Michael Jackson 'will be top earning celebrity next year'

Horakhty

Proud Member
Michael Jackson is set to be the world's top earning celebrity brand next year, making up to £150 million from beyond the grave, even more than Ronaldo and the Beckhams.

And he is not the only one as Elvis, Heath Ledger and Jade Goody are also in the list of top 20 stars, dead or alive, whose names alone are enough to set the cash tills ringing.

Jackson's early death this year means his estate is likely to benefit from a range of lucrative products from his music and videos to toys and trinkets and other officially licensed goods.

Jade Goody is still a valuable brand, thanks to her books and perfumes, while Heath Ledger's work lives on in royalties from DVD sales.

The top 20 for 2010 was compiled by trade and marketing experts based on potential moneyspinners from upmarket clothing ranges right down to dolls and tea towels.

The list includes Harry Potter stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson, singers such as Lady GaGa and Britney, actors such as Twilight heart-throb Robert Pattinson and sporting heroes such as Lewis Hamilton, still a bigger brand name than rival Jenson Button.

The predictions come from the top 1,000 licensing and merchandising experts across Europe taking part in the trade event Brand Licensing in London at the end of this month.

They include owners of celebrity brands and licences as well as those from retail, manufacturing, promotion and advertising industries.

Ciarán Coyle, managing director, The Beanstalk Group, said: "The Michael Jackson estate could earn an estimated £100 to £150m in royalties from licensing in 2010.

"His image and legacy is licensed on anything from coins and clothes, to coffee table books and singing stuffed animals.

"To put that into context, Elvis' estate was worth £30m last year and only a fraction of this was from licensing deals.

"The reason his estate will do so well as a licensing property is because Jackson had both fame and an emotional connection with potential consumers."

Top 20 celebrity brands for 2010:

1.Michael Jackson
2.Cristiano Ronaldo
3.Lady GaGa
4.Emma Watson (Hermione Granger in Harry Potter)
5.Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
6.David and Victoria Beckham
7.Lewis Hamilton
8.Robert Pattinson
9.Elvis Presley
10.Britney Spears
11.Katy Perry
12.Andy Murray
13.Usain Bolt
14.Jenson Button
15.Kate Moss
16.Katie Price
17.Jamie Oliver
18.Paris Hilton
19.Heath Ledger
20.Jade Goody

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-will-be-top-earning-celebrity-next-year.html

thats what I was thinking
and were did those harry potter kids come from?next thing we know we'll find miley cyrus and the jonas brothers up there
what is happening to the world?:bugeyed

lol Harry Potter is as big as MJ now IMO.

I think the top 3 brands of today are:

- MJ
- The Beckhams
- Harry Potter

ummm the list don't have Madonna..who is touring and Beyonce who is touring on the list..ummm???... or Oprah

Total crap..., without Madonna who earned 408 mill. dollars for her Sweet Tour and Oprah!...

This list is not reliable!

I just can't feel the slightest bit happy when I read things like this.....its all so surreal to me still.....

I just can't feel the slightest bit happy when I read things like this.....its all so surreal to me still.....

I understand where you are coming from. I mean it's all well and good Michael being at the top of earnings list etc but at the end of the day he isn't here to enjoy it. Not saying I disagree with the outpouring of love that's been happening but I can't help that if the same thing had happened when he was here maybe things could have been very different.

this is all so sad. he should've been alive and kicking ASS on his comeback and earning this!!!

:cry:

I'm sure Madonna did not personally earn 400milion on her Sticky and Sweet tour. That number sounds too big to me.

If you ever go to the sea side , its usually full of elvis merchandise which im sure the people who sell it dont give money to his estate , its proberly un official
But if elvis was really paid what he's suppose to then im sure he'd beat gaga

reports like this make me sad :( I wish he was here with us. Without any music or concerts or anything. Just him being alive and healthy.

Back