Michael Jackson's Ex-Wife Seeking Money From His Estate

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson’s ex-wife and the mother of his children, Debbie Rowe, is seeking payment from his estate to cover her services and attorney fees, RadarOnline.com exclusively reports.

Rowe’s attorney, Eric M. George, filed a Notice of Petition on her behalf with the Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday seeking financial compensation for legal fees and services in regards to the guardianship of Michael Joseph Jackson Jr, Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II.

The children are currently is the custody of Jackson’s mother, Katherine.
The hearing is set for September 9th, 2010 at a Los Angeles Court.

I like DEBBIE. She really loved MJ. During his darkest hour DEBBIE stepped up BIGTIME. Please give her the money.!!!

Michael Jackson’s ex-wife and the mother of his children, Debbie Rowe, is seeking payment from his estate to cover her services and attorney fees, RadarOnline.com exclusively reports.

Rowe’s attorney, Eric M. George, filed a Notice of Petition on her behalf with the Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday seeking financial compensation for legal fees and services in regards to the guardianship of Michael Joseph Jackson Jr, Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II.

The children are currently is the custody of Jackson’s mother, Katherine.
The hearing is set for September 9th, 2010 at a Los Angeles Court.

Could you please supply a link for this? It helps to get a better idea of how much is truth/semi-truth/sensationalism.

I like DEBBIE. She really loved MJ. During his darkest hour DEBBIE stepped up BIGTIME. Please give her the money.!!!

it doesn't matter how nice she is. Katherine is the one who is the guardian of the children. Debbie Rowe can't be given money for something that she is currently not doing.

Could you please supply a link for this? It helps to get a better idea of how much is truth/semi-truth/sensationalism.

that's a good idea.

first of the article headline is misleading - she is not asking for money for herself, she's asking for legal fees for the lawyers that worked at the custody hearing. (so she's not going to get money, estate will pay the lawyers)

secondly this is just normal. Michael's estate's main beneficiaries are the children and those hearing and those lawyers worked for the benefit of the children and ensured what Michael wanted - so she can ask for the estate to cover the costs of the lawyers as they worked for the children's interests.. (the lawyers didn't work to get Debbie custody - they worked on an agreement to leave Katherine the custody - don't forget that).

Last edited:
I generally don't have a problem with Debbie Rowe, but her asking the Estate to pay for HER legal fees is NOT a good look, in my opinion.

First of all, she's not in the will, so requesting money from the Estate just seems way out of place to me.

But then again there have been more than a few articles written this week, and they are ALL basically sending out the same message. That being that the Estate is bring in huge amounts of money and are continuing to make very profitable deals.

I mentioned all of the recent articles, because when you think about it, Debbie could have made this request to the Estate a LONG, LONG time ago. Why now, almost a year later?

Now I'm sure that Debbie's buddy, Marc Shaffel has ADVISED her to "try" and get a piece of that pie!

This is pretty normal I think. It is considered gentlemanly for such fees to be paid for the woman, especially in a disparity of wealth. She did make sure that Katherine, and not Joe, got guardianship. As I recall, this was her biggest concern, and very much in keeping with what Michael would have wanted.

I
Now I'm sure that Debbie's buddy, Marc Shaffel has ADVISED her to "try" and get a piece of that pie!
Which is why he's around her. Not to mention if she was successful in getting a piece of the pie, he would try to get a cut of it--you know for his 'advice'.

I don't trust Schaffel and Debbie having him as her friend doesn't sit right with me.

Debbie Rowe, Marc Schaffel Wing It to Tokyo

TMZ was at LAX yesterday when Debbie Rowe and Michael Jackson's former confidante Marc Schaffel boarded an American Airlines flight to Tokyo.

The two are tight, and Schaffel apparently still has strong connections to the Jackson family, even though MJ and Schaffel had a major falling out and ended up suing each other.

Schaffel shot an interview with Katherine recently to promote her book, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Rowe was mum at LAX, but Schaffel said he's been friends with Katherine for a long time.

As for why they're heading to Tokyo ... we're told Schaffel is releasing a documentary video he shot while he was working with Jackson. It will play on 200 screens in Tokyo.

VIDEO: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=...8-e13a-4c6f-938f-7eeaec68638d&isShareURL=true

Last edited:
first of the article headline is misleading - she is not asking for money for herself, she's asking for legal fees for the lawyers that worked at the custody hearing. (so she's not going to get money, estate will pay the lawyers)

secondly this is just normal. Michael's estate's main beneficiaries are the children and those hearing and those lawyers worked for the benefit of the children and ensured what Michael wanted - so she can ask for the estate to cover the costs of the lawyers as they worked for the children's interests.. (the lawyers didn't work to get Debbie custody - they worked on an agreement to leave Katherine the custody - don't forget that).

