Michael Jackson -- 'Off the Wall' Remaster In the Works

Vici

Proud Member
Sources connected with the Michael Jackson/Sony deal tell TMZ ... among the 10 albums in the works is a remaster of "Off the Wall" -- with the help of none other than Quincy Jones.

mjoff.jpg

We're told the plan is for Quincy to take charge of the project, which will include some never-before-heard outtakes.

Another album will feature the soundtrack to the upcoming Jackson-themed Cirque du Soleil show in Las Vegas.

There are reports circulating that Sony will release 10 original albums, but that's not true. In addition to the release of "MICHAEL" on Tuesday, we're told there will be at least one other album with original songs and at most two.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/12/13/micha...uincy-jones-cirque-du-soleil/#comments-anchor

Guys I remember that we all talked about this before June 25th.

That he would release an 'Off The Wall 30' with outtakes in 2009 to celebrate it was 30years ago the album got released.. just like a 'Thriller 25' album.

Anyone else remember it too?

Yep, the Off The Wall project is coming in the second half of 2011. The Cirque project (soundtrack) is coming out after that. I've talked about these two projects for months and months. Right now the focus is on MICHAEL and will be through the first quarter of 2011.

The Cirque project (soundtrack) is coming out after that. I've talked about these two projects for months and months.

Sorry I havnt followed that thread closely.. and TMZ mentions a Cirque soundtrack too. What is that all about? What songs will be picked?

--
ANSWER: Yes, the estate has always planned for a soundtrack album for the Cirque show. The first Cirque shows will be debuting in October 2011 and will continue through 2012 in North America. Expect the soundtrack LP to be released in this timeframe. It will contain the songs used in the Cirque concerts and from what I'm told WILL include one or two of MJ's new songs. (Smooth)

Last edited by a moderator:
quincy is comin back?!?

wow.. i feel like this OTW reissue will be done justice afterall...

looking forward to what they'll include..

as long as the full original album is included (which of course it will be), im down for some remixes, unreleased tracks from that era, and some demos..

CANT WAIT!!

wonder when it'll be released..

-Dal

I think Quincy might be mad if he wasn't involved. That's just feeling I have for some reason. I am not into remixes so much so I hope it's not a big focus on the album.

remaster? Jeez... how many tracks have been ruined from this??? They're too loud after remastering.

So a song for the Cirque thing will be a NEW, UNRELEASED song or an OLD, RELEASED song? :S

Off The Wall Remaster will be ok as long as they don't have artists like Beyonce, Akon, Usher etc singing with MJ.

I hated Thriller 25 because of that.

There are reports circulating that Sony will release 10 original albums, but that's not true. In addition to the release of "MICHAEL" on Tuesday, we're told there will be at least one other album with original songs and at most two.

But wasn't the logic of "fake MJ" to sell lots and lots of albums with an imitator, to make people accept the guy as MJ in order to make more albums of fake tracks? Really, I wish people would notice this kind of thing... There's no logic to it.

I'm happy to see an OTW remaster, that said. Hopefully they'll pack the album with a good number of unreleased material!

remaster? Jeez... how many tracks have been ruined from this??? They're too loud after remastering.

A remaster isn't a bad thing, as long as we have someone good doing it. Look no further than Vic Anesini's work with Elvis' material for a good example of someone doing a great job at remastering material in the best quality possible.
The problem is with today's mastering, for the mainstream. They master it too loud for the friggin' kids to enjoy (and destroy their ears and the music's dynamics and all the rest in the process) - aka loudness war.

I wonder what tracks will be selected for the OTW album.....even though it was more of a Thriller track, I wonder if Hotstreet will be on it.

They really don't need to release ANOTHER version of Thriller with that and other unreleased songs from that era. I'd be fine with it on OTW though. :)

Not to sure after hearing Quincy's last remakes album, especially that god awful PYT cover with T-pain, if hes bringing that to the table its gonna be worse than Thriller 25. Though unreleased stuff I'm all for, I love Off The Wall :D

I just hope that they won't destroy the unreleased material with overdubs and the like (*ahem*, Behind The Mask - I'm looking at you...). I don't like the Rolling Stones, but I heard they also released a special edition of one of their albums with a few demos and also destroyed the historical value of it by overdubbing new guitar tracks, etc... I mean, seriously? What's the point in releasing it then?

Give us unreleased material as it was recorded and I'll be happy!

I, for one, wish they'd leave Off The Wall alone. I love it just the way it is.

I hope they will release a concert DVD along with it.

Triumph or Victory.

The album "The Jackson's Live" what tour is that from? - That show as a Live DVD would be great!

yea the triumph tour was basically a "off the wall" tour featuring the jacksons..

haha.. but really yea..

-Dal

OTW 30th anniversary released along with a Triumph DVD would be fantastic.

Guys I remember that we all talked about this before June 25th.

That he would release an 'Off The Wall 30' with outtakes in 2009 to celebrate it was 30years ago the album got released.. just like a 'Thriller 25' album.

Anyone else remember it too?
Yeah, before This Is It concerts were announced, there was going to be OTW 30. Michaeljackson.com was even changed to have an Off The Wall theme at the time.

I agree with everyone who says, "No rubbish remixes"............

To Quincy,

No T-Pain rubbish..........no auto-tune!!!!!!

Back