Michael Jackson on a flight from Rio to Salvador

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
The following article an article was published in a Brazilian newspaper when Michael came to record ‘They Don’t Care About Us‘ back in 1996. It was republished again after his death here:
http://extra.globo.com/lazer/materi...do-piloto-num-voo-para-salvador-756526167.asp

Michael filmed and recorded ‘They Don’t Care About Us‘ in two Brazilian states: Rio and Salvador. Michael took a commercial flight between the two states while filming, and this article is about events of that flight.

MJRioToSalvadoreFlight2-300x217.jpg

Michael on Flight from Rio to Salvador 1996

The Executive Editor of Globo, Marcelo Senna, tells how it was to be side by side with Michael Jackson on a flight to Salvador in 1996:
He has a very cold look. Frost.” This was the first impression I got on the flight Rio-Salvador which I shared with Michael Jackson 13 years ago, when he was recording with Olodum. But that impression slowly faded away when I witnessed one side of the singer who maybe just few could see. In the few minutes that I remained standing five feet in front of the star, I tried all ways to interview him. Two scary security guards, that could be at “Thriller” avoided me every time I got closer.

MJRioToSalvador.jpg

Michael Telling Children Stories on Rio to Salvador Flight

But if I could not interview him, despite being the only reporter in the world in there, I witnessed, very close to him, a performance that sparked a clatter of belts being unbuckled and made everyone turn their necks to the first chair of the Boeing 737.
Michael Jackson spent much of the flight playing with his companions, a boy and a girl aged six years at the time. With them, the look of his eyes was different. It was sweeter. I closely followed what few saw and heard: a fairy tale in which he portrayed a little lion lost in the forest. The children were delighted with the roars and the faces during the story. Me too. It was better than any of those mega video clips of the star on TV. This was an almost exclusive clip. For me and for the children.
-Marcelo Senna, Executive Editor of Globo
He wore a red jacket from the football team Torpedoes Soccer Team, black pants and hat. He entered the plane with his inseparable surgical mask, which he took off only after the doors were shut.
MJandRioToSalvadorFlightChildren.jpg

Michael and the children from his flight from Rio to Salvador​

I was privileged because I remained standing in front of the front row and I could not get out much longer. I had asked the flight attendants to stop there when they serve the food. Even with the requests of security guards to return my chair, I explained that the food cart blocked the way. Wasn’t it a fine excuse?
The flight attendants, by the way, competed to serve him the food. Michael loved Guarana (a Brazilian soft drink) and ate everything from cheese, salami and ham, quail eggs, fried chicken, pineapple, grapes and quindim (a Brazilian dessert, it seems a little tart). As far as I can tell, I believe he ate about 12 quindim!
But who had the greatest privilege was the flight commander. Michael went to the booth and sang a cappella, “Heal the World” when the plane was flying over Itaparica Island (near Salvador), and I was thinking I had already had the best times of my life before this!
-Marcelo Senna, Executive Editor of Globo
http://www.mj-777.com/?p=2857

OMG this is the cutest thing ever. Such a beautiful story, I love Michael more and more each day which I didn't think was even possible!

such a lovely story! thanks for sharing :)

these kids were with Michael when he was in Moscow on HIStory tour.

Dangerous Incorporate,
Thanks...gracías.
I loved this photos...
This topic is very important to us, brazilian people, i ´ve never seen this before!

Well, I was 15 when Michael was in Brazil and I am still in my memory those magical days. I have everything that came out in the Brazilian press at the time... saved/recorded (VHS). :wub:

Now... I want to share some pictures that are part of my collection MJ. :wub: Sometimes I look for them to go back in time. :yes:

digitalizar0001vk.jpg

digitalizar0002d.jpg

digitalizar0003e.jpg

digitalizar0005c.jpg

digitalizar0012.jpg

digitalizar0004m.jpg

digitalizar0006rk.jpg

digitalizar0007.jpg

digitalizar0008n.jpg

digitalizar0009b.jpg

digitalizar0010j.jpg

digitalizar0011k.jpg

digitalizar0013.jpg

digitalizar0014y.jpg

digitalizar0017.jpg

And.....

Unfortunately, the video is in Portuguese, but is worth watching because of the end :yes::

[youtube]d-iDICpvsoI[/youtube]

Reporter Gloria Maria talks about Michael:

[youtube]6Madjfb8TxQ[/youtube]

I love you forever Michael....:wub:

Is very good for me read it because I'm brazilian. I didn't hope so good words from a someone of the Globo. They don't talk well about MJ...
Thanks for post, I lovedread about his visit
Hahaha Michael ate quindim own It's very good and guarana too!

OMG, my beautiful!
Very good, thank you, I'm proud of Mike came on my land!!!

Yea that would have been great! You can listen to Michael reading E.T. the storybook on youtube. You should check it out.:)

Oh thanks, but I've actually listened to it quite a few times already :yes:
It's wonderful, he's so adorable and I really love his voice :wub:
The problem is, it makes me want even more...it would have been so awesome to see him, see all the expressions on his face and his body language etc... :wild:
Just a dream that will never come true...

Back