Hi Ivy.

My understanding is she filed a creditor claim to get recompense for her lawyer fees but missed the deadline.

Therefore her lawyer has taken this route to try and recoupe his fees.

Is this correct?

I mentioned all of the recent articles, because when you think about it, Debbie could have made this request to the Estate a LONG, LONG time ago. Why now, almost a year later?

I think this claim is old(ish) news - TMZ from March:

"But Howard Weitzman begs to differ, telling TMZ, "I had discussions with Mr. George about his request that the estate pay his fees on behalf of Debbie Rowe, but no agreement was ever reached."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/debbi...howard-weitzman-estate-children-guardianship/

How come Debbie is still "tight" with Schaffel? Didn't she call him an opportunistic vulture when she testified at the trial? I don't get it.

funny how mj has to pay everything. debbie stept into the custody issue so its up to her to pay her fees. she could have stayed out of it and left mjs wishes be. it was her choice to become involved with lawyers

Debbie Rowe, Marc Schaffel Wing It to Tokyo

TMZ was at LAX yesterday when Debbie Rowe and Michael Jackson's former confidante Marc Schaffel boarded an American Airlines flight to Tokyo.

The two are tight, and Schaffel apparently still has strong connections to the Jackson family, even though MJ and Schaffel had a major falling out and ended up suing each other.

Schaffel shot an interview with Katherine recently to promote her book, "Never Can Say Goodbye."

Rowe was mum at LAX, but Schaffel said he's been friends with Katherine for a long time.

As for why they're heading to Tokyo ... we're told Schaffel is releasing a documentary video he shot while he was working with Jackson. It will play on 200 screens in Tokyo.

VIDEO: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=...8-e13a-4c6f-938f-7eeaec68638d&isShareURL=true

For the life of me I will NEVER understand Debbie's and now Katherine's association with Marc Schaffel! Hello, apart from he and Michael suing each other, he joined up with Bob Jones to write that book and cast all kinds of bad innuendos against Michael just a few years ago!

It would seem as though some people have SHORT memories!:doh:

Yeah, I am really wondering about that Schaffel gay. It´s not like he is some big time succesfull lawyer or journalist, who they just could not avoid. He is a nobody really, and so clearly a leech, simply looking for the next paycheck. Katherine and Debbie are two ppl, I believe, who really loved MJ.

So why are they allowing Schaffel into their lives? That is a huge Q.

It's probably not as bad as it seems...............

- But why get a lawyer when you can't afford it???
- And what happened to all the money Michael gave to her????

what a mother. debbie where did all the money u got from michael go for bearing his childen? Making the estate of ur deceased EX husband to pay for YOUR custody issues, concerning YOUR OWN children is Jackson esque despicable. How about cutting down on the cake Deborah?

30xk7zs.jpg

Debbie
2z81854.jpg

10ooaqs.gif

Oh hell naw do I have to roll up on that lawyer sweetie hmmm they better take that money from your spousal support and pay that off gurl don’t make me come stalk you all you bunny's fall back please MJ IS ALL MINE HANDS DOWN>>> I need my nails did bout to go to LA I fen to go to court holla at the estate cause my lip gloss is popin hair did up right not gonna go down like that there darlin oh no

30xk7zs.jpg

Debbie
2z81854.jpg

10ooaqs.gif

Oh hell naw do I have to roll up on that lawyer sweetie hmmm they better take that money from your spousal support and pay that off gurl don’t make me come stalk you all you bunny's fall back please MJ IS ALL MINE HANDS DOWN>>> I need my nails did bout to go to LA I fen to go to court holla at the estate cause my lip gloss is popin hair did up right not gonna go down like that there darlin oh no

I think Michael liked meaty woman....:D..:ninja:

This is recycled news from months ago. I'm sure there will be many more recycled between now and Friday.

tha't is what i was thinking !

it is the first time i see Debbie smile in years !

i'm sure the decumentary is gonna be cool.

Without Debbie, there would be no Prince or Paris. She gave Michael the greatest gift of all which was something that his first wife refused him. Cut Debbie some slack.

by looking to the TMZ story this is old news being recycled. also an important part from the TMZ story is this

George says in his documents that MJ's kids benefited when she reached an agreement with Katherine on guardianship and visitation, and that's why he asked Weitzman to have the estate foot his legal bill.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/18/debbi...howard-weitzman-estate-children-guardianship/

and that's why her lawyers are asking their bill to be paid by the estate - simply because they worked for the children's benefit.

I am sure that the estate would pay this bill seeing that it was something that was for the children...If Michael was here he would probably say ..just pay it. Also..if Debbie is happy with Mark...then whatever thats on her. She did give Michael 2 very precious gifts....so I guess she deserves her happiness whatever that Might be..

Back