Michael Jackson Week

geekgirl101

Proud Member
Q is showing a Michael Jackson Week on channel 364. Initially I was excited as it shows some rare music videos, however Q does need telling off for labelling some of their schedules with titles like "King of Pop! ***** Week", "Influenced by *****: Justin" "***** vs Justin: Top 20" and "*****'s 20 Greatest Videos!" All of us fans of Michael Jackson should protest to the owners of Q music TV and Q magazine and tell them how inappropriate it is to refer to Michael Jackson as "*****". If you'd like to copy/paste a premade email this is one I mailed earlier to Q:

To: qmail@qthemusic.com
Subject: His name is not "*****"

To whoever it may concern,

I find it highly disrespectful that you continue to refer to the late Michael Joseph Jackson as "*****" in both your magazine and on the TV channel. Michael made it perfectly clear during an interview, and I quote, "My name is not *****, it is Michael Jackson." Michael disliked being called "*****" and pointed out that this was basically a shortened version of the cruel name "***** *****" that tabloid reporters came up with.

Please, I ask you to refrain from using the name "*****" in reference to Michael Joseph Jackson. It's an insult to call him that. How would you feel if someone made fun of your name and then for the rest of your life and even after death others were to continue to refer to you under a shortened version of that name? I'm pretty sure you'd feel disheartened also and would be screaming at people calling you that to stop.

Yours sincerely,

Melanie Hoyle.

Personally I can understand Michael's dislike for such a horrible name. I was the same as a child, my middle name is Jean and in primary school there was a guy in the same class who would call me "Jeanie Weanie" and after that I was nicknamed by him and a few of his mates as "Jeanie". I hated it, but what those tabloids were calling Michael was far worse, insulting, and for others like Q to copy and put it in their TV listings is just really disgraceful. :(

Last edited:
Back