Michael Jackson: Neverland Ranch could become a memorial park

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
Michael Jackson: Neverland Ranch could become a memorial park

michael-jackson-mf.jpg
Michael Jackson (Foto: Solarpix / PR Photos)

Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch could become a memorial park for the King of Pop.
The late ‘Bad’ hitmaker – who died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009 – hadn’t lived at the address since he was cleared of child molestation charges in 2005, and handed over the estate to Colony Capital LLC, a private equity firm, amid financial worries in 2008.

But now, state assembly member Mike Davis has revealed he proposes to apply to the California State Senate for backing to turn the disused site into a Michael Jackson-style Graceland. Owned partly by the Jackson estate, Neverland currently lies dormant, a far cry from its heyday when the singer wrote many of his greatest hits at the site – complete with zoo and Ferris wheel – and entertained hundreds of children with parties.
However, Mr. Davis suggested as California’s budget deficit currently stands at $19 billion, it would be difficult for the State Parks Department to purchase the property alone, and therefore proposes a public-private partnership to put the plan into action.
Meanwhile, several members of the Official Michael Jackson Fans of Southern California Group have offered to clean the pop legend’s vandalised Great Masoleum at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California – the singer’s final resting place – after other fans defaced the building with tributes written in permanent ink.
The group say they want cemetery officials to realise not all of the late star’s supporters are vandals.

http://en.naanoo.com/michael-jackson-neverland-ranch-could-become-a-memorial-park-gninews

One of my Michael dreams... I wish to see Neverland shining as if Michael was there, though is bittersweet, i rather this, to at list imagine he is in there, enjoying his Neverland Ranch :cry:

I hope the Ranch will be openend for the puplic.

I really am hoping this is true. I know Michael left and didn't want to go back, but he's not here with us anymore and I truly feel that he would approve of this for that fact (just my opinion though. I'm not Michael, I don't know exactly what he would want). It's a huge piece of Michael that we are lucky to still have. He spent a few years in sadness there but there were many more years of happiness. Michael deserves something like that dedicated to his legacy and memory.

isn't it old news?

I think so. Reminds me of news from July where they were discussing about turning Neverland into a state park. The MJFSC part is old news that's for sure as the property was cleaned by professional cleaners a few months ago.

yeah its old by the looks of it. same as the story about the state buying it and opening it up from months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back