peacocks have admitted it has not been possible to identify everyone.

Spokesman John Lewis said: "It is intriguing to look at these photos and guess who is in them.

Snaps ... from collection
Snaps ... from collection
CATERS

"Obviously we all look different when we're younger so it's fun to guess who is who.

"I suppose the real people who'll know who all the people are in the album are the Jackson family themselves."

W.H. Peacocks expect the lot to fetch more than £3,000 when it is offered for sale in Bedford on March 10.

Lewis added: "We have kept the sale value low because so many people still have Michael Jackson memorabilia, but no one has anything like this.

"I deal with rock and pop memorabilia and items every day and you just don't see something as intimate as this coming up for auction — from Michael Jackson or anyone for that matter.

"It's a family album, just like any of us may have. There are little polaroids, small prints and just regular photographs, it's just that in these photos is a global megastar."
"We have already had a lot of interest from the US but we're expecting interest from all over the world."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4163036/Michael-Jacksons-family-album-up-for-auction.html

Bedford in the uk? sounds like vaccaro and the whole storage thing and of course trying to make it sound like mj was at fault and couldnt pay when it was the jacksons

Last edited:
wouldn't surprise me if this is Howard Mann.. Mike's parents lost the memorabilia in a lawsuit. I swear they were always getting mixed up in something

To sell a family album is just wrong... - It's the modst personal thing.

Anything, Anything
They'd do anything for money.

:(

Bedford in the uk? sounds like vaccaro and the whole storage thing and of course trying to make it sound like mj was at fault and couldnt pay when it was the jacksons

I know, Bedford! Seems rather random to me, I can't find anything on their website. You are spot on with the rest of your post.

H. Mann in action ?

I am wondering that too. Where did these come from and which Jackson could not pay the 60,000 pound fee. I wonder if Mann sent some of the Jacksons possessions to England to sell? It might be his way to circumvent any legal issues in the US and collect some money on the side. The only people who should be interested in this is the Jackson involved and their children and grandchildren.

wouldn't surprise me if this is Howard Mann.. Mike's parents lost the memorabilia in a lawsuit. I swear they were always getting mixed up in something
Yep, sounds like it "could" be Howard Mann in action. He laid out a lot of money "trying" to secure the use of Melissa Johnson's MJ related trademarks and since that didn't quite pan out for him (LOL), I'm gonna "guess" that he has moved on to another one of his money making schemes.

I have to say that this whole thing is a huge eye-opener for me. I mean, back in the day, I do recall Joe Jackson and "some" of the sons talking about opening up a theme typed eatery, which would showcase some of the various costumes they wore on stage. That was during the time when those types of themed joints were very, very popular. We had a bunch of them right here in New York City. They were great tourist attractions. So shoot I figured that the Jackson would have been a shoo-in with their themed venture. Little did I know, at the time, that they were just not good when it came to business and this is definitely MORE proof of that.

Man, I would have a FIT if somebody had possession of my personal belongs and I had no control!

Yep, sounds like it "could" be Howard Mann in action. He laid out a lot of money "trying" to secure the use of Melissa Johnson's MJ related trademarks and since that didn't quite pan out for him (LOL), I'm gonna "guess" that he has moved on to another one of his money making schemes.

I have to say that this whole thing is a huge eye-opener for me. I mean, back in the day, I do recall Joe Jackson and "some" of the sons talking about opening up a theme typed eatery, which would showcase some of the various costumes they wore on stage. That was during the time when those types of themed joints were very, very popular. We had a bunch of them right here in New York City. They were great tourist attractions. So shoot I figured that the Jackson would have been a shoo-in with their themed venture. Little did I know, at the time, that they were just not good when it came to business and this is definitely MORE proof of that.

Man, I would have a FIT if somebody had possession of my personal belongs and I had no control!

and of course Joe and the 'family' probably said MJ would join without even telling MJ:no:

There have been stories that John Lennon's son had to buy most of his dad's objects back, but I have not heard about the Jacksons buying back their objects. Maybe they do not care, but it must be annoying to see other people making money off their personal items, when they do not get a cut from the profit.

To sell a family album is just wrong... - It's the modst personal thing.

Anything, Anything
They'd do anything for money.

:(

I agree. Decent people would send it to Prince, Paris & Blanket.:no:

There have been stories that John Lennon's son had to buy most of his dad's objects back, but I have not heard about the Jacksons buying back their objects. Maybe they do not care, but it must be annoying to see other people making money off their personal items, when they do not get a cut from the profit.

They "probably" don't care, which is unfortunate, to say the least. Collectively, meaning the 4 brothers, along with Randy and Joseph, they could have done something, before the situation got out of hand.

I mean, they have had YEARS & YEARS to figure out a way to get their stuff back or to not have gotten in that particular situation in the first place. Maybe they thought Michael and/or Janet would have rode in and saved them all from losing their stuff.

From what I have read thus far concerning this situation, it looked like a bunch of Jackson 5 stuff was included. Which makes me wonder IF the "brothers" have anything left from their years in the Jackson 5. We know that Michael has saved loads and loads of stuff from over the years, probably enough to open 2 or 3 museums. I wonder what the brothers have, if anything.

