Michael Jackson: The Fashion Icon

Rebirth

Proud Member
Michael Mania has returned (Although not the way we expected it). Michael has conquered every newspaper, magazines and radio station in here. Multiple spreads and pages of Michael Jackson can be found in a single newspaper.

So today a newspaper decided to publish an article about his fashion sense.

I had to retype everything as I accidentally closed down my browser when I typed the first version. So don't expect proper grammar whatsoever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

FI_1.jpg

FI_2.jpg

Fashion Icon: Michael Jackson Style Created the King of Pop Phenomenon

Single crystal-encrusted glove, military style jacket, high-water pants and white socks truly differentiate the appearance of The King of Pop, Michael Jackson from the other artists. Everything that "The Number 1 World Entertainer" wore was followed by his fans. In other words, Michael Jackson is the true definition of a trendsetter!

Michael Jackson's true attraction is more toward his guts to have fashion versatility.

That 'awkward' style of his (Claimed by few fashion critics) has become his identity throughout his career and life.

To celebrate his awe grandeur legacy, Stailo column will discuss few of his styles and also provide you with tips on how to become a trendsetter like Jackson.

Looking back at his history, Michael's fashion identity took shape at the end of the 1970s with the release of Off the Wall. Who can forget his appearance in a tuxedo with a bow tie?

Michael continued to fantasize with fashion with the release of Thriller in 1982.

His musical journey will not be completed without mentioning his fashion style and also his moonwalk, which created an extraordinary phenomenon.

Who is Michael Jackson without his glittery glove? Since the eruption of the epic years of Billie Jean and Beat It, Jackson was seen everywhere with gloves.

Besides his crystal-encrusted glove, sequins and white cloths have also become his identity. His appearance is almost not complete without wearing a jacket.

Jackson's jacket style has influenced few female celebrities like Victoria Beckham, Rihanna and Mary Kate Olsen.

His military style jacket has also been adapted into Balmain's latest 2009 collection. His versatility, creation and details in music and fashion have made him the General of the international music industry.

Now millions of his fans are mourning for his death. But Michael didn't leave us empty handed as he left us with memories, fashion phenomenon, his famous legendary hand wave and of course, his crystal-encrusted glove!

7 Jackson Styles that will Always be Remembered

1. His true fashion impact that hit the world was through his Beat It's red jacket.
  2. Jackson loves aviator glasses.
  3. His naughty and retro Mafia style (Smooth Criminal) will always be remembered for all time.
  4. Military style jacket is synonym with Michael Jackson.
  5. Besides jacket, Jackson also loved wearing tight, really tight clothes. His 1988 concert showed The King of Pop sexiness as he wore tight clothes.
  6. Jackson continued to create fashion phenomenon through high-water pants.
  7. Not complete without his loyal glittery glove.
This is the fashion icon, Michael Jackson!

That man had tough hardcore gangsters wearing jheri curls and thriller/beat it jackets. I know I had the thriller jacket, white socks, jheri curl and the glove..lmao

I remember seeing his clothes etc in Newbridge in Ireland, and thinking "wow, MJ really was a style Icon, this is amazing."

Thank you so much for translating this article! :) I was always attracted to his personal style and everything about him~ He looked so awesome with those clothes.

Heres the one I did for school, its nothing special, so dont expect a lot of it haha. This is the ''un-edited'' (lol) version, cant find the finished one, so it all looks really messy and probably has lots of grammar mistakes in it, sorry about that. just wanted to show you guys:

mjartikel-1.jpg

Back