Michael Jackson was really a King!

PrincessLNJ

Proud Member
Michael was not only the King of Pop, but an African King as well!

Back in 1992 Michael was given the title of King Sani in the Ivory Coast of Africa. This is something mainstream American media hardly ever ever covers or tried to remind us of.
009.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

Because he is well known for his humanity and philanthrophy, tour organizer Charles Bobbit reflected on the Affrican tour and said: "I was impressed with the interaction between Michael and the children. He sat on the bed with children who were deformed and children that were ill... He sat there and talked to them, hugged, cuddled them. He shook hands and did not wear a surgical mask like he does sometimes in America... That qualifies him as a role model for children--his deeds and not his looks."

While the international controversy raged, Michael remained aloof, refusing to read the stories and saying that he preferred to let his deeds and his songs speak for him. Strangely and significantly, he had anticipated these and other criticisms in the song, "Why You Wanna Trip On Me," in the Dangerous album. The song says, in part:

They say I'm different/They don't understand/But there's a bigger problem] That's much more in demand/You got world hunger/Not enough to eat/So there's really no time/To be trippin' on

It was clear from the beginning that the African people agreed with Michael. And from the time of his arrival, the natWe of Gary, Ind., was welcomed like a ruling dignitary and a long-lost son.

He had come to the land of his ancestors to participate in a historic ceremony conducted beneath a sacred tree in the gold-mining village of Krindjabo, populated by the Agni tribe and located near Abidjan, Ivory Coast. As the village people stood in admiration, Amon N' Djaolk, the traditional tribal chief of Krindjabo, placed a crown of gold upon the head of the musical monarch and pronounced him "king of Sani..

Almost overcome by emotions, the shy, sensitive son of Joseph and Katherine Jackson smiled and said, "Merci beaucoup," to the French-speaking people and repeated in English, 'Thank you very much."

He then joined elders of the king's court, signed official documents and sat on a throne of gold as women dancers, clad in white gowns, gave a dazzling performance of ritual dances. These elderly women are the guardians of the village, and their ceremonial dances gave their blessings to the crowning of"King Sani" and asked God for protection at a tree that symbolized the essence of power.

The musical messenger, who journeyed to West and East African nations as a self-proclaimed ambassador of peace, love and goodwill, achieved a success that exceeded his expectation.

From his sunset arrival in Gabon, where more than 100,000 people greeted him with spiritual bedlam, to his stop in Cairo, Egypt, to which he had paid homage on his newest album, Dangerous, with the best-selling single and music video Remember The Time, Michael was caught up in a hurricane of happy happenings.

Read more here http://findarticles.com/p...7/is_n7_v47/ai_12288831/

Here's a follow up on his passing. The article is entitled "Sanwi kingdom mourns passing of a prince" Including a video of the Africans who wanted to hold a funeral for him there.
http://www.france24.com/en/20090629-michae...ral-king-of-pop

Yeah, I have the original Ebony mag that was in. Great pictures.

This is soooo cool and makes me proud to have African roots :) They didn't judge him like the rest of the world did, they considered him one of their own.

omgod that is so amazing and here we see again that Michael's influence reaches from continent to continent.

It was estimated that Michael's fans are not in the millions but in the billions.

Miss you Michael.

See, I never knew this! I just thought they dressed him up when he visited Africa.. Like they do when he arrived in Hawaii and they dress him up in flowers and tradition hawaiian clothes. See, I didnt know this! More people need to know this! Its AMAZING. Imagine, what an honour!!!!!!

See, I never knew this! I just thought they dressed him up when he visited Africa.. Like they do when he arrived in Hawaii and they dress him up in flowers and tradition hawaiian clothes. See, I didnt know this! More people need to know this! Its AMAZING. Imagine, what an honour!!!!!!

We didn't know it probably because he wasn't one to go around bragging about things like this. I wonder if he felt it was too close to him to share it with the world.

That is so cool. I wish we heard more about things like this. Thank you so much for sharing!

He looks hot.
As someone else said in another thread, " It scares me how big he is sometimes ". I feel this so much. He's huge. He's like a Giant in the sky.

And they say Michael did not want to be black. A person with these hang ups would not be associateing with black people.The Majority of MJ's workers were black, it is obvious Michael was proud to be black.

I knew this and it made me proud!! :D

It's a pity everyone in the whole world didn't know this.. if lots of things were told about Michael then alot of people in today's world wouldn't feel weird about him.

Know what I mean?? :doh:

Back