From what I have read thus far concerning this situation, it looked like a bunch of Jackson 5 stuff was included. Which makes me wonder IF the "brothers" have anything left from their years in the Jackson 5. We know that Michael has saved loads and loads of stuff from over the years, probably enough to open 2 or 3 museums. I wonder what the brothers have, if anything.

^^I don't think they have much either. I think they placed many of their items in storage and forgot about it. I guess no one thought that since they owned property they could build a huge unit and store all items there. It also seems that the brothers expected that the things in storage would be paid for by Michael. Now when people want to sell the items they claim they are Michael's objects, and he did not pay for them so they own the merchandise.

The article is pretty much the same but have posted so we can see the contents. Looks like it might have belonged to Jermaine.

Don't you just love how Michael gets the blame for this.

A rare glimpse inside the private life of a global superstar as Michael Jackson's family photo album goes up for auction

By Graham Smith

Last updated at 9:02 PM on 29th February 2012

Surprising as it might seem, it appears Michael Jackson did manage to maintain a private life.
Less than three years after the King of Pop died, a never-before-seen family photo album is up for auction.
The snaps are of relatives and friends - most unknown to the public - and were taken in the 1970s. They provide a unique insight into pop's most famous clan.

article-2108208-11F7C9F1000005DC-23_634x624.jpg
Moment in time: This blurry snap of Jackson brothers Tito (left) and Jermaine (centre) and a friend taken in the early-1970s is one of a haul of personal photos in a never-before-seen album that is up for auction next month

article-2108208-11F7FF99000005DC-659_306x433.jpg

article-2108208-11F8034A000005DC-559_306x433.jpg

At ease: These two photos are believed to be of Jermaine Jackson. The family album is expected to well exceed it base price of just £3,000 when it goes on auction in Bedford next month

Bound in a nondescript cover, it looks just like any other family album.
It was one of a massive collection of items Jackson placed into storage in the 1990s.
But they were repossessed shortly before his 2009 death because he could not afford to pay the £60,000 release fee.

More..
A private collector based in Britain bought the album and is now selling it at WH Peacocks auctioneers in Bedford, Bedfordshire, next month.
The sale has already attracted huge interest in the U.S. and auction houses believe the lot will well exceed its base price of just £3,000.
While some of the images clearly show Jackson, the subjects in some of the other shots are less identifiable.

article-2108208-11F7FE83000005DC-71_634x720.jpg
Family affair: Matriarch Katherine Jackson strikes a symmetrical pose with sons Jackie (left) and Jermaine

article-2108208-11F7FD05000005DC-98_634x455.jpg
Private: The images are of relatives and friends - most, including this girl, unknown to the public

article-2108208-11F80E30000005DC-595_634x464.jpg
Group shot: The auctioneers admit that, without a member of the Jackson family themselves pointing out who everyone was, be they relatives or friends, it is difficult to identify most individuals
The auctioneers admit that, without a member of the Jackson family themselves pointing out who everyone was, be they relatives or friends, it is difficult to identify many individuals.
A spokesman for the auction house admitted he had never seen anything like this before.
John Lewis said: 'We have kept the sale value low, because so many people still have Michael Jackson memorabilia, but no one has anything like this.
'I deal with rock and pop memorabilia and items every day and you just don't see something as intimate as this coming up for auction, from Michael Jackson or anyone for that matter.
'It's a family album, just like anyone one of us may have. There are little Polaroids, small prints and regular photographs - it's just that in these photos is a global megastar.'

article-2108208-11F80864000005DC-296_634x629.jpg
Close friend: The album was one of a massive collection of items Jackson placed into storage in the 1990s that were repossessed before his 2009 death

article-2108208-11F803EB000005DC-779_634x674.jpg
Drinking game: The photo album's seller - who wishes to remain anonymous - picked up the album from private collectors in the U.S.

article-2108208-11F7FC0D000005DC-298_634x918.jpg
Dressing the part: young boy poses with a baseball bat

He added: 'We have already had a lot of interest from the U.S. but we're expecting interest from all over the world.
'It is intriguing to look at these photos and guess who is in them, obviously we all look a look different when we're younger so it's fun to guess who is who.
'I suppose the real people who'll know who all the people are in the album are the Jackson family themselves.'
The seller - who wishes to remain anonymous - picked up the album from private collectors in the U.S.
The auction on March 10 is the first time the photo album has ever been seen by the public.

article-2108208-11F7FA05000005DC-956_634x560.jpg
From left: Jermaine, Michael, Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson in their Jackson 5 glory days

article-2108208-11F8151C000005DC-390_634x468.jpg
Auctioneer: Matt Baker poses with the once-in-a-lifetime Jackson rarity, which goes on sale on March 10

article-2108208-11F80870000005DC-989_634x444.jpg
Nondescript: The album looks like any other family photo album from the 1970s

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-photo-album-goes-auction.html#ixzz1o4C2CfFF

Back