Michael Jackson Planet Earth Poem

Thanks for posting, I did not know he had recorded it.

I love that poem it is even more beautiful spoken by Michael.

It is in his dancing the dream book too.

Last edited:
I hope Michael recorded his other poems from that book. I bet fans would buy a cd version of Dancing The Dream and read along while MJ reads it to us. That would be AWESOME! :D

I love listening to this just to hear his speaking voice...It makes me feel that he is in the room with me, talking to me....

I've had it memorized since I bought the Dangerous album back in 1993.
I said it word for word with Michael without either book for help.
I was surprised. I hadn't read it in years.

His voice isn't all that soft to me.
I love how he says most of the words though.

His message is beautiful, yet sad.

It was just last week I was reading that poem out of my Dancing The Dream book. But listening to Michael saying that poem is even better than just reading it. It is just so beautifully written. Plus I just love his talking voice. And plus Planet Earth is one of my absolute favorite poems out of Dancing The Dream.

My sister loves the way he says "metal" Really pronouncing the "t"

I've always thought he had the most beautiful speaking voice in the world. I used to tell my friends that when I pass away I'd want to hear a gentle voice like Michaels speak to me.

Planet Earth (1990) (Michael Jackson)
Alternative title: Planet Earth, I Love You
Spoken word by Michael Jackson
Featured as an eponymous poem in the accompanying booklet of the album DANGEROUS (1991)
and in Dancing The Dream (1992), a book by Michael Jackson about poems and reflections.
In October 2009 it became the first poem rendered by Michael to be ever commercially released!

Official releases:

• (3:14) "This Is It" *POSTHUMOUS release*
    (Compilation, CD, 26th October 2009)
  • (3:14) "This Is It - E.P." *POSTHUMOUS release*
    (Extended Play - Single, digital (iTunes only), 26th October 2009)
I find it weird that some fans never heard this untill now.

thank you. Was it leaked before or what do you mean?

I do consider myself a big big fan, but to be honest, I haven't yet studied every single MJ thing since the Jackson 5.

No, It was never leaked, though the lyrics were. The poem was released on the TII, album. You better go check it out ;)

I hope Michael recorded his other poems from that book. I bet fans would buy a cd version of Dancing The Dream and read along while MJ reads it to us. That would be AWESOME! :D

That would have been so wonderful! :)

I was just thinking about this today! Michael's speaking voice is pure and heavenly, and I love Dancing the Dream!

My sister loves the way he says "metal" Really pronouncing the "t"

Yes!! :) And the way he sings ''this is it''............with emphasis on the 't' at the end of the first line of the song............
He has a beautiful speaking voice, so eloquent and well pronounced! :agree:

The way he spoke at the Oxford University speech too...........

Love ''planet earth'' poem...........

Are you just floating by on a cloud of dust? ( dessst)
Awww.......:)

When I first bought the album I was listening to it with my kids in the car. They were in the back playing a game of some sort, they are 8 and 10. They weren't really paying attention, but when the poem came on the car went completely silent, they were quiet through the whole thing, and then went back to playing their game when it was over! :wub:

Michael was very special:wub:

When I first bought the album I was listening to it with my kids in the car. They were in the back playing a game of some sort, they are 8 and 10. They weren't really paying attention, but when the poem came on the car went completely silent, they were quiet through the whole thing, and then went back to playing their game when it was over! :wub:

Michael was very special:wub:

Wow! Michael is very mesmerizing...

i just got the this is it cd for christmas and i when i listened to it and heard the poem i just bawled my eyes out. it was the most BEAUTIFUL poem and the way he spoke it and read it was just so amazing and his voice is just so soothing and beautiful. god i miss him and his wonderful voice!!

Back