Michael Jackson Tribute Autobiography?

XxWelshFanxX

Proud Member
Anyone know more about this tribute autobiography. I saw a clip of it on the news, saying that they had a deadline to print hundred & thousands of them. Anyone know more information about it. I wanna buy it, hopefully it will be positive.

Autobiography - as in he wrote one himself?? a new one???

It's this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Jac...=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1247556501&sr=1-4

I have no idea if it's any good but from what they said on the news it was finished in a hurry - they gave the author only 2 days to write 10,000 new words. As it's going to be the first new book to market and with a fairly large marketing campagin to sell the initial print run of 110,000 books, I really hope it's more positive than negative. Mike needs a break after all the tabloid crap that's been spread over the last week or two.

"Product Description
A lavishly illustrated tribute to the greatest entertainer of a generation. 'The world has lost one of the greats but his music will live on forever' - Madonna Michael Jackson was the undisputed King of Pop and his untimely death has provoked tributes from around the world. With a colourful life spanning from 1968 when Michael was a member of the Jackson 5 to his recent announcement of a final comeback tour at the O2 in London, nobody can dispute the achievements of the man who was arguably the greatest artist of the millenium. This fully illustrated book offers an insightful tribute to the man behind Thriller, the world's best selling album of all time. Including sections on Michael's early life and the Jackson 5, the making of Off the Wall and Thriller, and the troubled years leading right up to his announcement of a comeback tour, this will be a comprehensive and fitting tribute to a legendary pop star, the likes of which the world will never see again.

From the Publisher
* Michael Jackson is the world's best selling male solo artist with sales of over 800 million records

* The book includes a beautiful free pull-out poster
* The announcement of Michael Jackson's last ever tour in resulted in tickets being sold out in record times 750, 000 tickets sold in less than four hours * The book will contain 250 top class photographs

About the Author
James Aldis is a huge fan of Michael Jackson, having followed him ever since first being given a copy of 'Thriller' at the age of eight. He lives in London with his partner and was among the many fans to have bought tickets for his hero's 02 arena performances. Despite twenty years of trying, he is still unable to moonwalk like his hero. This is his first book.

Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Michael Jackson was without doubt the greatest performer ever to have lived. In his own lifetime he became a legend, transcending the boundaries that separated white and black audiences, creating sounds that had never before been heard, and writing music that will remain in the hearts of listeners for generations and generations to come. Never before or since has a recording artist achieved so much - from record-setting albums to astonishing acts of charity - and his impact on the domain of not only popular music but world culture itself will be felt down the ages. As a man and a performed Michael Jackson was totally unique. Influenced by the ghosts of an extraordinary childhood and beset by unflagging public scrutiny, the media frenzy which surrounded his untimely death was already a constant presence in a life that seemed to hold so little privacy but offer so many intriguing questions. Yet whatever the doubts and blames generated by his death, his legacy to the world will live on untarnished: as a man who wrote songs that the whole world could sing to. "

From what little I have read it looks very good. I think that publishers know the demand is now for more 'positive' books concerning MJ.

What I would say though is this. Have a look at all the books being released over the next few weeks and months (Amazon have quite a few), and 'hold tight' before handing over your money. Their will be a few really good books worth purchasing, but there will also be some rubbish in there as well.

Back