Michael Jackson tribute concert in West Palm Beach

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
CbN09_MJ_CenterBox.jpg

Just two days before Michael Jackson is laid to rest in Glendale, California on his 51st birthday, the City of West Palm Beach is hosting a tribute concert at their weekly Clematis-by-Night concert series on Thursday, August 27, 2009.

Tony Wilson and the Godfather of Soul Band will perform. After an appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show, Tony Wilson was crowned the “Best Michael Jackson Impersonator”. Wilson went on to serve as a body double and decoy for Michael Jackson during Jackson’s Victory tour in 1984. Along with the best hits of Michael Jackson, Wilson will perform his recently released tribute song, “We Call Him Peter Pan” and some James Brown tunes. After working with the Godfather of Soul in two movies, James Brown endorsed Wilson as the Young James Brown.

Additional event highlights include Sean’s Dance Factory; a local dance school will perform two Michael Jackson tribute dances during the band’s breaks at 7:00 p.m. and 8:10 p.m. A Michael Jackson Dance Competition is also being sponsored by the city. Guests are invited to the front of the stage to showcase their best Michael Jackson moves. The best will be selected from the crowd to perform in a dance off to compete for a Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection box set. Two more box sets will be raffled off. Register for your raffle ticket at the registration table next to the stage. Winners will be announced during the band breaks.

Join the celebration of the “King of Pop” at Centennial Square at the end of Clematis Street 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. This is a free event. Public parking garages can be accessed on Banyan Street, one block north of the festivities.

http://www.clematisbynight.net/index.php

I would love to go but I am 2 hours away and I have to be at work a 8am the next day. Anything going on over the weekend for his birthday?

Back