Michael Jackson the Experience Game: Thoughts?

J5master

Proud Member
Again, I know, I'm super late. lol

But I saw videos of it on Youtube and watched the routines and had a great time just WATCHING them. lol The avatars for MJ are so freakin CUTE (dare I say, better moving than the hologram lol)! The dance routines are cute too - 'dumbed down' just enough for it to be doable for those who are not dancers, but not boring for those who can dance at least a little lol. In general, it just seems really fun for MJ fans, because there are little nuances they throw in there that shows they really paid attention to the videos/live performances. (like I love the fact they added the fist-to-palm-BAM! move from Stranger in Moscow. MJ always does that for that song in particular - "how does it feel? (BAM!) How does it feel?")

And sometimes there are movements in there that had me crackin up like 'wth are they doing in this game??' lolol (like the chest pump move in Black or White. Kinda like "Africans do the chest pump! Asians do the chest pump! Russians do the chest pump! Indians do the chest pump! Now EVERYONE does the chest pump!" LOLOL

But in general it just seems like a whole lot of fun. Does anyone play it? Anyone use it for exercise workouts (thats probably what Im gonna do lol)?

I would try the Xbox 360 version if I had the Kinect motion sensor. But there is no way I would buy that crappy thing just for one game but the game itself looks fun. Here is Anry Joe's review:

It's a fun game

But it pails in comparison to this

moonwalker-megadrive.jpg

I got the game, had a few people round, got my freak on and then WTF WTF WTF..............Where are the proper routines? Even on hard setting where? I was getting smashed by my 4 year old son xD

It is a lot of fun. I haven't played it in a while though. It is great for exercise for sure. I couldn't get enough when I first started and it was a real workout :p some of those songs are freakin' hard too. I could see why Michael would lose a lot of water weight during his performances.

It is a lot of fun. I haven't played it in a while though. It is great for exercise for sure. I couldn't get enough when I first started and it was a real workout :p some of those songs are freakin' hard too. I could see why Michael would lose a lot of water weight during his performances.

:heat: That's what I've been told about it and it does sound like a fun way to tighten things up, get in shape. Which system would be the best to get for this game: Xbox or Wii? I'm not a gamer, so I'm not well versed on the difference between the two. :D

I have the game. But I only gotten it as an MJ related item. Like I did with my Moonwalker game. I really don't have the desire of actually playing it. You can blame my constant state of depression over what had happen to him for that.

:heat: That's what I've been told about it and it does sound like a fun way to tighten things up, get in shape. Which system would be the best to get for this game: Xbox or Wii? I'm not a gamer, so I'm not well versed on the difference between the two. :D

If you get it for Xbox 360 you need have Kinect motion sensor that is sold separately. That is the downside of that version but you can see yourself on the screen. With Wii version you only need to wave the controller. You don't really even have to dance at all. That doesn't sound very fun to me. :)

Here is some comparison:

Xbox 360 with Kinect

Wii

I watched the wii version online and I was thoroughly entertained by all of the "michaels" dancing lol they made a good effort. I would think that version is more fun.

I watched the wii version online and I was thoroughly entertained by all of the "michaels" dancing lol they made a good effort. I would think that version is more fun.

But you can't really affect what happens on the screen. You are basically watching a video.

But you can't really affect what happens on the screen. You are basically watching a video.

Well I figure if you buy a game like that and choose not to get up and dance (while moving the controller) then there's no point in buying the game anyway. Why get it if you're just gonna cheat? lol

So assuming that you choose NOT to play with the least amount of effort and actually go along with the game, the wii version seems to have a better screen IMO (cuz TBH I'd rather see the MJ avatar do it than myself on the screen lolol!). Plus I personally admire the graphics that incorporate the videos. But I think both look fun in general.

Last edited:
If you get it for Xbox 360 you need have Kinect motion sensor that is sold separately. That is the downside of that version but you can see yourself on the screen. With Wii version you only need to wave the controller. You don't really even have to dance at all. That doesn't sound very fun to me. :)

Here is some comparison:

Xbox 360 with Kinect

Wii

:smoothcriminal:paying the extra cost to get the motion sensor looks like it's well worth it (imo). The Xbox version looks cleaner, the effects sharper and not as cartoonish. The sing-along option ups the ante, makes the game more interesting/challenging LOL! I WANT that version, woo hoo!

I don't want to be bored and the Wii version looks that way and it also looks too easy.

It's an interesting game (the 360 version), far from perfect and you can blame some of that on the Kinect sensor.

To be frank, the Kinect sensor for the 360 is pretty crap. There have been countless times I have done the correct move but the Kinect went "nah mate" and told the game I didn't do it properly. Certainly if you're looking to try and get 5 stars on all the songs that could be issue. I have got around the odd move by doing a slightly different version of the move which looks off in real life, but the Kinect sensor is right so you can get around it... you just have to experiment.

I have 5 stars on just about every song. There's a couple of songs I haven't got 5 stars on expert yet and then you have Beat It. Beat It is a bitch and neither me or my friend have been able to get 5 stars on that, regardless of difficulty despite getting 5 stars on every other song. We've always just been that little bit off :p I haven't played the game for a year or two, the Xbox 360 wiped most of my data (thankfully not the achievements since they're stored online!) and I just couldn't be stuffed continuing anymore so I can't remember much else. I remember thinking the training mode could be improved, can't remember how though. I just remember Dance Central teaching you the moves in a better way.

In saying all of that though, I have actually had a lot of fun playing this game! There have been countless times I have stayed up until 3am, blasting MJ and dancing to him like a fool :p The feeling of finally getting that 5 star rating is absolutely wonderful! Being completely honest, there are going to be times of joy and laughter, times of annoyance where you want to smash the bloody thing and there is definitely room for improvement but overall it can be a really fun game and I have many good memories playing it :)

It was really fun because my best friend and I, we raced to try and get as many 5 stars as possible - often comparing our Xbox Live profiles because you get an achievement for every song you unlock 5 stars on. That made it even more fun and pushed us to play harder and longer. She ultimately won... but only by a few ;)

Back