Michael Jackson’s Death Helped Us Rediscover Him..Jun 25, 2012

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada

The Article:

Michael Jackson&#8217;s death helped us rediscover him..
http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/michael-jacksons-death-helped-us-rediscover-him-355718.html
by FP Staff Jun 25, 2012

The irony of Michael Jackson, is that it took his death for multitudes of people to realize what a legend he was when he was alive. The controversy that plagued the last few years of his life, had tried to overshadow the electrifying concerts, elaborate music videos and breathtaking dance steps that made him the &#8220;King of Pop&#8221; in his hey-day.

Once he died and the tribute songs and videos started flowing in however, it was as though he had been rediscovered. Tragically, his death, that occurred exactly three years ago today.

People started buying his albums again in earnest, his songs began topping the iTunes charts, and the tribute movie This is It, which documented the rehearsal footage of his planned London concerts, performed exceptionally well at box offices the world over.

And to a generation of music lovers who had grown up to the thick bass beats of his songs and gawking open mouthed each time he pushed the boundaries of choreography and music videos, he was a legend. He was our legend &#8211; in much the same way Bob Dylan or Pink Floyd were legends in their own times.

And in tribute on his third death anniversary, this is a selection of some unforgettable Michael moments.

* The opening of the Bucharest Dangerous concert
What other superstar can just stand on a stage doing nothing for two whole minutes while the crowd goes mad around him? Michael Jackson at the peak of his popstardom.
[youtube]y9iv3lbFcME[/youtube]

* Interview with Oprah Winfrey in 1993
This first of a kind tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey was emotional and also explosive, as in it Michael revealed for the first time that his father Joseph used to beat them severely as children, and how difficult it was growing up as a child star.
[youtube]ZZjx4v7jOTU[/youtube]

* The 1995 MTV music awards
Best Robot moves. Ever.
[youtube]rZHPwVc3cJ8[/youtube]

* The Thriller music video
This pathbreaking video redefined the way we looked at music videos.
[youtube]sOnqjkJTMaA[/youtube]

*The 1988 Grammy performance
Possibly one of his best ever.
[youtube]zALcfb4Fb1E[/youtube]

The Source:
http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/michael-jacksons-death-helped-us-rediscover-him-355718.html

MJ TinkerBell :heart::pray::heart:

Last edited:
What does that tell about our world? We have to wait until a person DIES in order to "rediscover" them? When MJ was still here with us, there were few people outside the fan base were "brave" enough to stand up for him. Now, just about any average person will say "wow MJ was a cool guy" whenever you bring him up. I just wonder what they would have said when MJ was still alive. Sadly that's the way the world spins around....

And to say that his death is the best thing to happen to him? We could go on and on, but MJ didn't have to leave us for us to "rediscover" him. Many of us fans have already discovered him, we don't need to rediscover him! And why leave it until three years after he passed on? I'm not bashing the writer of this article or the newer fans on this forum, it's just sad that we need to wait for a person to die in order for people to know who they really are.

Last edited:
All must pray for the World....

A faction of Oligarchs intend to forG(c)e "prophetic" outcomes based on "expectations

There must be...

Focus
&
Vigilance

B-4 Silence

KEEP Watchin'

:pray: :group: I understand your feelings Frankyboy :agree:

I also realize that because of the way Michael was treated when he was alive, and to see the tide finally turn in his favor after he passed makes me happy :heart:

I am not the kind of person to try to convince everyone to be a Michael Jackson fan that already isn't, because some people are totally closed minded to him so I wouldn't try, but seeing people change their OWN minds is a beautiful thing :heart:

I think it is a good thing to not focus on WHO doesn't love Michael as much as we do, but to direct our attention with accepting hearts to the people that have changed their mind about the greatest human being we have ever known all along :pray:

I believe the writer is one of these people and that is why I placed the Article here, we have added one more Michael Fan to our ARMY of LOVE !! :agree:

:pray::heart::pray:

What does that tell about our world? We have to wait until a person DIES in order to "rediscover" them? When MJ was still here with us, there were few people outside the fan base were "brave" enough to stand up for him. Now, just about any average person will say "wow MJ was a cool guy" whenever you bring him up. I just wonder what they would have said when MJ was still alive. Sadly that's the way the world spins around....

