Michael Jackson Reference Cassette Tapes : Seeing Voices :)

anilsai

Proud Member
MICHAEL JACKSON REFERENCE CASSETTE TAPES

170224_0.jpg

A group of three cassette tapes owned by Michael Jackson and used as reference tapes by the singer. The first is labeled "Michael Jackson/'Dangerous' (edit) 4:15" and dated 9/10/93. The second tape contains versions of "They Don't Care About Us" and "This Time Around," dated 3/5/96 and labeled "Bernie Grundman Mastering Studio" and "Michael Jackson mjj/epic/sony." The third tape is dated 12/10/97 and contains "Seeing Voices" labeled as the rough cut with strings. Each tape comes with a letter of authenticity from Frank Cascio.
4 1/4 by 2 3/4 by 5/8 inches

Seeing Voices Rough Mix - tape 1 (12/10/97)

Dangerous Edit - tape 2 (9/10/93)

They Dont Care About us and This time Around - tape 3 (3/5/96)

Source : http://www.julienslive.com/view-auc...35/?url=/view-auctions/catalog/id/124/?page=6

Can someone fill me in about Seeing Voices?
YEARS ago (maybe 2001-2002 ish) when I was using Kazaa and Morpheus and all those peer2peer download programs, I remember stumbling upon this Michael Jackson instrumental track for an unreleased song SEEING VOICES.

Is is it legit that this is one of his songs? If so, were there ever any vocals recorded?

Can someone fill me in about Seeing Voices?
YEARS ago (maybe 2001-2002 ish) when I was using Kazaa and Morpheus and all those peer2peer download programs, I remember stumbling upon this Michael Jackson instrumental track for an unreleased song SEEING VOICES.

Is is it legit that this is one of his songs? If so, were there ever any vocals recorded?

That instrumental version is fake. MJ recorded Seeing Voices with Ray Charles. The song remains unreleased and unleaked.

This 1997 version is probably MJ solo version. I'm sure he recorded full vocals.

Ah. Well, whatever instrumental that leaked is really nice in its own right.

I hope this song will be released one day, perhaps on a future album! Would love to hear it.

This is very interesting (ignoring the seller of course). I am intrigued about the edits of Dangerous, TTA and TDCAU as only one of them was actually released as a single. Seeing Voices is of course the most attractive of the bunch. Be it Michaels solo version or the duet with Ray Charles, I would love to hear that one most! The so called instrumental that leaked is fake and the same bit of music used for that god awful fake YRMW demo that was floating about years ago

Seeing Voices sounds like a beautiful song, even if he didn't get to put lyric to it I'd still like it hear it. The other versions of TDCAU sound interesting

Seeing Voices full song is circling in the hands of traders.

Back