Michael Jackson memorial plaque for Thriller theatre

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
A memorial is to be erected at a West End theatre in London on the eve of the first anniversary of the death of US pop sensation Michael Jackson.

He died last year just a week before he was due to perform 50 sell-out dates at London's O2 Arena.

The plaque will be unveiled on 24 June in the foyer of the Lyric Theatre, where the show Thriller Live is currently playing.

It features a string of hits from Jackson's solo and Jackson 5 career.

Fans flocked to the theatre after Jackson's death on 25 June, and they created a shrine of candles, tributes, flowers and 40 books of condolence.

The ceremony for the plaque will be attended by Britain's Got Talent 2009 winners, dance group Diversity, who had been booked to appear at Jackson's London concerts.

Thriller Live's cast will also attend the event and, before Friday night's performance, six of the youngsters who have played Jackson in the production will sing Speechless - The Tribute.

The song was originally recorded by Jackson and is being released this month in aid of War Child.

The show's executive director, Adrian Grant, said: "The sentiment behind the song, and what it now means to me in Michael's passing, truly reflects the emotions one feels due to his loss - those of sadness, but also remembering the joy he gave the world as we celebrate his life."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10360590.stm

That's such a lovely idea. Thriller Live has become such a permanant fixture of the West End now and its lovely to see. Might see if I can pop along and see it at the weekend.

I went to Thriller live just last week and had a great time - I went to the very first one in 2005 as well and it has been great seeing how well they have done over the years. I'll be there on Thursday to see the plaque. I miss Michael so much it hurts so deeply but knowing that people are keeping his legacy alive in so many ways really helps.

think you talking about something else dangerous

Sorry I didn't check the link before I approved. What you've posted is a different building, this is the theatre in London where Thriller Live is at.

Yes I understand that, Im just showing members what the ORIGINAL Thriller theatre looks like today.

Yes I see that, but it's still 2 totally unrelated things.

Does anyone know what time this is happening today/tonight? I have looked everywhere and there is no mention of a time for unveiling Michael's plaque!!

t6quis.jpg

I saw this earlier. Its a stunning plaque but its hard to see as surrounding it there are flowers, messages, teddy bears, etc. I choked up when seeing it but it is stunning.

I was there on Saturday, l literally bust into tears again. You should have read the poems the fans wrote. Its so heartbreaking

That plaque is sooo beautiful....what a great honor....thank you for sharing...I also look forward to see photos.

Back