Michael Jackson Secretly Remade Thriller, And You Can See It In 3D!

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Secretly Remade Thriller, And You Can See It In 3D!

Michael Jackson’s concert documentary This Is It will arrive in theaters next week and it contains more than a few surprises. We talked with the film’s director Kenny Ortega and choreographer/associate producer Travis Payne today, and they revealed that before Jackson died, they filmed brand new versions of Michael’s most well known and iconic music videos for inclusion with the concert. In particular, if you buy a ticket for Michael Jackson’s This Is It you’ll also see, for the first time ever, brand new, re-imagined music videos for “Thriller”, “Man in the Mirror”, and “Earth Song”.

The intention was to use the new videos as transitions into the performed versions of the songs, transitions that are a long way from the original. Payne promises that the new "Thriller" is nothing like the boy on the date with the girl, while at the same time, "We didn't touch what we considered the sacred inside of it." And while the new version of "Thriller" and the other songs will be screened with This Is It in plain old 2D next week, that's not how they were intended to be seen, and that might not be the last we see of them either.

Ortega also revealed that there may be a 3D re-release of Michael Jackson’s This Is it later on, including the revamped music videos that were originally to be broadcast during the concerts in 3D. "Later down the line there may be an opportunity for us to do some special 3D package," Ortega hinted. But that's not nearly as elaborate as how the videos were originally intended to be shown. The plan was to have the audience members don 3D glasses in the middle of the concert, but it was going to be much more than just 3D screens in the corner. As Payne explained it to me, "We had 3D and also frontal elements and overhead elements that actually created a 4D environment that the audience was sitting it." Jackson, Payne and the rest of the team scoured the country to find a technology company large enough to build the screen they wanted, and in the process, they started to build the largest 3D LED screen in the world.

Of course, we won't get to see that screen. But Payne believes that re-releasing This Is It in 3D is actually the ideal way to see the footage, given Jackson's lifelong interest in 3D technology. "Michael would want the entire experience in 3D, and we will try out best to facilitate his wishes. He made it clear that that was the new frontier."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Mich...-Thriller-And-You-Can-See-It-In-3D-15342.html

I read this yesterday, should be very interesting. I wonder if the whole video was re-done or just certain scenes.

So we will see this in the movie but not in 3D???

What so they are going to convert it to 3D now? wow instead they could have just waited but no Sony wanted a money grab

sounds amazing...but I am not a tech pro so I have difficulty getting my head around why would there be a need for 3D glasses when the concert is 3D itself? I mean every time I went to MJs shows I and everyone was focused on MJ...and he was there in person so 3D...of course the projected images were nice but you only focused on MJ....so I dont follow the 3D and 4D part of the plan for the concerts but for the movie it would be awesome...

What is this Dome project everyone keeps going on about?

So will we get to see Thriller remade 3D in the cinemas for TII?

^No you won't

\Vargak the 4D is there to enchance the show. trust me 3D enhances things it not a gimmicks. I also like Michael is obsessed with 3D

For those who don't know about "The Dome project"

The Dome project:
Two weeks before his death, Michael Jackson finished filming a hush-hush video shoot -- and it is likely the last video project overseen by Jackson.

According to AP, the video -- dubbed the "Dome Project" -- and its existence have been confirmed by sources that could not be identified because of confidentiality agreements.

4 sets were reportedly constructed for the video shoot, including a cemetery similar to the one used in Jackson's "Thriller" video.

SOurce: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/06/jacksons_dome_project.php

More details:
Jackson once singed and danced in Stimulated Inc.'s studio for 2D and 3D footages for the backgorund Chaos LED screen to be set onstage behind him and for the already discussed Dome Project. The Dome Project would consist seven works:

1) Smooth Criminal (Jackson inserted into classic 2D black-and-white film noir chase sequence);
the new Smooth Criminal video (Dome Project) include the clips from classic films noir below:
- Dead Reckoning
- Gilda
- In a Lonely Place
- Angels With Dirty Faces
- The Big Sleep

2) Thriller (3-D movie starting in a haunted house with a ghostly image of Vincent Price, then moving into a graveyard where the dead awaken);

3) Earth Song (3D short film featuring little girl who wanders through rain forest, takes a nap and dreams of the splendor of nature, and awakens to find the natural world has been devastated);

4) They Don't Care About Us (a/k/a Drill, 2D film in which a sea of soldiers march in unison; 10 male dancers replicated hundreds of times);

5) MJ Air (3-D movie in which a 707 jet pulls into the frame; hole was to open in screen for Michael Jackson to enter; jet flies away);

6) The Final Message (3-D movie of little girl from rain forest embracing the earth);

7) The Way You Make Me Feel (2D theatrical background featuring male dancers fashioned as historical construction workers).

Other video sequences:
Other video sequences for the backgorund Chaos LED screen to be set onstage behind him would include the followings:

- Flashes and Glimpses (historical timeline of last century in 90 seconds);

- Startin' Somethin' (animation with letters MJ and words This Is It);

- Jackson 5 Medley (graphic animation featuring Jackson 5 logo);

- I Just Can't Stop Loving You (animation of a baroque hall of mirrors);

Source: http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/2009/07/this-is-it-tour-rehearsals-details.html
Or: http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/lofiversion/index.php/t43577.html
Italic part under smooth criminal taken from: http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/node/313976

Last edited:
In particular, if you buy a ticket for Michael Jackson’s This Is It you’ll also see, for the first time ever, brand new, re-imagined music videos for “Thriller”, “Man in the Mirror”, and “Earth Song”.

omgomgomgomgomg
6qijvt.jpg

already knew about Thriller 3d from the dome project... am excited to see the others now

Thanx for posting chacal! :)

So these videos were all completed before his death and we will get to see them in TII yeah?

I think some of them MissChanel

in trailer we could see the big screen with the "this is it" logo, that most be for wanna be startin something.

On the drill clip wich feature short BAD/and they don;t care about us you can see the millions of soldiers on the screen.
also we could see the set for "the way you make me feel"

The others remain secrets until we see the film
there is a crap quality picture of black & white smooth criminal new film surfing on the internet.

There is a picture of Judith hill and mj doing "i just can't stop loving you" with what appears to be uhmmm the mirrors i think

Kenny said they shot TEN short films. And they were all competed.

thanks for clarifying, you know what would be really nice? to keep some footage for future mj music video clips.I think the estate should consider it,probably already has.

:cry: This just makes me infinitely sad. I wish we could have seen this.

I know... What a boring world, the KING of Entertainment gone! :cry:

The day music died, the day entertainment died was the day MICHAEL JACKSON died!

The world mourned (all those tributes worldwide) on a scale like I have never seen before but his legacy will live forever, really forever. I can't see the world ever forgetting the man who showed the world how to "moonwalk"

Theres a clip of the forest from Earth Song in one of the Trailers.

I know... What a boring world, the KING of Entertainment gone! :cry:

The day music died, the day entertainment died was the day MICHAEL JACKSON died!

The world mourned (all those tributes worldwide) on a scale like I have never seen before but his legacy will live forever, really forever. I can't see the world ever forgetting the man who showed the world how to "moonwalk"

Exactly, the excitement in music and entertainment has gone with Michael....now there is manufactured music and no longer innovation.
Now I just have to remind myself that:
He may be gone but the music/dance/entertainment/excitement lives on forever through his legacy.

Back