Michael Jackson & Kingdom Entertainment

A really good question !!!!! What happend to "KINGDOM ENTERTAINMENT" ???? ...

He doesn't look pissed off, he's just listening intently to the other speakers. Also I think he was a bit nervous, as this kind of press conference is not really his thing...

I remember that press conference so well, it was in Paris in 1996, I was there... Very special memories... I even got to shake prince Al Waleed's hand. :lol: :flowers:

As for the company - well it sort of fell apart over time. The prince did sponsor the HIStory tour, and several other projects were started, but each ran into its own problems. The first theme park in Warsaw didn't get all the licencing worked out; the movie company was started at the same time as Spielberg and co started their "Dreamworks", which was unfortunate timing in many ways, and so on. Much more happened...

I think it's just important to realize how extremely complicated it is to set up a huge international company like that... a zillion things can get in the way, and some things did.

Also, over time it turned out Michaels notions of family values are not the same as prince Al Waleed's, so that created some tentions. But it was mainly political and business issues that got in the way of Kingdom Entertainment, not ideological ones.

Does anybody know what happened to Kingdom Entertainment, the venture Michael started with the Saudi Prince, Al-Walid Bin Talal. People were asking on my videos and I don't know the answer.:mello:

what happened with it? well er nothing lol same as most of the other stuff

lol negatviity coming from you thats a first lol

MJ doesn't look pissed. He always has that face when he's listening intently. It's just that he has his arms crossed and he looks pissed off.

yeah i agree. he didnt looked pissed in the P.C at all

What else do you want to happen with it? Mj got out of it what he wanted... he swindled a rich fool for millions, as he always does.

Could it be that the rich fool saw an opportunity to profit off of MJ's name and MJ got out of it first. Why do they always want MJ's name attatched to their project? Cause his name is power.

What else do you want to happen with it? Mj got out of it what he wanted... he swindled a rich fool for millions, as he always does.

ugh shut up, mods please ban him! im so sick and tired of all ITS negativity and makes me sick. He didnt swindle anything so shut up, how dare u make it seem as if mj uses people, why dont u just leave this board and just stop bein a michael fan, cuz ur clearly a fool

Also, over time it turned out Michaels notions of family values are not the same as prince Al Waleed's, so that created some tentions. But it was mainly political and business issues that got in the way of Kingdom Entertainment, not ideological ones.

What was the difference; are not family values universal?

I disagree with the notion that Michael Jackson is a swindler on the prowl for "rich fools".

i suggest ppl use the ignore funtion in there user cp. if theres certain posters whos posts they dont want to read

well i guess if they werent fans they may have thought that. but thats just mj

Originally Posted by ahmadnat

That comment is an OUT right ATTACK against Michael Jackson :mat:
and is against the rules - You have no business being here if thats
how you feel about Michael.

This is a fan board to support Michael
Not a Michael BASHING forum

All I have to say to you is
BEAT IT

^^ I agree with Mickie!

Definition of swindle:

swin·dle (sw
ibreve.gif
n
prime.gif
dl)
v. swin·dled, swin·dling, swin·dles
v.tr. 1. To cheat or defraud of money or property.
2. To obtain by fraudulent means: swindled money from the company.

v.intr. To practice fraud as a means of obtaining money or property.

And who else has he 'swindled as he always does'?

the companies listing in al-walids book does not have Kingdom Entertainment in it,, the book was published around 2006,, so it means its defunct,, the book also does not mention it,, "and its a biography book" they skipped the thing like it never happened!

the idea that mj "swindled" money from anyone is ludicrous! do a google on the prince by the way - there's some interesting stuff to say the least.

the idea that mj "swindled" money from anyone is ludicrous! do a google on the prince by the way - there's some interesting stuff to say the least.
Indeed. I think the prince tried to take advantage of MJ when he was there at his lowest and was in no position to say no to anybody. He was among strangers. He couldn't offend them, so he went along until he could excape, which was what he did.

Indeed. I think the prince tried to take advantage of MJ when he was there at his lowest and was in no position to say no to anybody. He was among strangers. He couldn't offend them, so he went along until he could excape, which was what he did.

Well I'm sorry but saying the Prince took advantage of Michael is just as silly as saying Michael took advantage of the Prince. This was in 1996, which in no way was MJ 'at his lowest', whatever you mean by that. He could've said 'no' to whoever he wanted to say no to, but in this case, he saw a good business opportunity and took it. They're both businessmen, they both got something out of it (for example, that Kingdom airplane that Michael used during the HIStory tour was gorgeous), but their cooperation simply didn't last. There's no need to get all negative about it.

Last edited:
Well I'm sorry but saying the Prince took advantage of Michael is just as silly as saying Michael took advantage of the Prince. This was in 1996, which in no way was MJ 'at his lowest', whatever you mean by that. He could've said 'no' to whoever he wanted to say no to, but in this case, he saw a good business opportunity and took it. They're both businessmen, they both got something out of it (for example, that Kingdom airplane that Michael used during the HIStory tour was gorgeous), but their cooperation simply didn't last. There's no need to get all negative about it.
If you checked my response, you will see that I was refering to the situation in 2005, and not '96.

Now you got me confused - what 'situation in 2005' are you talking about?
I dion't wish to continue this conversation. I was responding top somebody who accused MJ of swindling. I am finished with it. If you don't know about 05 then that is your issue. You were disrespectful to me and I don't like it.

AW: Re: Michael Jackson & Kingdom Entertainment

I dion't wish to continue this conversation. I was responding top somebody who accused MJ of swindling. I am finished with it. If you don't know about 05 then that is your issue. You were disrespectful to me and I don't like it.
Huh?! Where is the disrespect?? People are talking about '96 and you bring '05 into the equation, mixing up 2 princes and accusing an innocent prince of taking advantage of Michael!

You made a mistake, as Kingdom Entertainment happened in '96, not '05 and prince Al-Walid is not the prince of Bahrein, whom you're supposedly referring too, and you've been caught on it and corrected... and in case you really think prince Al-Walid took advantage of Michael... fyi he is one of the richest people in the world, I doubt he needs Michael Jackson, or anyone else, to take advantage of!

And don't worry about Satyagrahi.... she knows more than you'll ever will!

Last edited:
My response was a reaction to the poster that claimed that MJ swindled money from the rich fool, AS HE ALWAYS DOES. I interpreted the bolded part to be in reference to the 05 contract with the prince of Bharain.. I was responding to that part when I said that MJ was at his lowest point and was in no position to sign contract. I was defending MJ's honour. I made no comment about the contract of 96. I know nothing of that contract. I have clarified my reason for my response. Let it drop. Ahmadnat has now remove the offensive post.

Last edited:
Thanks for coming to my defense, Patrick, as I wasn't able to come on line yesterday. :flowers: And for clearing up the confusion between the two Arabian princes... I suppose that's what it was.

But, yeah... I really didn't mean any disrespect, Datsymay, so I'll drop it if you prefer... *shrug*

Last edited:
Back