And to say that his death is the best thing to happen to him? We could go on and on, but MJ didn't have to leave us for us to "rediscover" him. Many of us fans have already discovered him, we don't need to rediscover him! And why leave it until three years after he passed on? I'm not bashing the writer of this article or the newer fans on this forum, it's just sad that we need to wait for a person to die in order for people to know who they really are.

Last edited:
All must pray for the World....

A faction of Oligarchs intend to forG(c)e "prophetic" outcomes based on "expectations

There must be...

Focus
&
Vigilance

B-4 Silence

KEEP Watchin'

Ahh......your posts just brought back memories. Nice to see you're still around. As for the article, glad I was around to appreciate the man, the myth, the legend that is Michael Jackson (not even gonna use the word 'was' 'cause Michael will ALWAYS be for me).

Last edited:
That blue infinite space is a canvas
Reflecting silhouettes of the imagination
Grasp whatever you "see" and theorize
For whatever shapes the "shapes" of your perception
Can be rEALiZeD

Ride that cycle
And keep living in the mOMENT

KEEP Watchin'.......

Michael sold out 50 concerts before he said no more concerts,I read he could have sold out at least 100 concerts and that´s in one place.
I would say he was rediscovered by many when he announced This is it.
I believe This is it would have been a huge success , the 2 albums he was working on before he died would have been successful and some people would be nostalgic and start listen to his old music again and younger people would be curious about his music and videos
He didn´t have to die to be discovered.

It created a bunch of fake fans who cause of guilt or cause mj was suddenly the in thing decided that they liked him after all. those that truly loved him were here before 2009 and will be here long after those guilt trippers have gone back to as they were before 09

agree with the above post aswell. the amount of mj t.shirts i used to see at work after the march p.c was nice but i wondered where were all these ppl before it became cool to like mj again

Michael should have been appreciated when he was still here. I think there are a lot of hypocrites out there. I know in my heart that his concerts and everything would have been successful. He was robbed of that. I just hope that Michael knew he was loved.

I will never forget what Al Sharpton said the day Michael died. He something like "where were the people YESTERDAY?" Where was the love shown for him then? That hurt to hear that. I am not believing that everyone loves Michael now. There are still ignorant people out there. A couple of people at work on Monday the 25th told me that Michael had some good songs. I was like to myself okay that's their opinion. But then she said he bleached his skin and then I had to say something. I told her about the vitiligo but it was like it was going in one ear and out the other. There are skin diseases that people suffer from. I even suggested going online and showing pictures. She said nothing afer that. The sad thing is we live in like a tabloid like world. I can't believe that people could not believe that people lied about Michael. Stories and accusations were made up. Nobody cared to see the truth. Like the media and people would never lie about things. Give me a break. Sorry.

It's not that I don't appreciate hearing people say good things about Michael. But in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder about the sincerity. I can't help but think where was this love before. Sometimes it just feels too late and Michael can't hear or see it. I do want new generations of people to love Michael and appreciate him. His music is for everyone.It will be good for him and his legacy.

Last edited:
I remember when Michael's autopsy was released and it confirmed that Michael did infact have vitiligo. Notice how the media didn't make a huge deal out of that. Infact they made more of a bigger deal about the fact the he wore a wig. I think that they were trying to destract readers from the vitiligo thing because they didn't want to be seen as the big liars that they are

It really shouldn't be this way! :(

____

That blue infinite space is a canvas
Reflecting silhouettes of the imagination
Grasp whatever you "see" and theorize
For whatever shapes the "shapes" of your perception
Can be rEALiZeD

Ride that cycle
And keep living in the mOMENT

KEEP Watchin'.......

Why a new account? :unsure:

Back